Can't boot from USB on wintel W8 z3735f

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't boot from USB on wintel W8 z3735f

as per title - have a dual boot wintel W8 (win10 and android) - i want to remove android and install fresh windows across the whole 32gb flash. i can get into bios and change boot order but it keeps booting into windows - any ideas how can i get it to work?

Check that you can boot the USB flash drive from another machine as not all USB sticks support the ability to boot from them.
    R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post
      Check that you can boot the USB flash drive from another machine as not all USB sticks support the ability to boot from them.
      thanks but they are bootable - tried three different ones.... whichever method i use (from bios, from advanced startup in windows) and whichever port I pluged these in its the same - it boots into the android/windows selection screen and than into windows (or android if i select it)

Comment

Can you take a screen shot of the BIOS boot settings menu?

Comment

took photos of any screen I thought might be relevant...
          You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 6 photos.

Comment

I think you need to delete the android partition use a Linux distro boot to bios and choose boot from file option , choose linux usb , then efi , once Linux booted delete all partitions with gparted , reboot to bios with Windows installer usb again boot from file choose windows usb , efi , boot32 file and install on whole 32gb

Comment

So you have a UEFI Bios.

See if this helps.

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-create-windows-10-usb-bootable-media-uefi-support

Comment

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post
                thanks but the usb drives were made with the windows media creation tool and are UEFI compatible so i'm still in square one

Comment

Originally posted by jimennis View Post
                  I think you need to delete the android partition use a Linux distro boot to bios and choose boot from file option , choose linux usb , then efi , once Linux booted delete all partitions with gparted , reboot to bios with Windows installer usb again boot from file choose windows usb , efi , boot32 file and install on whole 32gb
                  the problem is that I can't boot of anything external at all - no ubuntu, no macrium reflect partition live usb disc, no windows 10 installation media... so if i delete anything right now I might be stuck with nothing to boot into...

Comment

I have wintel pro like you it won't boot usb straight I have too find in the bios the boot from file option which lists the partitions , I choose the usb and find the efi directory from there I can boot any usb once it has an efi efi boot . You could try mounting your installer inside your booted windows and hit the install exe thatwill start the install and maybe the option to partition

Comment

Originally posted by jimennis View Post
                      I have wintel pro like you it won't boot usb straight I have too find in the bios the boot from file option which lists the partitions , I choose the usb and find the efi directory from there I can boot any usb once it has an efi efi boot . You could try mounting your installer inside your booted windows and hit the install exe thatwill start the install and maybe the option to partition
                      HI again. First mine is not the pro version (mine is Z3735f). Second I am aware of the need to set boot priority in bios and have tried even disabling all boot options in bios other than the USB stick and with no luck. The boot process seems to ignore the BIOS choices...

Comment

Hope you find a solution , it worth noting that if the android system is deleted the bios may still look to boot it and the pc may not boot

Comment

I did a long time ago, it may still be relevant and work...
                          treboR
                          Please consider
                          Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Originally posted by trebor View Post
                            I did a long time ago, it may still be relevant and work...
                            http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...box#post506228
                            thanks for the advice but unfortunately 1. I dont seems to have wintoand on my windows and 2. it still require booting from a usb stick which I cant get the box to do...

Comment

https://superuser.com/questions/5616...-an-aptio-bios . Any help?

Comment

Working...
                              X