No announcement yet.

Can't boot from USB on wintel W8 z3735f

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is secure boot enabled or disabled in the BIOS (Security Menu)?
    R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

I bough Wintel W8 on Jan 2017 and unable to use it after 1 Year. I visited many website but can't find out solution work for me. Rebooted hundred times, then now Jan 2020 I finnaly fixed it. Now, I write this to help someone got problem like me.

Boot the Wintel W8 from USB was so tricky.
      It was took me several months to find out the solving way because I got the problem that I can't even boot to BIOS.
      In my case, the problem was the Windows 10 Automatic Update even when I disabled online search for update (It's automatic turn on silently after few weeks, more naughty than Windows 7). The Windows 10 in Wintel W8 was not a full version. And Also the storage capacity not enough for full install (22GB, total with android is 29GB, not 32GB) , thus windows crashed when trying to upgrade on startup. After that, system fail to boot starup windows. Fixing via reset Windows by it self only work for a few weeks. Also, Windows not full functional make the box failure in recognize monitor and that make the box error in monitor detecting. The only way to make Windows10 inside the box work stable is merge the volume of android to the windows, and reinstall is with full package.
      > To make it work again, we need to unplug power source a few minute. Then plug again and turn on the box.
      > If the monitor still not have signal, then make the box warm up just by wait for 10min. Or u can press Windows Key on Keyboard, Ctrl+Alt+Del for restart the box again. Make sure that u type Arrow Left and Enter repeatedly to Make it boot to Android. (Boot to Windows is fall to the trap again)
      > If the monitor still not turn on, press Esc and Del when restart. And if it still not turn on,... just warm up and cold down the box a little, restart the box and wait 5min and repeat again. CAUTION that the first time screen turn on and if the pending selection was Android, then DO NOT HIT ENTER, Just wait 10sec. However if the pending selection was on Windows, then switch to Android and hit Enter.
      > Now, when the monitor on, U can restart and goto Setup by mouse at Left Bottom Screen (the color of "Setup" text was near background color, oh man). Or u need to press ESC or Del on keyboard repeatedly.
      > Next, on BIOS, go to Security Tab. > Disable Secure Boot, and set Secure Boot Mode as Custom.? That was stupid.
      > Switch to Boot Tab. > Set Setup Prompt Timeout as 5; Disable Quite Boot; Disable Fast Boot;

As this point, you can plugin Windows 10 Installer USB, Exit Setup at Save and Restart, then press ESC to Launch Setup again which now the box is Detected the USB to boot. Then, switch to tab Save & Exit > Boot Override and hit Enter on the USB device. It was different than other Computer since it was not try to Boot on all available source.

However, If you decide to test other Operation System or the Internal Drive got Memory Error (fake capacity). I suggest to first disable the internal flash drive by: Goto Setup BIOS > Advanced > eMMC Information > disable SCC eMMC Support. And you can also disable SCC eMMC 4.5 DDR50, HS200 too. This will make device launch directly to Setup, never boot the trap again.

With MicroSD card, u will need an adapter and plug in USB port. Do not install direct on microSD slot of the box, because system won't detect it for boot.
      Also, the box only detect UEFI bootable device.
      Thus, Instant Ubuntu and WinPE won't be boot.
      The box only accepts Windows installer or system which have boot info in the efi folder.
      External CD/DVD disk Driver won't be detected on boot too.

Download Windows10 iso by visit Microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/
      U may need to change the Browser behavior if u are running windows to download Windows10. (Ubuntu and Android device is easy to download). VPN may require in some country to be able to load the page successfully.
      Next, making bootable USB that support UEFI booting from iso file. I have tried app on Ubuntu, however did not work for UEFI. Rufus app on Windows is still the best.

Have not try Windows 7, and Windows XP. However, I believe it's possible. I'm buying some more microSD Cards to test this. Also, I'm looking for Android x86 latest version to give it a try. It's cool because you can access Free VPN on android super fast, and by unbox the box, replace the Wifi Antenna Cable With +18dBi Antenna. U will able to get wifi from very far away.

Have a good day.

Last edited by phnghue; 01-03-2020, 10:04. Reason: Edit Page's Memory Error

Comment

I'm happy to see your device come to life again.
        You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 7 photos.

Comment

Working...
        X