• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by prahjister View Post
    Im up for testing and reviewing.
    Z3735 or6 i want to test i hope u will add big heatsink

Comment

finally there is a Intel player with Gigabit LAN and USB 3.0

I think this might be the first one that is announced and to be released. I have been expecting such a player for a long time.

My potential use will be a Linux server, or more particularly, an NAS, so Gigabit LAN and USB 3.0 are necessary. In addition, the x86/x64 repository of Linux distributions/softwares is much more profound compared with other platforms (I used to have quite a difficulty in compiling Asterisk on an RK3188 device). An internal 2.5" HDD/SSD would be great to have, and hopefully with a fast enough SATA interface (say SATA II at least).

The questions I would then ask:
      1. How many USB 3.0 ports are there? I saw HP Stream Mini has four USB ports, all 3.0!
      2. What about the support of drivers, for Linux? Basically what matters is the those of LAN/WiFI and USB chipsets, since there is no other player with such features released before.

I would be happy to test/review. Count me in if possible.

Comment

Maybe nobody noticed "Support Windows 8.1", which probably means that there will be a trial version included. The additional cost of a legitimate copy of Windows 8.1 should be considered too. Also, since Intel Z3735F does not seem to support SATA, USB 3.0 or Gigabit Ethernet, maybe all these ports will be connected to the USB 2.0 bus. Do not get overexcited yet.

Comment

You are probably right about the Intel CPU. I found similar thoughts from the following link:

Beelink has announced three new devices based on Intel Atom Z3735F processor: Pocket P1 slim PC, Pocket P2 HDMI stick, and a mini PC simply called "Mini

Basically, there are two types of SoC's: "Z3735D, Z3735E are in Type 4 Package" and "Z3735F, Z3735G, Z3736F, Z3736G are in Type 3 Package". The former has USB 3.0 native support, but no Gigabit LAN/SATA support. The latter only supports USB 2.0, no LAN/SATA support at all. In either case, LAN/SATA has to come through and hence is limited to the USB interface, making the performance not that ideal as expected.

Originally posted by loko View Post
          Maybe nobody noticed "Support Windows 8.1", which probably means that there will be a trial version included. The additional cost of a legitimate copy of Windows 8.1 should be considered too. Also, since Intel Z3735F does not seem to support SATA, USB 3.0 or Gigabit Ethernet, maybe all these ports will be connected to the USB 2.0 bus. Do not get overexcited yet.

Comment

Just order pipo x7, beelink mini pc look great but for sure it will be at a much higher price ...for testing and reporting only people who have so much they pile them will be chose... so I stay with my X7 choice at very nice price....
            T428 ,Radxa Rock (RR), cs918s v1.0, waiting for my X7...

Comment

Originally posted by lthyr View Post
              You are probably right about the Intel CPU. I found similar thoughts from the following link:

Beelink has announced three new devices based on Intel Atom Z3735F processor: Pocket P1 slim PC, Pocket P2 HDMI stick, and a mini PC simply called "Mini

Basically, there are two types of SoC's: "Z3735D, Z3735E are in Type 4 Package" and "Z3735F, Z3735G, Z3736F, Z3736G are in Type 3 Package". The former has USB 3.0 native support, but no Gigabit LAN/SATA support. The latter only supports USB 2.0, no LAN/SATA support at all. In either case, LAN/SATA has to come through and hence is limited to the USB interface, making the performance not that ideal as expected.

It a boils down to price point if cheap then may be solution for some I have lap top and pc I don't have need for another windows unless selling point and performance there as well for video my tv box out preforms both laptop and pc in respect to quality. If 200 or more add in a drive at same price as cheap Lap top they selling for 300 now. So many devices coming out now and next will be windows 10 lol. Will wait till they shipped and tested never want to repeat my m8 beelink night mare of poorly sodered hdmi boxes.
              Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

cant u just install extra stuff on external hdd?

Comment

For Windows based replacement need lot more then 64 gigs. My media alone is 10 times that.
                  Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

HP Stream Mini is selling for US$179.99, a quite competitive price, with a better CPU. Also on Aliexpress, there are quite a few Windows 8 mini PC barebones with similar CPU's (Celeron or even Pentium) coming the same price tag, but you have to supply RAM and HDD to make it work. I agree totally that many of us might rather wait until the tests are out and things become assured, before pulling the trigger on a specific newly-released device.

Originally posted by scooter2014 View Post
                    It a boils down to price point if cheap then may be solution for some I have lap top and pc I don't have need for another windows unless selling point and performance there as well for video my tv box out preforms both laptop and pc in respect to quality. If 200 or more add in a drive at same price as cheap Lap top they selling for 300 now. So many devices coming out now and next will be windows 10 lol. Will wait till they shipped and tested never want to repeat my m8 beelink night mare of poorly sodered hdmi boxes.

Comment

Beelink Intel TVPlayer and MiniPC to be launched

Originally posted by lthyr View Post
                      HP Stream Mini is selling for US$179.99, a quite competitive price, with a better CPU. Also on Aliexpress, there are quite a few Windows 8 mini PC barebones with similar CPU's (Celeron or even Pentium) coming the same price tag, but you have to supply RAM and HDD to make it work. I agree totally that many of us might rather wait until the tests are out and things become assured, before pulling the trigger on a specific newly-released device.
                      You are not including the cost for Windows either

Comment

Beelink Intel TVPlayer and MiniPC to be launched

Great news, I'm in 😄

Comment

Originally posted by oman View Post
                          NO Beta testing,but I might arrange some to someone who want to review these products,such as article or video .
                          Me me me me count me in for doing a review.

Whats drawing me to this device is the surport that comes with beelink & its a bonus that its a nice looking box too, full sized sd card slot nice touch, i have no use for the SATA port but others will, usb3 is what im looking for.

Blinkone
                          Last edited by blinkone; 02-10-2015, 21:58.
                          Please consider making a Donation to freakTab

Comment

Can we please NOT have the "me too" posts. Nothing personal people but EVERYONE would like to review one/test one/get one cheap. Doesnt really add anything to the discussion does it. Oh and ME TOO

Comment

Sorry,I made a big mistake,all 3 products are not usb3.0,but usb2.0
                              Easy way to catch LOG -> Search 'Syslog' in Google Play,then install it and catch log

Comment

So also not real GB Eth (best case ~ 250Mbit/sec) and also SATA at USB2.0 (best case ~ 250Mbit/sec => ~ 30 MByte/sec at sequential read/write; but as I often wrote the random are more imported at "real life" and will be also till ~ 30 MByte/sec (depends on the SSD) ) ...
                                RK3288 Devices
                                - Overview BOX (LINK !)
                                - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                                UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
                                Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                                Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                                Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Working...
                                X