No announcement yet.

Beelink pocket P1 windows 8.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

does anyone know if these devices can play silverlight based content smoothly? like sky go has anyone tested?

Comment

does anyone know how to wake this pc from wireless lan or from usb? all the options are greyed out, and no sleep option is present on the windows start screen. i take it its something in the bios i need to change
      Last edited by elim; 07-12-2015, 10:24.

Comment

Anyone able to point me in the direction of the Bluetooth driver for this? Bluetooth not working on mine & nothing I can find on line has worked.

Anyone have any suggestions? thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by ntom View Post
          Anyone able to point me in the direction of the Bluetooth driver for this? Bluetooth not working on mine & nothing I can find on line has worked.

Anyone have any suggestions? thanks.
          Try here

Please consider making a Donation to freakTab

Comment

anyone knows how to install a windows 8.1 64bit? I have a bootable pen drive, i can see it from the bios, but it can't boot!

Comment

I just got this pocket P1 and I have to say I am very happy with it. It runs cool and I managed to watch a 2.5+ hours FHD video on battery.

Comment

Is P1 capable of dual booting Android and Windows? Is the BIOS same as Meegopad T01?

Comment

how do people wake the device from sleep without having to push the power button?

Comment

Originally posted by swer View Post
                    anyone knows how to install a windows 8.1 64bit? I have a bootable pen drive, i can see it from the bios, but it can't boot!
                    I tried to boot Windows 8.1 x64 USB but failed too. X86 installed without any problem.

Comment

Originally posted by elim View Post
                      does anyone know if these devices can play silverlight based content smoothly? like sky go has anyone tested?

yes it can, no problem at all!

Originally posted by 2echo View Post

I tried to boot Windows 8.1 x64 USB but failed too. X86 installed without any problem.
                      I managed to boot a pendrive via an usb powered hub.
                      Beelink says "There are currently 64 bit BIOS, but there is no 64 - bit network card driver and sound card driver! Our team of engineers are debug driver, please wait a moment! "

Comment

I´m going to return this thing! The total nightmare itself. UNBELIEVABLE!

unpacked
                        conncected / set-up
                        starting
                        > NO PICTURE!!!
                        Luckily they´ve built one hdd activity LED so you can see there is something happening...whatever that is.
                        If not I would have returned this thing then right away.
                        It was connected to the front AUX-HDMI input of my Denon 2313 AVR!

But I didn´t want to give up at that point....So I tried something else and plugged it into my EIZO FS-2331 Monitor via HDMI.
                        Now there was a picture...and problem was quickly found...how ever those idiots (dealer or beelink is non of my interest) made it work at 59Hz Full HD resolution.
                        I have to tell you at that point that this device was sold with a super-duper XBMI/Kodi PlugIn preinstalled. Thats what they say....

Howerver that is why the Denon could not use that off standard picture! So I´ve easily fixed that by switching to 60Hz frequency. Now the Denon can handle the picture of that device.
                        Next Bomb! I quickly find out that the device is suuuuper slow working in many situations....though not getting any bluescreens.
                        Found the problem the idiots (dealer/beelink) truly were capeable to managa the device has and beliebe it not... ZERO MB free space on the drive of the device.
                        The whole Windows partition (two hidden partitions for Windows-Ini and Windows-Recovery are about 5GB) was full.
                        I wanted to keep the device as close to delivery state as possibly so worked over 2hrs to clean this device to get some free space....found a totally useless office installation on the drive which had no license at all but used about 2,5Gb of space...
                        Deleting this and some other stuff useless...brought me almost 4GB of free space if I rememeber right. That instandly made the device itself lucky as you were able too feel the device was longing for some free space because now the device ran as fast as I was expecting it to be. Though not as fast as my Surface 3Pro with an i3.
                        Then I tried to switch this thing to german language. The next chapter of horror started. One thing is...that it is not that easy as it sounds. The other thing was that someone managed to kill functions in Windows as I had to find out. The so called languags packs have to be downloaded and installed. I managed to resolve error message after error message when trying to install the german language pack.
                        Then it installed halfway but ended in an error I wasn´t able to fix.

So I said to myself....that´s it...the device needs a complete frest start. Let´s reset this device!
                        That I shoud´ve done right away...since it was definetly the right decision. That made definetly a whole different situation. About 10GB free and ther device feeled even Faster than before.
                        German Language pack installed without a single problem and some useless software installed from the dealer was gone. The whole problem was made by the dealer or who ever had his hands on my device . Wrong image loaded onto the device or whatever. The clean Restore-Partition from beelink worked like a charm.
                        I installed update after update with lots of reeboots inbetween (Windows 8.1). I´ve shut down that thing totally normal as some times before late evening to go to bed.
                        After work next day I wasn´t able to get a picture out of it...what ever I do. No Samsung TV, no AVR (Denon/Onkyo) not my Eizo monitor are able to bring a picture to life.

DEAD! I mean I can see it works....the HDD-LED does work and I think I can see a boot-up...but just no picture to be seen. no chance.
                        So I´ve written the dealer all that stuff an I want to return the item because I try my luck this time with a new Android device (http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...688-devices-aa).
                        I did not hear a thing from the dealer for over a weerk now. That speaks for itself I guess...
                        Luckily I bought it via **** and I´m safe to get back my money.

AGAIN: The whole mess up with the device seems clear to me has nothing to do with beelink. After all I think the dealer was the idiiot to ruin a possibly fine device.

Comment

Right after writing this...I unpack the device again since its still here and the dealer not giving a sign of life....and of course no picture....now even nothing. Plugged it into the monitor and when I was just about to give up again....A PICTURE! Just for short but it was there....Obviously the device has problems when the battery is empty or very close to that. After very very very often turning the device on sometimes I was in Windows but the device lost power (I guess) it is stable now.
                          AGAIN! The device is running the picture at 1920x1080 59Hz again! Why does that dumb thing to that??? This is an very unusual, uncommon video mode...which many TV/monitor don´t support!
                          So once again setting this to 60hz will do the trick my Denon will recognize a signal coming from the box!

With the widely known Trick I even was aldready able to initiate the Windows10 Setup/Update.
                          We´ll see if this thing can finish without losing it´s license

Comment

yes it can, no problem at all!

I managed to boot a pendrive via an usb powered hub.
                            Beelink says "There are currently 64 bit BIOS, but there is no 64 - bit network card driver and sound card driver! Our team of engineers are debug driver, please wait a moment! "
                            thanks sky go works fine however it struggles with the BT sport web player which is also silverlight., also everytime i want to use the device i need to switch it on from the device itself, nothing seems to wake it from sleep or am i doing it wrong?

Comment

HDMI problem:
                              Video-out only works on one out of four monitors I tested. Dell good, ASUS becomes non-responsive, old monitor and TV say no signal.
                              But it does work via a cheap 3->1 hdmi switch. Changing the frequency in Windows does not help - even in BIOS mode it does not work.
                              Perhaps an issue with the output signal voltage or resistance?

I cannot find any BIOS setting to enable wake from USB keyboard. Anyone?
                              Sometimes the battery runs down, even though it shows power connected. Probably the reason I sometimes find it asleep/hibernated.

Wifi has been a problem sometimes. Working OK now, touch wood.

Windows reports battery design capacity 14.25WHr, actual capacity 8.9 WHr.

anyone knows how to install a windows 8.1 64bit?
                              The UEFI is 32 bit, so not compatible. With Linux, you can with some effort put 32-bit uefi code on 64-bit linux, so it is probably possible with windows, but not simple.

Beelink says "There are currently 64 bit BIOS, but there is no 64 - bit network card driver and sound card driver!
                              That would be useful anyway. Is it available?

Comment

Well aside from the 59hz problem some monitors suffer. I never had a problem to bring picture to life with...

a SAMSUNG UE55ES7000s TV
                                a EIZO FS2331 Monitor
                                a EPSON EH-TW8100 Projector (via a Denon AVR-2313

Either you got a bad sample and should exchange it or your devices must be VERY PICKY as I can´t follow your problem.

Comment

Working...
                                X