Beelink pocket P1 windows 8.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Things to think about:

There is no way to remotely Start/Boot Up the device! > Either every run once to the device to start up or put it into standy to recovery from standy every time. Don´t know how much power THAT takes.
    There is no remote in the first place. You´ll have to use an air mouse /w Bluetooth keyboard (I used Rii Mini i28 and some check chinese airmouse with keyboard installed very successfully).
    If your devices can´t handel 59hz video you´ll probably run into problems having no picture from time to time.
    Windows8.1 with Bing comes preinstalled....you can install other languages like German with no problem (usually) and you´ll definetly get the windows 10 Upgrade. I Tested it > Windows10 reserved !!!
    Wifi Performance was brilliant! 2,4Ghz + 5Ghz ! Woohoo...faster than any android box ever seen.
    No Power LED but a HDD activity LED.
    Anything I plugged into the USB-Port worked! > Though did not test too many devices.
    General Performance is really fine but be warned ONLY to buy devices with 2GB of RAM and at least 32GB of Flash. I would strongly advise you not to but 16GB Flash devices. No good idea!

Comment

Originally posted by Magnifico View Post
      Either you got a bad sample and should exchange it or your devices must be VERY PICKY as I can´t follow your problem.
      Thanks. My display is picky, as it had trouble with a cheap Android device before. It may be a case of no-name chinese devices not meeting hardware spec's properly. Or the I2C software.
      HDMI problems seem to be far more common than VGA ever were, partly due to the drm apparently.
      Could it be a backward-compatibility in hdmi specs? None of these are very new.
      I doubt it is worth the time/effort/risk/cost of trying to exchange, being a china shop. The hdmi-switch workaround is ok, though the really old 19" still doesn't work.

Is 59Hz really 59.0 , or does it mean the 59.97 Hz used in the US?

Comment

Originally posted by bindy View Post
        HDMI problem:
        Video-out only works on one out of four monitors I tested. Dell good, ASUS becomes non-responsive, old monitor and TV say no signal.
        But it does work via a cheap 3->1 hdmi switch. Changing the frequency in Windows does not help - even in BIOS mode it does not work.
        Perhaps an issue with the output signal voltage or resistance?

I cannot find any BIOS setting to enable wake from USB keyboard. Anyone?
        Sometimes the battery runs down, even though it shows power connected. Probably the reason I sometimes find it asleep/hibernated.

Wifi has been a problem sometimes. Working OK now, touch wood.

Windows reports battery design capacity 14.25WHr, actual capacity 8.9 WHr.

The UEFI is 32 bit, so not compatible. With Linux, you can with some effort put 32-bit uefi code on 64-bit linux, so it is probably possible with windows, but not simple.

That would be useful anyway. Is it available?

Sorry for the late reply, no news on this side.

I have to ask you a favor if you can, i really need a full driver backup. Can you (or other owners) do it and upload it somewhere? Thank you very much!

Comment

So I have ne of these and more than happy.
          My concern is can I upgrade to Windows 8.1 pro? I want to have the RDP feature to enable me to remote support the device.
          So I also wondered if any one had gone and done the free Windows 10 upgrade. I suppose it beats paying $100 for the 8,1 pro pack
          AND if I do go and do this, how can I reload the unit back to factory defaults.
          I do like the unit but it does not come with any clear restore features etc.
          So really looking forward to everyone's input as I am ready to do the upgrade but first would like to hear how other people went on..

Thanks inadvance

Comment

Having a nightmare with the WiFi. It's so slow its unusable. Thinking it may be a driver issue. Anyone know where I can download drivers? Thanks

Comment

Yes, I've had a lot of wifi trouble. It seems to be a common problem on Windows Baytrail tablets, so I suspect this is related.

update: now it is completely broken. "no network devices detected". I try a USB wifi adapter: it shows up as "wifi 2" , but no networks detected. So it is more than a specific hardware driver problem.
              I will try update over USB-ethernet. If that fails, its time for another factory reset. I might end up installing Linux on this instead.

Earlier I installed Windows 10 on my P1, and it seemed OK once I manually updated the video drivers. Until it refused to turn on.
              Eventually got it to boot, and restored Win 8.1 .

Has anyone else had problems with it not turning on? Seems to be a power management thingy. Sometimes before I would go to use it and find it turned off.
              Other times it was connected to power but not charging, so I suspect the battery had run flat, and then started charging only after it shut down.
              Last edited by bindy; 09-22-2015, 03:31.

Comment

I just uploaded the beelink pocket p1 driver.
                Use Double Driver (http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/...e-Driver.shtml)
                Run the program as Administrator, and restore the driver,

Here is the link:
                MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

hope it works

Originally posted by swer View Post

Sorry for the late reply, no news on this side.

I have to ask you a favor if you can, i really need a full driver backup. Can you (or other owners) do it and upload it somewhere? Thank you very much!

Comment

Thanks skyl1n3. Will give it a go

Comment

Unfortunately the drivers have failed to fix the WiFi problem. If I could get Linux to boot I would be able to see if its a driver or hardware issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Dbase View Post
                      If I could get Linux to boot I would be able to see if its a driver or hardware issue.
                      I booted Linux, but the wifi was not supported. You need to use ethernet or a usb wifi adapter.
                      To boot linux, you need to add 32-bit UEFI to the boot device. F7 for boot menu.

Comment

Something very strange. I plugged in a usb wifi adaptor but i'm only getting max 3mb. If i plug the same adaptor into my pc I get 15

Comment

Originally posted by skyl1n3 View Post
                          I just uploaded the beelink pocket p1 driver.
                          Use Double Driver (http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/...e-Driver.shtml)
                          Run the program as Administrator, and restore the driver,

Here is the link:
                          https://mega.nz/#!iJ9nVLaI!M-Fh4Ge1m...Ulc3hp0A9rfiuI

hope it works

Thanks skyl1n3 !

I'm adding some useful links to the discussion:
                          1. Full restore image provided by Beelink itself (I tried this, but after the restore wifi and bluetooth drivers are not installed): https://mega.nz/#!hF9iWKrD!hS1ZjQneL...5MTpxdIt87CMdg
                          2. Intel driver package for baytrail platform: https://mega.nz/#!5JVSgaIA!lCI7Bo0fr...KsVLn7n4agTa0w
                          3. Another full drivers backup: https://mega.nz/#!xIN0DYbD!hfcf1pUgf...6HndzQOMkv39sA
                          4. Bluetooth driver that works: https://mega.nz/#!wJsg0ZoI!0ByNn2uIJ...gQTC0vSkVqQli4
                          Last edited by swer; 10-03-2015, 00:20.

Comment

First link asking for decryption key swer

Comment

so is it sure that there is no way to install 64bit windows? I tried to boot from USB a W10 64bit OS but it skipped to the standard Windows boot, no way to boot, also from UEFI Shell.

Comment

Originally posted by Dbase View Post
                                First link asking for decryption key swer
                                My bad, sorry. Fixed!

Originally posted by fdm91ft View Post
                                so is it sure that there is no way to install 64bit windows? I tried to boot from USB a W10 64bit OS but it skipped to the standard Windows boot, no way to boot, also from UEFI Shell.
                                Nope.

Comment

Working...
                                X