Beelink pocket P1 windows 8.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beelink pocket P1 windows 8.1

Do any of you guys have this device The Beelink pocket P1 it looks much the same as the Ainol but without the built in battery.

Just wondering if its worth getting i do like the beelink brand but would like to no what you guys think!! Has anyone brought one?

Are there any overheating problems?

Is the wifi any good?

To buy or not to buy???

Main Features:

Features 2GB RAM 32GB storage ROM(with support for micro SD card up to 32GB)
    Intel Bay Trail CR Z3735F CPU: Stable, efficient and reliable
    802.11b/g/n dual band WiFi(2.4GHz/5GHz): Connect effortlessly in a world without wires
    Bluetooth 4.0: Easy pairing with all your devices (computer, mobile phone, keyboard, etc.)
    Operating system: Windows 8.1
    USB2.0 host ports: For webcams, microphones, external hard drives, USB sticks and more
    HDMI connector: Set up your home cinema for the best 1080P FHD multimedia experience
    3.5mm audio output: Immerse yourself in audio bliss
    Multi-language supported for multiple regions and dialects around the world
    Please consider making a Donation to freakTab

You could get it from gearbest.com with $107.89 after the coupon: BP1. Affordable price with a cool product. http://freaktab.com/forum/advertiser...d-usb3-0-input

Gearbest TV Box & Mini PC Page

#2 Flash Deals Flash Deals
    #3Coupons Coupons, Coupons and More Coupons

Comment

Just USB 2 though of course.
      R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Yes I no but I don't really need usb3,, ok its a good thing to have but not essential for me I just like the size of it perfect for taking round a friends house on a evening + iv not heard of over heating problems.im just toying with the idea at the moment..Whats your thoughts?

Comment

This and the Ainol are much of a muchness and it seems that neither suffer from overheating.

The only differences in spec are the battery on the Ainol and dual band wireless on the Beelink.

Comment

Originally posted by blinkone View Post
            Do any of you guys have this device The Beelink pocket P1 it looks much the same as the Ainol but without the built in battery.

Just wondering if its worth getting i do like the beelink brand but would like to no what you guys think!! Has anyone brought one?

Are there any overheating problems?

Is the wifi any good?

To buy or not to buy???

Main Features:

Features 2GB RAM 32GB storage ROM(with support for micro SD card up to 32GB)
            Intel Bay Trail CR Z3735F CPU: Stable, efficient and reliable
            802.11b/g/n dual band WiFi(2.4GHz/5GHz): Connect effortlessly in a world without wires
            Bluetooth 4.0: Easy pairing with all your devices (computer, mobile phone, keyboard, etc.)
            Operating system: Windows 8.1
            USB2.0 host ports: For webcams, microphones, external hard drives, USB sticks and more
            HDMI connector: Set up your home cinema for the best 1080P FHD multimedia experience
            3.5mm audio output: Immerse yourself in audio bliss
            Multi-language supported for multiple regions and dialects around the world

20/05/2015
            I see they have this on Special Today Now $99.00us

Use Coupon P1 only 50 units

http://www.gearbest.com/m-promotion-active-8.html

treboR
            Please consider
            Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Thanks Trebor nice spot that's a good deal too iv got it coming now so will be comparing it with the Ainol once it arrives

Comment

I ended up purchasing one of these on the 28th of May after reading Trebor's write up on home theatre life. Managed to get in on the P1 discount. Received notice yesterday it's been shipped. Gearbest aren't exactly quick with stuff they have in stock!

Comment

New to forum!

Have one of these & running Squeezebox server on it seems great. The Beelink also has a built in battery. Seems well put together & only barely gets warm. Can't open it to look inside.

I made basic error of not backing this up before I used it. Not sure whether it came with the problem or not but need the bluetooth drivers for this and ideally. If anyone has a backup of it's factory state can you drop me a line or add a link here where I might find drivers. Nothing i've tried has worked so far.

Comment

#13 05-26-2015, 01:40 PM

Does anyone have backup BIOS of Beelink Pocket P1 ?
                    Recently, I disabled the USB 3.0 feature in the the BIOS, and then I cannot enter BIOS menu (via F7 Key), because the USB Ports are disable on boot.
                    But, I can still boot into windows, the USB works fine too.
                    If anyone can make backup BIOS using AMI BIOS tools AFUWIN AptioV, that would be helpful.
                    https://www.ami.com/ami_downloads/AM...te_Utility.zip

Comment

Finally, I was able to fixed the problem.
                      For anyone who has the same problem, here is the backup BIOS for Beelink Pocket P1.
                      MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 50GB now!

Do it at your own risk

Comment

Mine arrived Friday & I've been setting it up. Still waiting for remote and usb to ethernet to arrive to get it fully up and going. A couple of walls between it and the router with wifi(plus have cat 6 running through the house).

Found that the IntelĀ® Driver Update Utility states that all the drivers are up to date, even though the graphics driver appears to be a couple of versions older than what is available on the intel web site. So downloaded & updated this manually.

Also it appears that unlike a lot of the other intel based devices, this is not using a realtek chip for wifi/bluetooth etc. For the wifi, it has broadcom drivers installed. Looking in the BIOS, it lists AP6330 for wifi. I've not been successful so far in tracking down windows drivers to see if they are up to date for this. Anyone had any luck? Or am I misreading what it has for wifi etc?

Comment

Originally posted by fant0mas View Post
                          Mine arrived Friday & I've been setting it up. Still waiting for remote and usb to ethernet to arrive to get it fully up and going. A couple of walls between it and the router with wifi(plus have cat 6 running through the house).

Found that the IntelĀ® Driver Update Utility states that all the drivers are up to date, even though the graphics driver appears to be a couple of versions older than what is available on the intel web site. So downloaded & updated this manually.

Also it appears that unlike a lot of the other intel based devices, this is not using a realtek chip for wifi/bluetooth etc. For the wifi, it has broadcom drivers installed. Looking in the BIOS, it lists AP6330 for wifi. I've not been successful so far in tracking down windows drivers to see if they are up to date for this. Anyone had any luck? Or am I misreading what it has for wifi etc?

Unlike many Wintel boxes, this has dual band wifi.

Try using driver booster to see what drivers it thinks are out of date.

The best free driver updater for Windows 11/10. Fully detect and update all your old drivers for graphics, USB, audio, display, network, printer, mouse, keyboard and scanner. Free check driver updates now.

The free version will allow updating of some drivers and identification of others, so should hopefully at the least tell you if there is an updated version.

I use the Pro version and I have found it to be one of the only programs of this type that actually works.

Comment

Hi guys...can you tell me if these Windows 8.1 boxes are using the x86 version of windows (not RT)? Since they're using Atom processors and have enough ram (even if barely).
                            If they're using regular windows, I'm planning on installing Steam on one to do some in-home streaming of games.

Comment

Originally posted by jironda View Post
                              Hi guys...can you tell me if these Windows 8.1 boxes are using the x86 version of windows (not RT)? Since they're using Atom processors and have enough ram (even if barely).
                              If they're using regular windows, I'm planning on installing Steam on one to do some in-home streaming of games.

Yes they are using regular Windows, so you will get the 10 upgrade too.

Comment

Working...
                              X