Beelink M808 can't boot from USB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beelink M808 can't boot from USB

My girlfriend filled my M808 with spyware/adware and other crap so I need to format it.

Strangely enough, a bootable Windows 8.1 USB drive (from Rufus) won't boot no matter what.

It's seen as a UEFI device on the AMI BIOS but other than that it boots directly to the internal storage.

I also tried with shift+reset in the login screen, selected the USB stick and rebooted to Windows again.

Please help ...

From what I understand, I need to disable Secure Boot but I can't find this option anywhere...

Comment

i also couldnt get a bootable usb to boot with rufus on my m808 even if it is GPT mode...

SOLUTION:
      MUST MUST MUST BE A GPT disc..
      download ISO2DISC (http://iso2disc.en.lo4d.com/)
      select 32bit ISO file to use for bootable

once your usb is created
      turn on the m808 and press DEL or F2 to get into the BIOS if you cannot move thru the bios with the keyboard restart the m808 and dont hammer the F2 or DEL key only press it once or tweice when you see the beelink logo..

goto the boot tab and goto the override boot up and choose the USB device you made.. try the UEFI one first and then try normal...

you may be interested in installing THIS too the beelink

Cheers
      Coroner

Comment

Fantastic to hear a reply, thank you very much, Coroner

Will I be able to install Windows x64 as well? 32-bit MAME builds have been having severe stability problems since v0.162, while my M808 will serve mainly as an emulation machine.

Comment

Working...
        X