MeeGoPad T01 Windows 8.1 TV Stick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Received my Megopad windows 8/android pc stick today. Will be posting a review shortly.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by bloatman; 01-12-2015, 03:43.

Originally posted by bloatman View Post
    Received my Megopad windows 8/android pc stick today. Will be posting a review shortly.
    Good...thank you in advance for your reviews.

Comment

Hi bloatman, I'm curious to know, how so (windows 8.1) will work, on a key MeeGoPad T01.

For ( video 1080p in sdCard, streaming 1080p, heat of the key MeeGoPad T01 ), ...

Comment

really interested in this, could you please give some feedback regarding following (no rush, of course ) :

- O.S. responsiveness/memory occupancy (windows especially)
        - daily basis use software usage (browsers+flash, video players, office-like applications, etc.)
        - heat of the thingie under pressure
        - XBMC/KODI performances (heavy mkv's and h265 videos)

also, what version of the stick are you using?
        1 or 2 GBs?

Comment

It's the 2g/32gb dual boot version, I think I accidently installed windows over factory image during set up so I'm waiting for factory to send me replacement firmware. So far windows seems very responsive but I have not gone any further except to play a 40 min video and unit was barely warm.

Comment

Seems like a cool device.can u check if netflix is 720p?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I installed kodi helix and several addons. Streams smoothly at 1080p 60fps, big buck bunny 4k played also but with stutter, could be network related. The player seemed to get very hot and somewhat unstable during testing but only in spmc, it may related to custom transparency skin I installed. I will be posting a video I made on YouTube shortly.
              Got it direct from meegopad 4 day dhl shipping included.
              They have a storefront on aliexpress and the rep I dealt with had a meegopad.cn email address. She told me probably later this year they will be releasing an upgraded intel chip with 4gb ram

Comment

netflix and amazon testing next, probably on Sunday

Comment

Your Meegopad comes with dual boot? It seems like some only come with Windows. I've heard there are some problems with BIOS. Some said they will release Dual-Boot ROM soon but still haven't heard from them yet.

If they have plan to have upgrade new CPU with 4GB RAM it would be nice. I just hope it will come with new Intel Cherry Trail that will have more powerful graphic nearly Tegra K1.

Comment

Hi bloatman,

Do You need to buy key in order to activate Windows?
                    If so, can You please check what the prize is?
                    Do You think PC Windows 8 Pro key will work (mine was bought at G2A)?

Thanks in advance.
                    Michal
                    Last edited by michalw2; 01-11-2015, 18:53.

Comment

Originally posted by bloatman View Post
                      I installed kodi helix and several addons. Streams smoothly at 1080p 60fps, big buck bunny 4k played also but with stutter, could be network related. The player seemed to get very hot and somewhat unstable during testing but only in spmc, it may related to custom transparency skin I installed. I will be posting a video I made on YouTube shortly.
                      Got it direct from meegopad 4 day dhl shipping included.
                      They have a storefront on aliexpress and the rep I dealt with had a meegopad.cn email address. She told me probably later this year they will be releasing an upgraded intel chip with 4gb ram
                      Probably pipo x7 is better on the heat side, and has also faster cpu. Considering it's on the same price as meego...
                      I'll wait a bit tho... These first models will have soon lots of brothers. Better brothers.

Comment

it supposed to come with windows 8.1 with bing included at no additional cost, I suppose you can upgrade to professional with your key.
                        I am using plain 8.1 for now because I think I installed it over factory image during initial setup. You can choose for dual boot but I hear android has some bugs right now and 32gb storage is probably best suited for 1 operating system, just my opinion though

Comment

Compared to competing ARM SoCs, Bay Trail outperforms the Adreno 320 (which can be found in different Qualcomm SoCs like the Snapdragon 600) and offers a performance similar to the Tegra 4 GPU. That is enough power to run even the most demanding Android games smoothly in very high resolutions as of 2013.

The integrated video decoder supports all popular codecs such as MPEG2, H.264, VC1, VP8 and MVC and is suitable for resolutions up to 4K up to 100 Mbit/s. The user can connect up to two displays via HDMI 1.4 (max. 1920 x 1080) or DisplayPort 1.2 (max. 2560 x 1600). Another new feature is the support for Wireless Display and Quick Sync, Intel's fast and power efficient H-264 hardware encoder. Some of these features are not available on all models.

Depending on the model, the power consumption of the entire SoC is somewhere between 2 and 10 W. The most efficient versions are therefore suitable for passively cooled tablets, whereas faster variants are used in larger subnotebooks with active cooling.

Comment

https://01.org/android-ia/guides/developers Someone could improve services xbcm google android root system.

https://01.org/android-ia/downloads/android-4.4.2r1-ia2 Android in intel platforms .

Developers

Comment

Is it possible to flash whole ROM Images for this Windows stick like we know it from Android Sticks?

If so, has anybody already made one without needless Tools etc.?

Comment

Working...
                              X