X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ddxcb View Post
    The original link is a virus...

Edit, watch out some of the DL links in the list will make you download a rar.exe, DO NOT RUN.
    Already been discussed. it's a false positive. False download button ads are common with some file hosts I recommend downloading from datafilehost or gamefront.
    Scan results: https://www.metascan-online.com/en/s...22cf4e7ee1c27f
    Last edited by stewartie4; 03-03-2015, 21:33.

Comment

when you have multi boot wait with install of this bios.

First findings.
      - no dual entry of Ubuntu
      - order of boot items changed
      - but I can't boot Ubuntu

I expect that the order is also changed in grub ( I hope so )
      That would explain that windows also starts when i select Ubuntu.
      I have configured grub to boot automatically. Tomorrow I will try to fix Ubuntu boot :-(

DB

Comment

Originally posted by stewartie4 View Post
        Here's the original T01 BIOS along with a dump from a stick with a newer version number
        http://snipped
        Hi,
        what do you mean by "stick with newer version number"?
        which one? the 10_Dec_14?

my bios build date is 19_Jan_15 :confused :

Comment

Error

Hi, when I start the file happens to me a mistake! Please helf me

Click image for larger version

Name:	Unbenannt.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	120.3 KB
ID:	437356

Comment

Originally posted by sirov View Post
            try changing your working directory to meegopad_pack and run the command from there

Comment

Originally posted by farhanito View Post
              Hi,

my bios build date is 19_Jan_15 :confused :
              Hi, I'm not saying that it is the latest bios version you can get, only that there are two versions you can try and the December one is the most recent of the two. Unless you have messed your BIOS up you don't need these them downloads anyway.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]10696[/ATTACH]
              You need to change drive and directory directory to the folder first. eg. "CD/DD:/meegopad_pack/"

alternatively simply run update.bat as an administrator as detailed in the instructions.

Comment

Hi,
                T01V01MEEGOPAD01.BIN
                BIOS Date: 12/10/2014 16:14:45 Ver: T01WT03D

10_Dec_14_bios_dump.bin
                BIOS Date: 12/10/2014 16:14:45 Ver: T01WT03D

EMBEDDED_OEM_BIOS_DUMP.bin
                BIOS Date: 01/19/2015 16:03:06 Ver: T01WT03D

Start a Command Prompt as an Administrator.

There are a lot of ways to do this, one of them being the following:

Run "CD D:\meegopad_pack" to change the current working directory.

Run "fptw -f EMBEDDED_OEM_BIOS_DUMP.bin" or "update.bat" which executes the former command.

Comment

Originally posted by loko View Post
                  It just crossed my mind, though it can be wrong. Please confirm it.

It is common for manufacturers to provide binary files to upgrade your BIOS.

The provided binary files in this thread are actually dumped from working computers.

The first BIOS version was not properly compiled, thus not having the true option to enable Auto Power On, even if selected so from the BIOS (State After G3 = S0 or S5). This problem seems to have been addressed in the second BIOS version.

As you may now, the first batch of MeeGoPad sticks shipped with a trial version of Windows 8.1 Pro. There was no Windows 8.1 with Bing license embedded in the BIOS. There was a huge disappointment about that, since users had to pay for a full Windows license. Also, there was a licensing issue, since trial Windows versions cannot be included in retail products.

Newer devices have a higher price, and include an embedded license for Windows 8.1 with Bing.

Since the provided binary files are actually dumped from working computers, there is a chance that the second file includes a Windows 8.1 with Bing license, and by flashing it you may enjoy activated Windows in the older devices.

I do not know where or how exactly the Windows license is embedded in the BIOS, or if the dumped BIOS includes a Windows license, but if these licenses are unique, then by installing it to multiple devices there could be a licensing problem.
                  For some reason I'm only seeing this now!! this post was literally not coming up a few hours and days ago!

I have direct clarification on why power on after G3 doesn't work - it is by design. MeegoPad specifically addressed this in an email reply they send me when I first got my 2 sticks and wondered what the issue was. They specifically disabled this feature so they could justify charging more to people who will be using the stick in embedded applications such as in billboards or Kiosks. They told me that the only way to get a stick that auto powers on is to buy in bulk.

Clearly their way of disabling the feature is extremely crude which is why it bricks the sticks if you try to use it. The BIOS I have provided is from my 3rd meegopad stick, one that I ordered from aliexpress that came with the feature enabled (i couldn't believe my luck) of course the seller wanted the stick back when they realized their mistake (they offered to pay return shipping plus a $50 voucher!), so of course I obliged, dumping the BIOS first :P

The reason I have 3 BIOS dumps is the "original" ones are taken directly from my 2 sticks and the auto update one is taken from the stick the seller accidentally sent me. I can also confirm that the stick I got did not have activated windows!
                  Hope this clears things up guys!

Comment

try changing your working directory to meegopad_pack and run the command from there
                    do you mean c: \ meegopad_pack \ ....?

Comment

do you mean c: \ meegopad_pack \ ....?
                      In the screenshot you posted the meegopad folder was in the D drive which is why we both suggested that. But if you have now copied it onto your c drive then yes of course CD to that drive or wherever it is.

To be clear though you really are making this much harder on yourself than it needs to be. Right click update.bat and run it as an administrator and it will save the trouble of using cmd!

Comment

Thanks to all !!!!!! With "chdir -d D: \ meegopad_pack" and then the command "fptw -f EMBEDDED_OEM_BIOS_DUMP.bin" everything worked

Comment

In the screenshot you posted the meegopad folder was in the D drive which is why we both suggested that. But if you have now copied it onto your c drive then yes of course CD to that drive or wherever it is.

To be clear though you really are making this much harder on yourself than it needs to be. Right click update.bat and run it as an administrator and it will save the trouble of using cmd!
                          if I had run update.bat the file as administrator, nothing happened. but now worked with command promt

Comment

Hi, I'm not saying that it is the latest bios version you can get, only that there are two versions you can try and the December one is the most recent of the two. Unless you have messed your BIOS up you don't need these them downloads anyway.

You need to change drive and directory directory to the folder first. eg. "CD/DD:/meegopad_pack/"

alternatively simply run update.bat as an administrator as detailed in the instructions.
                            ah, okay.

FYI, so i tried flashing the 10_Dec_04 one just for curiosity.. everything works fine without any errors.
                            but apparently, it has missing TXE information in BIOS setup, also confirmed in Windows Device Manager (system booted fine though).

so I reverted back to my original bios (dumped using the tool provided).

Comment

Overjoyed!

@stewartie4 I was returning my T01 because it was missing that power feature (why does it not have it by default!?!!) then I was linked to this page! all I can say is THANK YOU SO MUCH!
                              I don't know what the world is coming to but this thread has 900 views, God knows how many people you have helped and NOT ONE person has thanked you yet! People have complained about viruses and asked for more help and said this that and the other should be included, but no-one has actually said "I realize you did not have to share this with us... but you did anyway"
                              So on behalf of everyone who hasn't said.... THANK YOU!!!!!

Comment

Remove Start Logo

Can someone tell me if you can start the logo "Meegopad" remove at Meegopad

Comment

Working...
                                X