Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

making a copy of a dal boot Meego

Hi all

I am trying to copy my dual boot ( Windows 8.1 and Ubuntu 14.10 ) to another Meego

On the original Meego I have
    - new BIOS with auto start up
    - Windows 8.1
    - ubuntu 14.10 that also auto boots ( tweaked GRUB a little bit )
    - I get 2 entries in the bios boot menu

On the second Meego I have
    - New Bios with auto start up
    - windows 8.1

I make a copy of the original with dd if=/dev/mmcblk0 .....
    Put that on the second Meego, I get boot problems
    It doesn't boot at all from Ubuntu and windows needs to repair it self ( that succeeds )

If I then copy in mmcblk0p1/EFI/ubuntu the grubia32.efi over grubx64.efi it starts working
    but it seems like that after one auto boot it will hang on boot. If I then go to the other entry
    of ubuntu in the bios boot manager that one starts also only ones.

Doe anybody have any idea what can be wrong ???

A number of people what this meego with my setup, but at the moment
    I can' t provide, because of this problem ( the people that need to install can't go throug the
    complete process of installing it from scratch )

I don't know what you had done, but why don't you try to use e.g. clonezilla or something like that? http://clonezilla.org/
    Maybe, before you write the backup, first you have to update the bios?
    BTW: please remember that you are not allowed to post any backups of the windows at FreakTab...
    RK3288 Devices
    - Overview BOX (LINK !)
    - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
    UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
    Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
    Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
    Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

> first you have to update the bios

Do yo mean, that there are configurations in the bios area, that are related to the bootable systems on the meego? I already put the same auto boot bios on both meego's.

> BTW: please remember that you are not allowed to post any backups of the windows at FreakTab...

I was not planning to do so. The target group is in RC aircraft's :-)

DB,

Comment

I don't know, but I would do it this way only to be sure source and destination are identical...
        RK3288 Devices
        - Overview BOX (LINK !)
        - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
        UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
        Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
        Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
        Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Exactly let me see if I can make a Clonezilla USB Stick that can Boot in this and make Backup of it.

Comment

Working...
          X