Asking for advices before buying the Meegopad T01

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asking for advices before buying the Meegopad T01

I was looking for a mini Windows pc stick and I found the Meegopad T01. Later I also have found that GeekBuying is selling another similar device named Beelink Pocket P2.

The Beelink Pocket P2 has a better look so I decided to give it a try. However as it currently doesn't support auto power-on feature, I planned to go back to the Meegopad T01 when suddenly a GeekBuying representative sales staff told that this Meegopad T01's system is unstable.

Can anyone tell me how unstable the Meegopad T01's system is? Is it suitable for daily use? Should I buy it anyway or wait for a BIOS update of the Beelink Pocket P2 to support auto power-on feature? Thanks.

i am using meegopad 32 gb version. i think biggest problem of meegopad tv stick is cooling cpu. i tried different paltform drivers but when cpu usage increased then cpu increasing highest levels. if you think buy this tv sitck you need ekstra cooler for stability. i am mounted extra cooler outside of the meegopad then cpu heat problem solved. generally i am happy with this stick. but i suggest buy ainol mini pc. ainl mini pc has usb 3.0 support, huge capacity battery and cpu model different than meegopad. ainol cpu model works on higgest heat from meegopad cpu.

Comment

Originally posted by n3wb13 View Post
      I was looking for a mini Windows pc stick and I found the Meegopad T01. Later I also have found that GeekBuying is selling another similar device named Beelink Pocket P2.

The Beelink Pocket P2 has a better look so I decided to give it a try. However as it currently doesn't support auto power-on feature, I planned to go back to the Meegopad T01 when suddenly a GeekBuying representative sales staff told that this Meegopad T01's system is unstable.

Can anyone tell me how unstable the Meegopad T01's system is? Is it suitable for daily use? Should I buy it anyway or wait for a BIOS update of the Beelink Pocket P2 to support auto power-on feature? Thanks.
      I use the stick for XBMC. this includes HD video streaming, artwork and metadata downloading and high-tax skins. It has not missed a beat. XBMC in terms of CPU power is more taxing than the likes of work or web browsing so you won't have an issue there either. The other stick does not support auto power on which is an instant deal breaker for me. The other stick may look better in your opinion but at the end of the day it will be hidden behind a TV, so why buy a stick with less functionality and a bottleneck like having to press the button every time, for more money, just because it looks better?

Comment

My MeegoPad is pretty stable...There is a bit of stutter when browsing the web, and I have had instances where Flash or Java Script have made the page freeze (Try going to CNN within IE)...That being said, it does everything else pretty well.

My cowork bought the same one, but from a different vendor, and it had Android 4..4.4 installed on it. I was displeased when mine did not, so at this point, I'm trying to figure out how to make that image work on mine. It ran Android quite well, so that's something to take into consideration too)

Comment

Working...
        X