Want custom Bios Logo on Meegopad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Want custom Bios Logo on Meegopad

Has anyone had any luck with modifying the bios logo on the meegopad? I downloaded a program called ezH20.exe to try and modify the bios but when I click Logo the program crashes.

Any help would be appreciated.

Originally posted by shinomen View Post
    Has anyone had any luck with modifying the bios logo on the meegopad? I downloaded a program called ezH20.exe to try and modify the bios but when I click Logo the program crashes.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Well I think I figured it out. After learning that this is an AMI Aptio bios I did some google searching which brought me to this page from AMI. https://www.ami.com/products/bios-uefi-tools-and-utilities/bios-uefi-utilities/

This explained all the different utilities for AMI Aptio bios files. I found that there is a program called "Change Logo" which will do what I want. I did a google search for "aptio change logo utility download" (sans quotes) which brought me to a page on www.bios-mods.com that had a link to download the program http://www.sendspace.com/file/q00qrb

I was able to run the program, load the bios and extract the Full Screen MeegoPad logo. I have not modified it and added back yet but I wanted to let others know.

Comment

Did it work?

Comment

No it did not. I extracted the logo but when I add back and try to save the bios file, it says that it cannot write bios file and gives me a file with a size of 0KB. I don't know if there is some sort of write protect on the bios file or if there is another way that I need to do it. If anyone else has ideas or knows how to do this I would be very appreciative.

Comment

I don't know which version of the "Change Logo" you found...
          But e.g. at the "AMI BIOS Configuration Program" (AMIBCP) the newest version which you will find at the internet is 4.55 but at the AMI page (at the picture) you can see that they talk about 5.x, so I wouldn't do any hacks with 4.55 (too risky)...
          Maybe the same problem at the "Change Logo" (maybe too old version which isn't able to work with newer BIOS versions)???
          RK3288 Devices
          - Overview BOX (LINK !)
          - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
          UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
          Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
          Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
          Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Thanks for the clue, good eye. I started to suspect it was an older version I was using that was causing my problem but I had no clue what version to look for before you said something. I have found version 5 at the following website post number 42. You have to register but it's free. I was able to change the logo and save the file successfully. I then was able to extract the logo and it was in fact the new logo. I will be testing flashing later when I get a chance.
            Zitat von Tito im Beitrag #30 Well, good news! I have something interesting to share ;) Yes, that is really very good news! The result of your work see

Comment

I was able to successfully flash my bios with my updated logo and it worked perfectly. I kept the image at 1280x800 even though the program complained about the size and it worked!

Comment

Congratulations
                Download also available at https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=50142...AmAQaaK2TM88qY

Now we are only have to find AMIBCP 5.x
                RK3288 Devices
                - Overview BOX (LINK !)
                - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
                Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Thanks! But is there a tutorial how to use? for dummies

Comment

Hello guys!
                    Flash bios:
                    American Megatrends BIOS Update: Flash Utility
                    We have been supporting small & medium sized businesses in Farnham for over 15 years! With super-fast & reliable IT Support services.

Comment

Originally posted by shinomen View Post
                      I was able to successfully flash my bios with my updated logo and it worked perfectly. I kept the image at 1280x800 even though the program complained about the size and it worked!
                      What size in kB was .jpg did you used. The original logo is 120Kb, so I was wonder if there is a 128Kb limit? Thanks!

Comment

Works.

Thanks a lot.
                        Last edited by Hunter; 05-29-2015, 19:43.

Comment

I downloaded the T03 bios image from here: http://forum.x86pad.com/t/bios-for-t...t02-and-t03/29 and used ChangeLogo_v5 to change the logo. The modified bios image seemed to save ok. But I got the error "Unable to start a secure Flash session" when trying to apply the bios image.

Did I miss something?
                          Last edited by eric@frm; 11-20-2015, 09:21.

Comment

Working...
                          X