Meegopad Android Dual Boot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meegopad Android Dual Boot

Hey guys, I'm new to this forum, so I'd like to say hello and post my first question - I recently bought a Meegopad T01...My coworker (We both work in IT) saw mine and immediently bought his...His came with Android 4.4.4 and Windows 8.1 with a dual boot screen. Pretty sweet....Mine, mine is Windows 8.1 only. I confirmed they were the same BIOS, so I proceeded to Clonezilla his whole disk as an image and apply it to mine...Mine boots into a fresh Windows 8.1, but I don't have the option for Android. There's literally like 10-12 different partitions now that didn't exist before, and are completely similar to his..

My question is, what am I doing wrong? I'd love to be able to run android on mine as I was quite impressed with his unit (GPU, Sound, and WIFI was working OOTB). I have a whole clonezilla image I could package and upload for someone to take a look at to see what I was doing wrong if they are interested.

I'm fairly certian it was running some off version of Android-IA since there was Intel apps/logos built throughout the Android filesystem and app drawer. I've tried the latest android x86 build and it's not similar in performance and functioning hardware abilities.

Perhaps, I'm just doing something wrong? I looked at the newer builds for Android-IA...All UEFI, but with a 64 bit bootloader... I'm not savvy enough with linux at this point to compile an image myself with patched 32bit boot... Wondering if anyone has a fully running version of Android working on their unit they could throw in their $.02.

Thanks!

Joe

Originally posted by smokinjoe2122 View Post
    Hey guys, I'm new to this forum, so I'd like to say hello and post my first question - I recently bought a Meegopad T01...My coworker (We both work in IT) saw mine and immediently bought his...His came with Android 4.4.4 and Windows 8.1 with a dual boot screen. Pretty sweet....Mine, mine is Windows 8.1 only. I confirmed they were the same BIOS, so I proceeded to Clonezilla his whole disk as an image and apply it to mine...Mine boots into a fresh Windows 8.1, but I don't have the option for Android. There's literally like 10-12 different partitions now that didn't exist before, and are completely similar to his..

My question is, what am I doing wrong? I'd love to be able to run android on mine as I was quite impressed with his unit (GPU, Sound, and WIFI was working OOTB). I have a whole clonezilla image I could package and upload for someone to take a look at to see what I was doing wrong if they are interested.

I'm fairly certian it was running some off version of Android-IA since there was Intel apps/logos built throughout the Android filesystem and app drawer. I've tried the latest android x86 build and it's not similar in performance and functioning hardware abilities.

Perhaps, I'm just doing something wrong? I looked at the newer builds for Android-IA...All UEFI, but with a 64 bit bootloader... I'm not savvy enough with linux at this point to compile an image myself with patched 32bit boot... Wondering if anyone has a fully running version of Android working on their unit they could throw in their $.02.

Thanks!

Joe

I'm interested and I'll certainly look at the Clonezilla image if you post it somewhere ...

Comment

:
      I have a whole clonezilla image I could package and upload for someone to take a look at to see what I was doing wrong if they are interested.
      :
      No, you wouldn't http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...446#post427446 of course it also means any kind of backup...

RK3288 Devices
      - Overview BOX (LINK !)
      - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
      UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
      Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
      Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
      Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post

No, you wouldn't http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...446#post427446 of course it also means any kind of backup...

Helping smokinjoe2122 get Android working from his Clonezilla image is going to be pretty difficult without looking at the Clonezilla image. But if by posting the 'backup' on a private location with restricted access for the purposes of support is going to get smokinjoe2122 banned then perhaps his dream of Android is over. Maybe posting Clonezilla images of every partition except the Windows one(s) on a private location with restricted access is the way forward?

Comment

I understand, also that you are interested in it, so what ever you do beside (and not at) the forum is up to you, I'm sure you will find a way to communicte
          BUT, please, no links, which contains windows, at the forum...
          RK3288 Devices
          - Overview BOX (LINK !)
          - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
          UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
          Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
          Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
          Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

I understand the rules and why they are in place. No need to worry about me here, but if I find something to share, I will give some information on the builds.

Comment

I have been in communication with my Amazon vendor...They keep telling me that "new batches" will have the Android image (Along with a fancey bootloader), but they will not provide me with an image. First they tried to get me to buy a new one, but that is not going to happen. I have then verified these new "batches" will not have any hardware changes, so I did prove a point of repurchasing pointless. After pushing them harder (10+ e-mails worth to some chinese vendor), they finally have said there will be an update in "3 weeks" for the MeegoPad for dual boot...The system image will be quite large (Double what they have now) I'll believe that when I see it. Anyways, just an update I'd like to share with everyone. Maybe being first to buy something isn't always the greatest...

Comment

Maybe being first to buy something isn't always the greatest...
                It's true. That's why many people always wait for few months after the release of something before buying it, as the first few batches always have some problems.

I just got myself a Meegopad and it has dual boot with it. The Windows OS is trial version but is clean and doesn't have any crapware.
                Last edited by n3wb13; 04-15-2015, 19:02.

Comment

Have you tried the method in this post [FULL EMMC BACKUP] The NiTRo TeaM - FreakTab.com instead of Clonezilla? It should work on all Intel-based devices; I tested myself on my Meegopad T01 yesterday.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion - I do believe at this point it's a BIOS issue. Clonezilla should copy of the entire image of the EMMC, and replace mine with the copy. There has to be something in the BIOS that is not allowing for Android to load...

Comment

any news about this..?
                      download links for the firmware, etc?

Comment

I will try to get a BIOS dump from my Coworkers pad the next time I see him. He's out in the field a lot so I havent seen him yet.. If anyone else DOES have this ability to dual boot, please let us know. There is an instruct set we can give out to get the BIOS dump.

Comment

Working...
                        X