Dual booting Android and Windows on Meegopad T01

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dual booting Android and Windows on Meegopad T01

The default (Windows only) BIOS that came with the Meegopad T01 has an annoying feature of continuously transmitting a backspace. This means my USB boot image of my 32-bit compilation of Intel's last Android on Intel Platforms doesn't load.

So if you want to try booting Android from USB without flashing the firmware, making any other BIOS modifications or installing any software to the Meegopad T01 device, you'll need to download this image from https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B99...FpMZWkxUDRmWWs and uncompress it and then write it to an 8GB (or larger) USB using either using 'Win32 Disk Imager' on Windows or using 'dd' on Linux.

After powering on the device use F7 to get to the boot menu and select the UEFI USB option. The USB contains an installed Android system which include 'Google Play Store' and 'su' and your files and data will remain available after a reboot.

Thank you for this - I will try when I get home later

Edit: I tried this and as soon as Android updates the files, it powers down my stick...Thoughts?
    Last edited by smokinjoe2122; 04-29-2015, 23:40.

Comment

Originally posted by smokinjoe2122 View Post
      Thank you for this - I will try when I get home later

Edit: I tried this and as soon as Android updates the files, it powers down my stick...Thoughts?

Unfortunately I can't visualise what you describe as I've not seen 'Android updating the files' or a 'power down' on my Meegopad so I don't know quite where to start in diagnosing the issue. The initial boot takes a very long time ... did it look like this video https://youtu.be/S1qVfsljo2w? If not (and after trying a couple of times) what was displayed on the screen or were there any messages or activities seen during the initial boot? Thanks.

Comment

Hi - Envision how Android updates it's cache when you either clear the cache in recovery, or do an update to a system? It basically says updating app 1 out of 10, 2 out of 10, ect....Once it gets to the last application and starts to load the actual GUI system, it shuts down the stick - Which is weird, because instead of actually rebooting it, it shuts it off.

Comment

Originally posted by smokinjoe2122 View Post
          Hi - Envision how Android updates it's cache when you either clear the cache in recovery, or do an update to a system? It basically says updating app 1 out of 10, 2 out of 10, ect....Once it gets to the last application and starts to load the actual GUI system, it shuts down the stick - Which is weird, because instead of actually rebooting it, it shuts it off.

The only things I can think of is either the Meegopad (or its BIOS) is somehow different to mine or perhaps the USB is too slow and this is affecting performance is some way? Did you try this image https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B99...1pzYmowSzZQUFk which is the 'live' USB version and doesn't include Google Play Store ... theoretically this should work and it would be interesting to see if does/doesn't and whether different speed USBs made any difference.

Comment

Hi Linuxium, I did try that build...Used Rufus to copy the image over, GPT partition, all that fun stuff...I did try other Android versions and they did boot after adjusting the 32bit EFI...I'll try the other stuff we were talking about and let you know

Comment

​Hello everyone, can I ask a question on this topic or you want to open a new.
              Today received the device, I have dual booting , "Windows", "Android", if I boot from "windows" everything works fine , if I try boot in with "android" i have a picture appear with a lock, by pressing any key the screen (flashing). There are solutions to this problem or I have something with the device.

Thanks for the help.

Comment

Android is working but no wifi. Is there any solution for MeeGopad T01 wifi

Comment

Working...
                X