Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Switch between Android and Windows

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Switch between Android and Windows

    One of the mods on the minix forum confirmed in a post that it is possible to switch between the two os's

    "It is technically possible to switch from Android to Windows but it is a complicated task and will NOT be encouraged or officially supported by MINIX so please do not ask them questions about it. Please note, switching from Windows to Android means you will lose your copy of Windows"

    http://minixforum.com/threads/new-se...75/#post-34036

    They also confirmed a different bios would be needed but was not clear if it would be publicly released by MINIX themselves. Do you guys think it will be possible to extract the bios from either version of the z64 to allow users to switch if they would like?

    #2
    Yes a different BIOS is needed to go to Android and this is why they say you will loose your Windows!
    The Windows activation key is in the BIOS so when you flash a non-windows BIOS it blows out that key.

    However, using the tool RW Everything, you can in fact write that key area back if you have saved it
    ACPI>MDSM

    Trust I will be playing with this and explaining how to do it.

    Bob
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"





    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by Finless View Post
      Yes a different BIOS is needed to go to Android and this is why they say you will loose your Windows!
      The Windows activation key is in the BIOS so when you flash a non-windows BIOS it blows out that key.

      However, using the tool RW Everything, you can in fact write that key area back if you have saved it
      ACPI>MDSM

      Trust I will be playing with this and explaining how to do it.

      Bob
      or just install bluestack for android emulating. That works on a nuc without problems and with a good speed.

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by Genem View Post
        or just install bluestack for android emulating. That works on a nuc without problems and with a good speed.
        Duos is a good lightweight android emulator, without the Bluestacks bloatware

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by jpearn View Post
          Duos is a good lightweight android emulator, without the Bluestacks bloatware
          Thanks for the Duos link - never heard of that one before, had played around with Bluestacks though.
          Team UX
          http://www.ultimatexbmc.com/

          http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...-ULTIMATE-XBMC

          Comment


            #6
            Android emulators help you have two OS in PC itself. Here are the list of Lightweight Android emulators
            Here are the best lightweight android emulator for PC to run Android apps and games on your desktop. These light android emulators bring anrdroid experience to computers.

            Comment

            Working...
            X