This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First things you should do with your Z64-W

Hi all, so here are some first tips from me on what you should do when you get a Z64-W.

1) First thing is make a recovery disk! Have a USB memory stick, SDcard, etc ready. Plug it into your box and make sure it is recognized and you can see it. It needs to be 8GB at a minimum!
    Go into control panel and click on recovery.
    On this menu click on Create a recovery drive and follow the instructions. Also allow it to backup your recovery partition.
    You can now use this to fully re-image the NAND disk should it ever crash.

2) Do windows update until it is completely done! You may have to run windows update several times to get them all.

3) Now do a System Image backup. This is different than the recovery disk as it backs up all the updates you just did above. You cannot use the same USB stick you used to make a recovery disk. This is because image backup requires a NTFS formatted stick.
    To open System Image Backup
    Open control panel and click on File History.
    In the lower right is system image backup

That's it for now!
    Enjoy.

Bob
    Last edited by Finless; 04-14-2015, 16:13.
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

recovery medium

At the moment it is highly recommended to use the backup-tool by 'The NiTRo TeaM' because the recovery medium doesn't seems to work !!!
    I had done a backup before first boot:

=> but I prefer the manually way http://www.freaktab.com/forum/tv-pla...568#post490568

I had tried different ways to generate the w8.1wB recovery medium:
    Before I activated the w8.1wB, after I activated it and after I updated it... each with a 8GB USB pen and a 8GB SD (Samsung EVO) at a 'Transcend TS-RDF5K'...
    (Search -> 'recovery' -> [Create a recovery drive])
    BTW: of course I checked the [Copy the recovery partition...] and it exists at the medium...

I can do a [Boot Override] at [Save & Exit] at the BIOS and then it starts from the medium where I can find
    - Continue
    - Use a device
    - Turn off your PC
    (btw: all without any text, only the symbols)
    BUT NO "Troubleshoot" ???
    FYI: MINIX seems to want to release a recovery ISO http://minixforum.com/threads/iso-windows-8-1.5071/
    Last edited by no_spam_for_me; 04-19-2015, 12:56.
    RK3288 Devices
    - Overview BOX (LINK !)
    - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
    UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
    Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
    Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
    Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

ok can some1 explain please. what is the best method to back up z64 windows 8.1 finless/nitro team thank you.

Comment

Working...
      X