No announcement yet.

[Z64A ROOT] [THe NiTRo TeaM] . Done!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What firmware version are you running at the moment?

Comment

Originally posted by RaceJay View Post
      What firmware version are you running at the moment?
      Kernel version is 3.10.20

Build 20150413

Comment

Originally posted by paul32 View Post

Kernel version is 3.10.20

Build 20150413
        Same as mine.

I've rooted mine just less than 1 hour ago; rooting successful.

What i've done was pretty much what the author describes;

- Installed the Wifi Adb ( the one with the 'bug' in the icon, made by MetaCtrl ).

- Started the Wifi Adb app, took note of the IP address and port ( although i've just entered the IP, no port ).

- Unzipped the ZIP file on to the desktop, executed the root_z64.bat file.

- Program returned both '0' values, good to proceed to root.

- Program copied the necessary files and set the necessary permissions.

- Procedure ended without errors and was asking to press 'Enter' to reboot the Android box.

- 'Enter' key pressed and all went according to tutorial.

- Noticed the SuperSU app installed among other apps. OK.

- Checked root access with 2 apps, first with the already installed CPU-Z for Android, then with Root Checker. Both returned valid root access.

And that was all.

Comment

Thanks for the reply, but I'm still falling at the second item on your list.
          When I start Wifi ADB, it doesn't give me an IP address to use, but instead, the message that it needs root access to work.

It is the bug icon by MetaCtrl, and for test purposes I also tried it on my Pipo android tablet, where it also doesn't give an IP address, just the same message about needing to be rooted.

I'm at the point of giving up now and returning the Android Z64 and buying the windows version instead.

It's only £5 more, but I really did want to stay with Android for a change.

Comment

Correction !!!

I've just tried it again, and this time the wifi connection was steady, with no constant validating - connecting - validating messages.

When I then ran WifiADB it did show an IP address and a port number.

The whole process then went like clockwork, and I've tested it with root checker, as in the video, and it says all is ok.

Thanks for your help RaceJay, and also the people who placed this on the forum.

I can now set up Samba Server to enable access from a Windows PC, (fingers crossed )

It's amazing that a great little device like the Z64 with Android and Kodi couldn't do Samba server like my crappy Western Digital Live box without all this extra tweaking. Thank the stars for forums like this and the gurus that do all the research and programming.....

Comment

Great to know that you've finally sorted it out
              Keep in mind that, after the almost available update is out in FOTA, you may have to repeat the whole process again ( and also if the MINIX team haven't put a plug on the exploit that ables the rooting process ).
              BTW, you should give it a go at the new 2.1 version of the launcher...
              Last edited by RaceJay; 11-03-2015, 18:57.

Comment

Originally posted by thewanted View Post
                help please cant get this to work need it 4 six axis

I keep getting this when I run the file I am using win8

'adb' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
                operable program or batch file.
                . If ID above says "0" or "root", then you are ready to go, just press enter
                . Si el ID marca "0" o "root" entonces puedes continuar, pulsa enter
                . If otherwise press CTRL + C to cancel
                . Si marca cualquier otra cosa, pulsa CTRL + C para cancelar
                Press any key to continue . . .

thanks for any help
                Dear FreakTab moderators.

I have also bought the Z64A and basically want to root the device so I can use my android mobile as a remote control with one of the apps available, eg remoteIME DroidMote. Unfortunately the new Z64A has removed that ability to control via remote compared to the previous model neo X8 without buying their own A2 light remote controller. I have two old samsung's that I want to use as game controllers. I have tried all the steps described in this forum and keep getting the same error message previously posted by another member ie. adb not recognised. I tried using my home wifi, two different mobiles to tether wifi and thereby changing the IP address that shows on the wifi ADB app and kept getting the same error message adb not recognised. Has anyone got an idea on what else I could try? Many thanks for your help

Comment

I have even tried adjusting developer settings to select Wifi ADB as the debug app in addition to selecting USB debugging

My current firmware version is
                  Kernel version 3.10.20 root@ubuntu #4
                  Build 20150413
                  Android version 4.4.4

Comment

Originally posted by gameaccount
                    I have even tried adjusting developer settings to select Wifi ADB as the debug app in addition to selecting USB debugging

My current firmware version is
                    Kernel version 3.10.20 root@ubuntu #4
                    Build 20150413
                    Android version 4.4.4
                    The OP doesn't mention but you have to install ADB on PC. Have you done that ?
                    if [ $up.post.type = $type.two.lazy.to_use_google ] || [ $up.post.type = $type.silly_question ];
                    then mv $user.contact.up.post /.trash; set response($response.type = ignore);
                    $user.up.post.ignore_in_future = true; fi;

Comment

Thanks, what I have done is re-downloaded the root file and for some reason it just worked second time round. Many thanks for all your help. Im not sure if there is another thread about controlling the android Z64A with a mobile. Despite rooting the Z64A, remoteIME and DroidMote apps from my ASUS zenofne 2 are still not recognising the android box. Bluetooth does not want to pair between the Z64A and the zenfone 2. The only thing to say is my mobile is not rooted. I don't want to root it only to find out that it still doesn't work. Should I just cut the chase and buy a couple of game controllers or has anyone ideas about connecting the two. I think VNC requires a rooted phone to work.

Comment

Hi everyone,
                        Rooting worked great, as instructed.
                        Tried to install XPosed Framework and the system bootlooped. Had to reinstall the rom again
                        Does anyone know how to get XPosed running?

Thanks in Advance.

Comment

Hello can anyone HELP please the link at the top of the page is no longer working show as empty [ https://mega.co.nz/#!NAt3BYhA!Y7bxzo...kniIsRqV3L8AxA ]

Could anyone help point me in the direct of a new link or a site to root my z64 Box please.

Cheers.....

Comment

Working...
                          X