Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Z64A ROOT] [THe NiTRo TeaM] . Done!

Hi guys,

I'm proud to announce this root method for Minix Z64A made by THe NiTRo Team.

Let's go straight to the point!

First of all , download and unzip this file on your windows computer: https://mega.co.nz/#!NAt3BYhA!Y7bxzo...kniIsRqV3L8AxA

After that install Wifi adb on your Z64A ->https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...txapps.wifiadb

Go to Setup->Developer Options and turn on usb debugging

Open wifi adb and write down the ip address.

Now, on your computer, double click on root_z64.bat

The script will ask you to write the ip address you wrote down before

Just follow the script instructions and you are done. Yes, that easy.

Note: If the Z64A doesn't reboot in one minute or so after finishing the script, do it yourself.

Thanks to:

- Freaktab and all the developers!
    - Msx2 from androidpc.es
    - Minix for providing us the Z64A
    - All the guys that support us with coffee! Thanks dudes!

If you like our work and want to contribute, you can buy us a drink

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't...

If you want to buy me a beer, please use this -> https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

N00b question. But will this reset the box? Or just root it and keep all the current data?

Comment

I don't think so, because rooting only means to install a su binary (which have the root rights/privileges) and the APP to manage the access rights of any other app...
      I never heard about a factory reset after rooting a device...
      RK3288 Devices
      - Overview BOX (LINK !)
      - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
      UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
      Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
      Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
      Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

It will not delete data, so nothing will be wiped.
        REMEMBER, YOUR FEEDBACK IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US.
        My devices:
        Minix Neo X7; Minix Neo X8-H , Minix Neo Z64W & Z64 (Sponsored by Minix)
        MK902 & MK902II(Sponsored by RKM)
        Beelink M8B & Beelink R89 (Sponsored by Beelink)
        Tronsmart VEGA S89H (Sponsored by
        Gearbest.com)
        MELE-PCG03 (Sponsored by Gearbest.com) Discount Coupon:MPCG03
        Ainol Intel Z3735 MiniPC(Sponsored by Gearbest.com)
        Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

Hey there. Whenever I try this I get an error. Where it's supposed to give the ID of 0 or root it says "more than one device and emulator"

I am also getting a message in Wifi ADB that the app requires a rooted device... which of course I din't have yet at this point lol

EDIT: I'm an idiot. I had the bluestacks android emulator on my computer running. Closed that and I'm golden.
          Last edited by jawadams; 03-05-2015, 17:31.

Comment

Originally posted by daemonium View Post
            :
            After that install Wifi adb on your Z64A ->https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...txapps.wifiadb
            :
            Does there exists any app which also works via LAN?
            RK3288 Devices
            - Overview BOX (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
            Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
            Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
            Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

there must be some, but i didn't try [emoji14]
              There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't...

If you want to buy me a beer, please use this -> https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

I only found WiFi versions... anyway...

BTW: I'm a bit surprised that this app works at the minix because it needs root?
                (I try to find a way at 5.0 Beta at AW80 but that's another story )
                RK3288 Devices
                - Overview BOX (LINK !)

Comment

help please cant get this to work need it 4 six axis

I keep getting this when I run the file I am using win8

'adb' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
                  operable program or batch file.
                  . If ID above says "0" or "root", then you are ready to go, just press enter
                  . Si el ID marca "0" o "root" entonces puedes continuar, pulsa enter
                  . If otherwise press CTRL + C to cancel
                  . Si marca cualquier otra cosa, pulsa CTRL + C para cancelar
                  Press any key to continue . . .

thanks for any help
                  Last edited by thewanted; 03-22-2015, 08:08.

Comment

When I input the IP do I add the port :5555 or leave it out.?

Help please
                    Originally posted by thewanted View Post
                    I keep getting this when I run the file I am using win8

'adb' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
                    operable program or batch file.
                    . If ID above says "0" or "root", then you are ready to go, just press enter
                    . Si el ID marca "0" o "root" entonces puedes continuar, pulsa enter
                    . If otherwise press CTRL + C to cancel
                    . Si marca cualquier otra cosa, pulsa CTRL + C para cancelar
                    Press any key to continue . . .

thanks for any hepl
                    I TRIED RUNNING THIS ROOT ON WIN8 LAPTOP & PC AND I BORROWED A FRIEND'S WIN7 AND STILL NO JOY

Comment

solved ! Root success

It turned out to be my router so i set my galaxy s4 as an open hotspot different ip came up and boom everything worked in a flash thanks for the root

Comment

Hi,

can anyone pls reupp the rootfiles for the minix z64a

thx

Comment

ich have found the files..

here is a mirror with the rootfiles.
                          Leider konnte Ihre hochgeladene Datei nicht gefunden werden. Laden Sie die Datei neu hoch.

and show this video tutorial. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4rSVoVa6-0

happy rooting

greets

sixxten

Comment

I've just bought a Z64A and I want to root it so that I can run Samba Server with a port that can be seen by windows, (it's to replace a WD Live box that had a default Samba server that worked well, though it had a lot of other annoying faults !)

Finding this thread was therefore quite a relief, thanks to those that created it.

I'm all set, with the necessary files etc.., but I've fallen at the first hurdle with trying to run wifi adb on the box.

I get a message saying it can't run because the wifi is not connected.

It is switched on, and I did give it my router's security key, but the wifi settings app shows the wifi repeatedly verifying and connecting, so I guess that's the problem. I had the same trouble before with an android tablet, and I cured it after a google search, but I'm dammed if I can remember how I did it.

I've been using the Z64 successfully on the web because I use a wired ethernet connection with a fixed IP address, and that was fine.

So the wifi seems to be the problem, I've disconnected the ethernet cable now, but still no luck.

Comment

I've hit another problem.....
                              I thought I'd try running wifi adb on my pipo tablet just to see if it ran ok, and although the wifi connection is steady on that, the wifi adb app says it needs a rooted device in order to run.
                              So I'm stuffed, I can't root without it running it first, and I can't run it without being rooted.
                              Is it possible that the app has been nobbled since these instructions were put on this forum ?

Comment

Working...
                              X