Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

is Minix Z64a any better/worse than NEO X8-H Plus?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is Minix Z64a any better/worse than NEO X8-H Plus?

for XBMC/KODI and using the browser is one of these boxes better? i'm just wondering because i'm ordering a couple but really not sure which one. 4K isn't a big deal. i've watched reviews but still not sure what the difference is or what the purpose of the Minix Z64a is if its very similar to NEO X8- Plus. Thanks.

i should state that they both look excellent but was just wondering if one or the other does anything better.

Comment

If you want to have better performance at e.g. netflix and so on, you should use the windows version....
      RK3288 Devices
      - Overview BOX (LINK !)
      - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
      UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
      Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
      Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
      Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
        If you want to have better performance at e.g. netflix and so on, you should use the windows version....
        i honestly would but i had an injury to my hands 12 years ago and hurts to use a keyboard or remote. gave up computers completely. i can use a ps3 controller on the box i have for browsing and its fairly comfortable but its with "sixaxis" app and i don't think you can use it with the windows version. thanks for the reply though

Comment

hmmmm, I would like to help you but I don't know the "sixaxis" app by dancingpixelstudios and also not how it helps you at your situation...
          But maybe have a look at http://www.motioninjoy.com/download
          or maybe google gives a helpful answer http://www.google.de/search?q=sixaxis+windows

If the Z64A (Android at this intel (Z3735F)) is better than e.g. NEO X8- Plus (S812)???
          I think the Z64A is too new and not so much experiences exists at the moment to give an answer...
          RK3288 Devices
          - Overview BOX (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
          Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
          Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
          Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

hmmmm, I would like to help you but I don't know the "sixaxis" app by dancingpixelstudios and also not how it helps you at your situation... But maybe have a look at http://www.motioninjoy.com/download or maybe google gives a helpful answer http://www.google.de/search?q=sixaxis+windows If the Z64A (Android at this intel (Z3735F)) is better than e.g. NEO X8- Plus (S812)??? I think the Z64A is too new and not so much experiences exists at the moment to give an answer...
            thanks. i'll check out what you suggested

Comment

Hi,

I don't know your budget and I don't know your actual setup...

If you can life with your actual setup you maybe should wait 6 month (I bet this will be the time when the first devices will be release) to get a device with the new Intel Cherry Trail

It will have more GPU power and I think also (a little bit) more CPU power than the Z3735/6...

If windows could be a way and it fits to your budget, why don't you buy this one

or

At the ZOTAC ZBOX nano CI320 maybe Moulin1980 could test something for you, because he also talk about nice Android performance... ????
              RK3288 Devices
              - Overview BOX (LINK !)

Comment

Hi kurt6916, if you want to know something, called me.

Comment

NEO X8- Plus :

I think you do not have DTS.

link : http://www.minixforum.com/threads/dt...-support.2901/

if it is the same SOC that minix X8H, the full HD is perfect.

the codecs H265 and the 4K, are not yet widespread,
                  for me may have to wait 1 or 2 years.
                  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Minix est Z64a :

big AVENTAGE is that you can multi-boot,

android/windows, ... if you have a license windows + bing
                  android/linux,
                  android/kodiBuntu,
                  windows/linux,
                  windows/kodiBuntu,

..., openElec, and others distribution linux.

The apps, are more compatible, i believe.( it's, intel bay trail )

For the full HD video, ask the buyer.
                  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  If you had to choose between these two models, I would take Minix Z64a, unhesitatingly.

Comment

BTW: because of PS3 and sixasix, I remember at the first time at the S802 the PS3 controller also doesn't works via wire (meanwhile fixed), but I don't know if meanwhile it will also works via BT (but had problems because of the BT stack (drivers) by amlogic), so maybe the same problem at the S812????
                    And what's about the Intel devices (at Android)???
                    RK3288 Devices
                    - Overview BOX (LINK !)

Comment

BTW: because of PS3 and sixasix, I remember at the first time at the S802 the PS3 controller also doesn't works via wire (meanwhile fixed), but I don't know if meanwhile it will also works via BT (but had problems because of the BT stack (drivers) by amlogic), so maybe the same problem at the S812????
                      And what's about the Intel devices (at Android)???
                      I can confirm that sixaxis via bluetooth does work on S812 plus (Beelink) but you must use sixaxis 0.8.0 or above, older versions will give you a segmentation fault.Dancingpixelstudios fixed something in the app that was stopping it work with amlogic devices.
                      Please consider making a Donation to freakTab

Comment

Hi, I don't know your budget and I don't know your actual setup... If you can life with your actual setup you maybe should wait 6 month (I bet this will be the time when the first devices will be release) to get a device with the new Intel Cherry Trail http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2015/...s-for-tablets/ It will have more GPU power and I think also (a little bit) more CPU power than the Z3735/6... If windows could be a way and it fits to your budget, why don't you buy this one http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...ther-bay-trail or http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.php?22456-HP-mini-PC At the ZOTAC ZBOX nano CI320 maybe Moulin1980 could test something for you, because he also talk about nice Android performance... ????
                        i'll read about the ZOTAC ZBOX and HP mini PC because i don't know much about them. thanks for all your help
                        Originally posted by Moulin1980 View Post
                        NEO X8- Plus : I think you do not have DTS. link : http://www.minixforum.com/threads/dt...-support.2901/ if it is the same SOC that minix X8H, the full HD is perfect. the codecs H265 and the 4K, are not yet widespread, for me may have to wait 1 or 2 years. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Minix est Z64a : big AVENTAGE is that you can multi-boot, android/windows, ... if you have a license windows + bing android/linux, android/kodiBuntu, windows/linux, windows/kodiBuntu, ..., openElec, and others distribution linux. The apps, are more compatible, i believe.( it's, intel bay trail ) For the full HD video, ask the buyer. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- If you had to choose between these two models, I would take Minix Z64a, unhesitatingly.
                        yeah the Minix Z64a looks pretty good. i'm gonna read a little about it and some other devices and if i have any questions i'll ask if you don't mind. thanks for the info
                        BTW: because of PS3 and sixasix, I remember at the first time at the S802 the PS3 controller also doesn't works via wire (meanwhile fixed), but I don't know if meanwhile it will also works via BT (but had problems because of the BT stack (drivers) by amlogic), so maybe the same problem at the S812???? And what's about the Intel devices (at Android)???
                        the PS3 sixaxis works perfect on my sisters Probox2. works great on browser to because you can use it as a mouse. i read it works on Tronsmart draco and Minix x8-H plus also

Comment

Originally posted by blinkone View Post
                          I can confirm that sixaxis via bluetooth does work on S812 plus (Beelink) but you must use sixaxis 0.8.0 or above, older versions will give you a segmentation fault.Dancingpixelstudios fixed something in the app that was stopping it work with amlogic devices.
                          thats good. i should check out if PS4 controller works on any android boxes

Comment

To come back to the original questions: is there a performance difference between de Minix Z64A and the X8-H Plus?

I'm considering to buy one of these android TV boxes but I'm not yet sure which of the 2 I should get. Maybe the 4K capabilities could make me chose the X8-H Plus, although I don't watch 4K content (yet).

Comment

Originally posted by Moulin1980 View Post
                              NEO X8- Plus :

I think you do not have DTS.

link : http://www.minixforum.com/threads/dt...-support.2901/

if it is the same SOC that minix X8H, the full HD is perfect.

the codecs H265 and the 4K, are not yet widespread,
                              for me may have to wait 1 or 2 years.
                              Minix est Z64a :

big AVENTAGE is that you can multi-boot,

android/windows, ... if you have a license windows + bing
                              android/linux,
                              android/kodiBuntu,
                              windows/linux,
                              windows/kodiBuntu,

..., openElec, and others distribution linux.

The apps, are more compatible, i believe.( it's, intel bay trail )

For the full HD video, ask the buyer.
                              If you had to choose between these two models, I would take Minix Z64a, unhesitatingly.
                              Not to contest what you are saying (as a senior member I'm sure you know your stuff). I'm new to this box and just spent some time reading about ppl trying to get other OS's to boot. I might have misunderstood what I read but I took from it that they are currently at the point of being stuck due to some limitation stipulated by the bios on the chip in this hardware.

Unless of course... They are meaning... to boot either OS a, or b, directly from the built in emmc ? --when you say that it IS possible to dual boot, presumably you mean... the 8.1 bing OS stays on the emmc, and you can boot into smoother OS by loading it off an external HDD/SD card?

Comment

Working...
                              X