I think it´s broken

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it´s broken

After fiddling in the BIOS I probably broke my Z64A.
    Screen stays black and blue light is on.

Disconnected the batt. but that did not reset the bios.

Anyone any idea?

Can I flash a new BIOS?

Originally posted by moongate View Post

Anyone any idea?

Can I flash a new BIOS?
    Dont know of any avail method to flash a bios to these devices other then to use an SPI programmer, and with those at least in my tests using the bus pirate the bios chips are not probable/readable/writeable.

Comment

Can't you enter in Bios using esc or del key?
      Check your HDMI cable, as far I know from bios you can delete the emmc but not the bios itself
      REMEMBER, YOUR FEEDBACK IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US.
      My devices:
      Minix Neo X7; Minix Neo X8-H , Minix Neo Z64W & Z64 (Sponsored by Minix)
      MK902 & MK902II(Sponsored by RKM)
      Beelink M8B & Beelink R89 (Sponsored by Beelink)
      Tronsmart VEGA S89H (Sponsored by
      Gearbest.com)
      MELE-PCG03 (Sponsored by Gearbest.com) Discount Coupon:MPCG03
      Ainol Intel Z3735 MiniPC(Sponsored by Gearbest.com)
      Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

Anyone any idea?

Can I flash a new BIOS?
        Nope screen stays dark. But can someone guide me? Like write down the steps how to get the default settings from the BIOS?

Like this:

start z64
        press DEL
        press F3
        press F4

I guess I'm missing some acknoledge steps? If it's even possible to get default settings back?

Comment

How I reset the 'bios' of my minix Z64 Windows version (I had also black screen problem):
          At the bottom of the Minix, there is a small reset hole.
          By pushing it in a few seconds (with needle), my bios stood back on default settings.
          I hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Schumpi View Post
            How I reset the 'bios' of my minix Z64 Windows version (I had also black screen problem):
            At the bottom of the Minix, there is a small reset hole.
            By pushing it in a few seconds (with needle), my bios stood back on default settings.
            I hope this helps.
            Tried it, did not work. Thanks for the tip!

Comment

Originally posted by leolas View Post
              Can't you enter in Bios using esc or del key?
              Check your HDMI cable, as far I know from bios you can delete the emmc but not the bios itself
              Did you tried it?
              My devices:
              Gearbest.com)
              Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

Did you tried it?

I tried to get into the bios with ESC or DEL both with no luck e.g. the screen stays black also tried 3 hdmi cables without any luck.

Probably the only way for me is to try it blind but then someone has to show me the steps I need to set the bios to it's defaults.

Sorry mate!

Comment

I tried to get into the bios with ESC or DEL both with no luck e.g. the screen stays black also tried 3 hdmi cables without any luck.

Probably the only way for me is to try it blind but then someone has to show me the steps I need to set the bios to it's defaults.

Sorry mate!
                  Can you try the box with other screen or TV? Your problem seems exactly the same that I had, I thought that it was a BIOS problem too, because I was dealing with the bios last time I powered ok the device, but it didn't, It was a Incorrect HDMI output EDID problem, and change the HDMI cable didn't work for me too.
                  I read in some forums that power off completely the screen(TV) can solve the problem, and it worked for me, please if you can power off completely and disconnect all hdmi devices from your screen or TV, disconnect the power cable from AC too, wait 10-15 minutes or so with all cables disconnected , then connect power plug to AC and power on the TV, power it off again, then connect the Z64 HDMI to the TV, power on and see if it works.It worked for me.
                  I had this problem too with an rk31 device, but that time it was only a problem with sound, and to fix it I made the same.
                  My devices:
                  Gearbest.com)

Comment

Can you try the box with other screen or TV? Your problem seems exactly the same that I had, I thought that it was a BIOS problem too, because I was dealing with the bios last time I powered ok the device, but it didn't, It was a Incorrect HDMI output EDID problem, and change the HDMI cable didn't work for me too.
                    I read in some forums that power off completely the screen(TV) can solve the problem, and it worked for me, please if you can power off completely and disconnect all hdmi devices from your screen or TV, disconnect the power cable from AC too, wait 10-15 minutes or so with all cables disconnected , then connect power plug to AC and power on the TV, power it off again, then connect the Z64 HDMI to the TV, power on and see if it works.It worked for me.
                    I had this problem too with an rk31 device, but that time it was only a problem with sound, and to fix it I made the same.
                    Leolas, trying your method now. I will let you know if it works!

Comment

Leolas, trying your method now. I will let you know if it works!
                      Oke, tried two tv's both stay black. I guess this machine is really bricked.

Thanks for all the help!

Comment

Then sorry without bios access I don't know how help
                        My devices:
                        Gearbest.com)

Comment

Then sorry without bios access I don't know how help
                          No worries mate! Meaby some day someone will have a solution.

Thnx for your help!

Comment

Working...
                          X