This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by alwaysbless View Post
    I tried this with 3 different microsd cards and my box kept giving 'ERROR 1: MICROSD IS NOT PRESENT' even though all of the cards are recognized in android and windows.
    try this:
    remove all partitions on the sdcard
    make one unique fat32 partition on the sdcard.
    boot z64 with the usb pendrive and sdcard in.
    There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't...

If you want to buy me a beer, please use this -> https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

I ordered the z64 android version and got the box today and was pretty excited to play around to flash my windows 8,1 pro copy into it but to my surprise they have delivered the windows version instead. I double check my order and yes they are wrong.

Does anyone knows an android backup copy available for download yet?

Comment

Here you will find the 64bit UEFI BIOS

and here you will find the Android

but the 64bit UEFI BIOS seems to work only with 8 and not 8.1...
        RK3288 Devices
        - Overview BOX (LINK !)
        - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
        UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
        Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
        Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
        Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
          Here you will find the 64bit UEFI BIOS

and here you will find the Android

but the 64bit UEFI BIOS seems to work only with 8 and not 8.1...
          thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by daemonium View Post
            try this:
            remove all partitions on the sdcard
            make one unique fat32 partition on the sdcard.
            boot z64 with the usb pendrive and sdcard in.
            Ive tried FAT32 and NTFS, formatting through my mac / windows and inserting microsd before and after boot. This thing really just doesnt want to see my sdcards for some reason......

Comment

Originally posted by alwaysbless View Post
              Ive tried FAT32 and NTFS, formatting through my mac / windows and inserting microsd before and after boot. This thing really just doesnt want to see my sdcards for some reason......
              it's pretty weird. Let me assist a bit more.
              Boot with sdcard and usb pendrive in, select advanced instead of basic. you will boot to a graphic environment and gparted will open up automatically.
              check with gparted if /dev/mmcblk1 exists.
              You can also do a "ls /dev/mmc*" in a terminal and paste the results here.
              Also, you can provide useful info by executing "sudo dmesg > dmesg.txt" in a terminal and sending/uploading the dmesg.txt file.
              There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't...

If you want to buy me a beer, please use this -> https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

Boot with sdcard and usb pendrive in, select advanced instead of basic. you will boot to a graphic environment and gparted will open up automatically.
                Also, you can provide useful info by executing "sudo dmesg > dmesg.txt" in a terminal and sending/uploading the dmesg.txt file.
                Nope it does not. I can however seen /dev/mmcblk0p1 - 64mb - /dev/mmcblk0p2 MS Reserved and /dev/mmclk0p3

When I did ls my results were blk0, blk0boot0, blk0boot1, blk0rpmb and the 3 mentioned above again.

I pulled the dmesg for u and its attached
                Attached Files

Comment

same problem for me. only 2 storage devices detected and there's no /dev/mmcblk1. Not able to export the info you need atm coz I can't get wireless connection to work and I don't have LAN connection available as I;m using neighbor's wifi, .

Comment

I used clonezilla as alternative and noticed that the same sdcard I used is still not detected and therefore it's not an issue with the backup tool. Good thing about clonezilla is that I can use the same bootable disk or to another pendrive to save the emmc drive image. It would be good this option can be available with the tool

Comment

I have not messed with this on the Z64 but on the Pipo X7, the BIOS cannot see or read SDcards! It can only see and read USB thumb drives. In other words you cannot boot from SD or use it at BIOS level.
                      BIOS does not seem to support SDcards because no drivers is what I am guessing?

Bob
                      "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                      "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                      "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                      "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                      "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                      "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                      "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                      "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                      "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                        I have not messed with this on the Z64 but on the Pipo X7, the BIOS cannot see or read SDcards! It can only see and read USB thumb drives. In other words you cannot boot from SD or use it at BIOS level.
                        BIOS does not seem to support SDcards because no drivers is what I am guessing?

Bob
                        Sounds like this may need to be changed to write to usb instead of sdcard, which also means a USB hub will be required since these boxes only have 2 usb ports and 1 is need for controlling and 1 for booting into the tool

Comment

Yes, but I think it's a misunderstanding... you boot from USB and you need the SD to write to / read from...
                          RK3288 Devices
                          - Overview BOX (LINK !)
                          - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                          UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
                          Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                          Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                          Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

I was able to do a full eMMC backup of my Z64A. I used a brand new Sandisk Ultra Plus micro sd card and didn't have any problem at all the first time. The backup was taken right after a factory reset and the image size was only 1GB. I have not tried to restore the backup. I hope it has everything!

When I tried to do the backup again after deleting the first backup image, I ran into problem. I kept getting the error message that the microsd card does not have enough space which wasn't true. It was a 32GB card and was completely empty. I tried formatting the card in Windows and OS X, but nothing worked. It either said not enough space or gave an IO error. It finally worked when I booted into advanced mode and used GParted to format the card (after couple of tries).

Comment

Originally posted by WeK05 View Post
                              I was able to do a full eMMC backup of my Z64A. I used a brand new Sandisk Ultra Plus micro sd card and didn't have any problem at all the first time. The backup was taken right after a factory reset and the image size was only 1GB. I have not tried to restore the backup. I hope it has everything!

When I tried to do the backup again after deleting the first backup image, I ran into problem. I kept getting the error message that the microsd card does not have enough space which wasn't true. It was a 32GB card and was completely empty. I tried formatting the card in Windows and OS X, but nothing worked. It either said not enough space or gave an IO error. It finally worked when I booted into advanced mode and used GParted to format the card (after couple of tries).
                              thanks for the feedback, i will have a look at this. I'm working on a v2 with graphic dialogs so all the work will be done from the advanced option.

Comment

Originally posted by WeK05 View Post

Ill give this a try later thx for the headsup

Comment

Working...
                                X