X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

other devices

Hello.

Is it possible to use this tool with another intel devices ? it boots (with some kernel error messages) in my chuwi v89 but not detected microsd from basic menu entry. Otherwise if I select advanced I can see the microsd from gparted as mmc1, mmc0 is the builtin emmc with lots of partitions (its a dualOS version). Some of this partitions are showed as not clean (not sure about why) llike recovery fastboot partitions (perhaps are dummy partitions for compatibility reasons)

I wonder if some can post the terminal commands used to backup the entire mmc to be able to use from the advanced option.

Comment

Originally posted by pepelillo View Post
      Hello.

Is it possible to use this tool with another intel devices ? it boots (with some kernel error messages) in my chuwi v89 but not detected microsd from basic menu entry. Otherwise if I select advanced I can see the microsd from gparted as mmc1, mmc0 is the builtin emmc with lots of partitions (its a dualOS version). Some of this partitions are showed as not clean (not sure about why) llike recovery fastboot partitions (perhaps are dummy partitions for compatibility reasons)

I wonder if some can post the terminal commands used to backup the entire mmc to be able to use from the advanced option.
      Yes you can use it in any intel device with x64 or x32 BIOS, but you must insert the command in Terminal manually.
      Once you select advanced in the first menu, you will log in a basic xserver, and gparted and a Root Terminal windows will be launched.
      Once the device boots you can remove safely the live usb and insert your backup destination device, a usb memory or sdcard.
      First you must mount your destination device with:
      Code:
      mount /dev/[B]sdz4[/B] mnt/
      sdz4 is an example, it must match with your destination backup device.
      To backup:
      Code:
      dd if=/dev/[B]mmcblk0[/B] bs=512 | pv | pigz --best > mnt/[B]fullbackup.gz
      [/B]md5sum mnt/[B]fullbackup.gz[/B] > mnt/[B]fullbackup.md5[/B]
      mmcblk0 is the device you want to be backup
      fullbackup.gz is the file where you will keep the backup
      The second line is to make a md5sum of the destination backup file, we recommend to use it to ensure the file is not corrupted from the backup to the restore process.
      Remember that in the destination device you will need a lot of free space, we use pigz because is a multicore command line compressor.
      To restore:
      You must mount the device where you have the backup file just like we did when we made the backup, then:
      Code:
      md5sum -c mnt/fullbackup.md5
      pigz -dkc mnt/[B]fullbackup.gz[/B] | pv | dd of=/dev/[B]mmcblk0[/B] bs=512
      After the md5sum line you must got a valid check
      mmcblk0 is the device you want to be restored
      fullbackup.gz is the file where you did the backup

pv is only to check the process is not stuck.

Please make all the steps with care, and identify your devices right. The process will last a lot of time if the internal memory has a lot of space used. So wait patiently to the process ends.

Please use this with care and knowing what are you doing, you can brick the device if you miss something.
      Last edited by leolas; 04-01-2015, 06:00.
      REMEMBER, YOUR FEEDBACK IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US.
      My devices:
      Minix Neo X7; Minix Neo X8-H , Minix Neo Z64W & Z64 (Sponsored by Minix)
      MK902 & MK902II(Sponsored by RKM)
      Beelink M8B & Beelink R89 (Sponsored by Beelink)
      Tronsmart VEGA S89H (Sponsored by
      Gearbest.com)
      MELE-PCG03 (Sponsored by Gearbest.com) Discount Coupon:MPCG03
      Ainol Intel Z3735 MiniPC(Sponsored by Gearbest.com)
      Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

THX
        RK3288 Devices
        - Overview BOX (LINK !)
        - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
        UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
        Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
        Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
        Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Thanks a lot

I've been researching in gparted live info and I was about using partclone or partimage as are part of gparted live, but this is more simple does someone has other experience with partclone or partimage?

Originally posted by leolas View Post
          Yes you can use it in any intel device with x64 or x32 BIOS, but you must insert the command in Terminal manually.
          Once you select advanced in the first menu, you will log in a basic xserver, and gparted and a Root Terminal windows will be launched.
          Once the device boots you can remove safely the live usb and insert your backup destination device, a usb memory or sdcard.
          First you must mount your destination device with:
          Code:
          mount /dev/[B]sdz4[/B] mnt/
          sdz4 is an example, it must match with your destination backup device.
          To backup:
          Code:
          dd if=/dev/[B]mmcblk0[/B] bs=512 | pv | pigz --best > mnt/[B]fullbackup.gz
          [/B]md5sum mnt/[B]fullbackup.gz[/B] > mnt/[B]fullbackup.md5[/B]
          mmcblk0 is the device you want to be backup
          fullbackup.gz is the file where you will keep the backup
          The second line is to make a md5sum of the destination backup file, we recommend to use it to ensure the file is not corrupted from the backup to the restore process.
          Remember that in the destination device you will need a lot of free space, we use pigz because is a multicore command line compressor.
          To restore:
          You must mount the device where you have the backup file just like we did when we made the backup, then:
          Code:
          md5sum -c $HOME/mnt/fullbackup.md5
          pigz -dkc mnt/[B]fullbackup.gz[/B] | pv | dd of=/dev/[B]mmcblk0[/B] bs=512
          After the md5sum line you must got a valid check
          mmcblk0 is the device you want to be restored
          fullbackup.gz is the file where you did the backup

pv is only to check the process is not stuck.

Please make all the steps with care, and identify your devices right. The process will last a lot of time if the internal memory has a lot of space used. So wait patiently to the process ends.

Please use this with care and knowing what are you doing, you can brick the device if you miss something.

Comment

Originally posted by pepelillo View Post
            Thanks a lot

I've been researching in gparted live info and I was about using partclone or partimage as are part of gparted live, but this is more simple does someone has other experience with partclone or partimage?
            I have no experience with them, sorry
            But to make a full backup you need to copy all the device emmc, not only the individual partitions, (I want to say you need to full backup mmcblk0, inside are the mmcblk0p1; mmcblk0p2; etc...) because with this way you will keep the partitions table too and the gpt structure.
            Other important tip, with gparted live cd or this one modified by the team, you can got eth working, no wifi sorry, you only need to configure the eth connection and you can install any debian package with apt-get install. Remember that it doesn't have any persistence, so you will need to install it if you want after each reboot.
            My devices:
            Gearbest.com)
            Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

Originally posted by daemonium View Post
              it's pretty weird. Let me assist a bit more.
              Boot with sdcard and usb pendrive in, select advanced instead of basic. you will boot to a graphic environment and gparted will open up automatically.
              check with gparted if /dev/mmcblk1 exists.
              You can also do a "ls /dev/mmc*" in a terminal and paste the results here.
              Also, you can provide useful info by executing "sudo dmesg > dmesg.txt" in a terminal and sending/uploading the dmesg.txt file.
              Did that dmesg help at all?

Comment

Originally posted by alwaysbless View Post
                Did that dmesg help at all?
                nope, but from your last answer i can say your sdcard is not detected by the system. Gparted must show mmcblk1 if the sdcard is present. if it's possible try another sdcard.
                There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't...

If you want to buy me a beer, please use this -> https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

nope, but from your last answer i can say your sdcard is not detected by the system. Gparted must show mmcblk1 if the sdcard is present. if it's possible try another sdcard.
                  I have now tried 4 and like mentioned earlier they are all detected in windows =/. Its a shame this tool seemed to be promising too but thx for the try anyways!

Comment

I have now tried 4 and like mentioned earlier they are all detected in windows =/. Its a shame this tool seemed to be promising too but thx f'or the try anyways!
                    for what device are you trying to use the tool? for the Pipo x7? did you uploaded? the dmesg.txt file? I re-readed the the thread but I cant find the info.

EDITED: sorry I just saw the dmesg.txt studing it
                    My devices:
                    Gearbest.com)

Comment

Sorry but I cant find any reference to mmcblk1 was inserted
                      What device did you use? z64? I tried in my z64 with all differents sdcards I have in my home and all of them are detected (class 4; class 6 and class 10 sdcards)
                      My devices:
                      Gearbest.com)

Comment

Sorry but I cant find any reference to mmcblk1 was inserted
                        What device did you use? z64? I tried in my z64 with all differents sdcards I have in my home and all of them are detected (class 4; class 6 and class 10 sdcards)
                        Yea it was the z64 - its possible that the bios flash from android to windows has somehow made the sdcard non detectable in the bios. That's the only I can think of since they work in windows and on other machines. I'll try reflasing the the official bios minox posted earlier and see if that helps.

Comment

Yea it was the z64 - its possible that the bios flash from android to windows has somehow made the sdcard non detectable in the bios. That's the only I can think of since they work in windows and on other machines. I'll try reflasing the the official bios minox posted earlier and see if that helps.
                          its very strange, are you familiarized with linux? you can try to use gparted to see if your sdcard is detected from there or try to use a different medium like an usb memory following this guide:http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...l=1#post293935
                          Once the device boots, you can remove safely the usb with the utility, because the system is loaded to RAM. So no hub is needed
                          My devices:
                          Gearbest.com)

Comment

its very strange, are you familiarized with linux? you can try to use gparted to see if your sdcard is detected from there or try to use a different medium like an usb memory following this guide:http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...l=1#post293935
                            Once the device boots, you can remove safely the usb with the utility, because the system is loaded to RAM. So no hub is needed
                            mate, i asked him to look in gparted and he did it, just read some posts before. Gparted doesn't show the sdcard. it's really weird.
                            There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't...

If you want to buy me a beer, please use this -> https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

mate, i asked him to look in gparted and he did it, just read some posts before. Gparted doesn't show the sdcard. it's really weird.
                              Sorry mate, I loose that post
                              Wtf I am starting to hate Tapatalk :/
                              My devices:
                              Gearbest.com)

Comment

Sorry mate, I loose that post
                                Wtf I am starting to hate Tapatalk :/
                                you are getting old xD

Comment

Working...
                                X