X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It worked perfectly.

Thanks

Originally posted by leolas View Post
    Yes you can use it in any intel device with x64 or x32 BIOS, but you must insert the command in Terminal manually.
    Once you select advanced in the first menu, you will log in a basic xserver, and gparted and a Root Terminal windows will be launched.
    Once the device boots you can remove safely the live usb and insert your backup destination device, a usb memory or sdcard.
    First you must mount your destination device with:
    Code:
    mount /dev/[B]sdz4[/B] mnt/
    sdz4 is an example, it must match with your destination backup device.
    To backup:
    Code:
    dd if=/dev/[B]mmcblk0[/B] bs=512 | pv | pigz --best > mnt/[B]fullbackup.gz
    [/B]md5sum mnt/[B]fullbackup.gz[/B] > mnt/[B]fullbackup.md5[/B]
    mmcblk0 is the device you want to be backup
    fullbackup.gz is the file where you will keep the backup
    The second line is to make a md5sum of the destination backup file, we recommend to use it to ensure the file is not corrupted from the backup to the restore process.
    Remember that in the destination device you will need a lot of free space, we use pigz because is a multicore command line compressor.
    To restore:
    You must mount the device where you have the backup file just like we did when we made the backup, then:
    Code:
    md5sum -c $HOME/mnt/fullbackup.md5
    pigz -dkc mnt/[B]fullbackup.gz[/B] | pv | dd of=/dev/[B]mmcblk0[/B] bs=512
    After the md5sum line you must got a valid check
    mmcblk0 is the device you want to be restored
    fullbackup.gz is the file where you did the backup

pv is only to check the process is not stuck.

Please make all the steps with care, and identify your devices right. The process will last a lot of time if the internal memory has a lot of space used. So wait patiently to the process ends.

Please use this with care and knowing what are you doing, you can brick the device if you miss something.

Comment

Originally posted by pepelillo View Post
      It worked perfectly.

Thanks
      Great!
      REMEMBER, YOUR FEEDBACK IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US.
      My devices:
      Minix Neo X7; Minix Neo X8-H , Minix Neo Z64W & Z64 (Sponsored by Minix)
      MK902 & MK902II(Sponsored by RKM)
      Beelink M8B & Beelink R89 (Sponsored by Beelink)
      Tronsmart VEGA S89H (Sponsored by
      Gearbest.com)
      MELE-PCG03 (Sponsored by Gearbest.com) Discount Coupon:MPCG03
      Ainol Intel Z3735 MiniPC(Sponsored by Gearbest.com)
      Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

At Rufus
        [MBR partition scheme for BIOS or UEFI computers]
        also works...

At "2. ADVANCED (Start a X server so you can do all manually"
        - The mouse (of my Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16') only works at the second USB port (the posterior connection). If I connect the dongle at the first USB port (the anterior connection) I only have it working for a short moment...
        - My SD (Samsung EVO) wouldn't recognize (also no action at dmesg).

I used "2. ADVANCED (Start a X server so you can do all manually" because I like the idea of using dd and so on to do my backups (have a look at post #32) but I handle it a little bit different...

First I use
        Code:
        lsblk
        to find out which device/partition I want to mount...
        Code:
        mount /dev/[I]<xxxx> [/I]/mnt
        also I'm using a / in front of mnt because I'm not at the root at that moment...

After that I'm changing into /mnt because the md5sum writes also the filename into the output file and do my work
        Code:
        cd /mnt
        dd if=/dev/mmcblk0 bs=512 | pv | pigz --best > fullbackup.gz
        md5sum fullbackup.gz > fullbackup.gz.md5
        (needs ~ 10 minutes with the EVO at Transcend TS-RDF5K)
        BTW: if you later want to rename the fullbackup.gz you also have to edit the fullbackup.gz.md5 with e.g. notepad++ (because it also contains the filename)...

To restore
        Code:
        cd /mnt
        md5sum -c fullbackup.gz.md5
        pigz -dkc fullbackup.gz | pv | dd of=/dev/mmcblk0 bs=512
        (needs ~ 40 minutes with the EVO at Transcend TS-RDF5K and I don't think it's because of the EVO but because of the internal eMMC)

Tip: copy the commands to a text-file (e.g. c.txt) and place it at your backup-medium so you can do a copy and past after you had mount the medium and done a
        Code:
        cat /mnt/c.txt
        Last but not least, after you have done your work, a
        Code:
        reboot
        do the rest
        RK3288 Devices
        - Overview BOX (LINK !)
        - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
        UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
        Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
        Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
        Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Rigth, I posted a $HOME in my md5sum -c code line error, corrected now.
          My devices:
          Gearbest.com)
          Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

Does the automatic restore (1: Basic > 2: Restore emmc) also completely replace the EFI System Partition? And therefore fix problems with bootmanger and slow boot? (assuming I have a backup which was clean an running smoothly)

I canĀ“t test since my microSD cards seem to be damaged...

Comment

Interested to see if in v2, now that minix have released the bios for both android and windows versions that there could be something to make v2 a one stop shop from back/restore to converting the z64a to w and vice versa?

Comment

Originally posted by danfozzy View Post
                Interested to see if in v2, now that minix have released the bios for both android and windows versions that there could be something to make v2 a one stop shop from back/restore to converting the z64a to w and vice versa?
                It can be done using the ami flash tool for linux, but for security risk I think we must not do that, please take care because change BIOS is a very risky task, I think is better to change the BIOS process apart, using the tool provided by Ken (minix official) or the one provided by Lifeforce. Both tools use the uefi shell to change the bios, and from uefi shell you are sure that there is no other task in the background that can break the process.
                My devices:
                Gearbest.com)

Comment

... I think is better to change the BIOS process apart, using the tool provided by Ken (minix official) or the one provided by Lifeforce. Both tools use the uefi shell to change the bios, and from uefi shell you are sure that there is no other task in the background that can break the process.
                  +1
                  Last but not least, you can use the backup tool at every intel device, but what will happen if someone try to use it at a non MINIX? (Believe me, you will find someone who will try it )
                  RK3288 Devices
                  - Overview BOX (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                  Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                  Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                  Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post

+1
                    Last but not least, you can use the backup tool at every intel device, but what will happen if someone try to use it at a non MINIX? (Believe me, you will find someone who will try it )
                    +1000
                    We (TNT) cant check the tool in other devices (we dont own them) but we think the tool can be used in other intel devices too, flash bios between different devices could result in a perma-brick. MINIX Neo z64w and Z64 Android are internally exactly the same device (same hardware only BIOS is different).
                    My devices:
                    Gearbest.com)

Comment

Hi, how can i know which partition to backup??

Comment

Originally posted by zeevg

Hi, how can i know which partition to backup??
                        all of them.
                        There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't...

If you want to buy me a beer, please use this -> https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

Originally posted by daemonium View Post
                          all of them.
                          Thanks daemonium !

just one more thing i don't understand:

lsblk
                          // <- shows me i want to backup mmcblk0

mount /dev/mmcblk0 /mnt
                          // <- so the partition i want to backup will be mounted

cd /mnt dd if=/dev/mmcblk0 bs=512 | pv | pigz --best > fullbackup.gz md5sum fullbackup.gz > fullbackup.gz.md5

// <- the destination path of the backup file is the same ?
                          // i need the destination of the backup file to be a USB storage

// so i should write:

"biggerStoragePath/fullbackup.gz md5sum fullbackup.gz > biggerStoragePath/fullbackup.gz.md5 ???

Thanks for the help !!!
                          Last edited by zeevg; 04-20-2015, 09:21.

Comment

NO, you don't have to mount the source (the mmcblk0) but you have to mount the device_partition where you want to place the backup-file to (at your picture the /dev/sda1)...
                            You only have to use my statements (copy&paste)

BTW: mmcblk0 isn't a partition but the whole device (here the internal eMMC which you want to backup) to a file at another device_partition (here the sda1)...
                            RK3288 Devices
                            - Overview BOX (LINK !)

Comment

To backup:
                              Code:
                              dd if=/dev/[B]mmcblk0[/B] bs=512 | pv | pigz --best > mnt/[B]fullbackup.gz[/B]
                              md5sum mnt/[B]fullbackup.gz[/B] > mnt/[B]fullbackup.md5[/B]
                              I'm trying this on my Meegopad T01 and it's running by now.

However I think that the mnt/ should be changed to /mnt/ as for me the first command gave a "no such file or directory" error message.

I used these commands to delete the pagefile and hiberfil files before backing up
                              Code:
                              mkdir -p /mnt/win
                              mount -t ntfs -rw /dev/mmcblk0p17 /mnt/win
                              umount /mnt/win
                              Last edited by n3wb13; 04-20-2015, 17:13.

Comment

Worked perfectly in my Chuwi v89 and in my pipo X7, but not in my Chuwi vx8 3g. It boot till the first screen but after pressing enter the second screen is not showed at all (I cannot select the advanced method). Any Ideas?

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X