Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey guys wondering if anyone could help me out. I am trying to clone the emmc of one minix z64a by backing up the emmc with the nitroteams backup/restore program then restoring the emmc on the new box. I have succesfully done this one time. But it wasnt smooth the first time took a lot of attempts but it did work. Now I am trying to repeat the process a couple months later with no luck. I can succesfully back up with emmc to the microsd card. I get 2 files on the sdcard fullbackup.gz 10Gbs and fullbackup.md5 0Gbs. When I try to restore the backup to the new box I get an error saying check sum no back up found???? Does anyone know what is wrong here???? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Thank you very much.

Is very useful. I did a backup of my ainol minipc and after restored and all went ok

Comment

I plan on getting my z64 w tomorrow and would like to make a back up with the nitroteam program but the ISO link is dead. Where can I find it? Thanks!

Comment

The iso link is broken

Comment

Hi here,

does this software also work on other devices that use an eMMC?

I am looking for a backup-software for my X205TA aka F205TA.
            It has a microSD slot and 2 USB ports.
            Installed is Win8.1-Bing.
            There is one recovery-partition and one system-partition.
            Both seem to be encripted by windows.
            Full-Backup-attempts using Windows & ASUS & Acronis-True-Image Backup-Software didn't work.

Greetings
            xxx

Comment

Originally posted by daemonium View Post

Steps

1. Download this ISO

I can't download ISO file. Please upload it agian!

Comment

Iso uploaded and link updated
                There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't...

If you want to buy me a beer, please use this -> https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

Not sure if I'm in the right place but here it goes! Had my z64w for a month now and everything was running smoothly until yesterday 😩
                  Basically I switched it on and it's stuck in an automatic repair loop which I haven't got a clue how to get out of,I can enter bios but there's nothing in there to factory reset from etc can anyone help please? Feel like I'm banging my head against a brick wall

Comment

i can not get my z64a to backup it goes through the motions
                    and looks like it's going to back up but doesn't the percentage stays at 0
                    and on the SD card is a folder with Android on it
                    not the two folders that should be on there
                    it's showing there is a lot of errors when it's loading from the USB stick in the list
                    could the problem be because I have the box rooted
                    do I have to unroot the box to get this to work or should it work rooted

Comment

can't see the sdcard even on Gparted , and it works on windows.
                      any solution yet?

Btw,
                      i got windows 10 with the device, could be related?

Comment

Originally posted by alwaysbless View Post
                        I tried this with 3 different microsd cards and my box kept giving 'ERROR 1: MICROSD IS NOT PRESENT' even though all of the cards are recognized in android and windows.

I also got that error.
                        Unsucessfully tried following various instructions posted here, by selecting "Advanced" then entering commands in Terminal manually, But couldn't see SD card listed as anything like "sdz4" (sdz1 was USB stick memory), but eventually using command "lsblk" (to list all devices?? and partitions) found it was named as device mccblk1 and partition mccblk1p1. Couldn't mount using these names (some root permissions problem).
                        Then, while searching for a mount workaround, found someone having problems with SD card being differently named depending if if was inserted before or after boot. So tried boot THEN inserting SD ...Basic - Backup ***#! THEN WORKED !#**** and completed OK. Previously SD and USB were inserted before boot.
                        Went back in to advanced, but lsblk still showing SD as mmcblk. So not sure why it's working - hope not just some fluke!

Forgot to add that I'd also at some point used gparted to repartition and reformat the card as previously it had been erased on my Sony Z3 compact - and not sure what system that uses. So a some chance that was the real solution (selected partition type MSDOS and format FAT32, but after backup the only partition labelled "TNTBACKUP" is NTFS).
                        Last edited by p00p; 11-10-2015, 23:42. Reason: Forgot last para.

Comment

Originally posted by daemonium View Post
                          THE NITRO TEAM
                          abdul_pt, nelo, daemonium, leolas, litry

Note by leolas: One more thing: Take care about upload a backup of your internal memory without a factory reset and erase the /sdcard/ folder, because this tool made a mirror of your internal emmc, so your google account, and personal data will be there, so if someone want to upload his backup, please take care about made a factory reset and erase personal data in /sdcard/ folder.

A good point, but not sure what "and erase personal data in /sdcard/ folder" means.
                          Do I have to find that folder and erase something/everything, or is erasing personal data something that a factory reset does?

By "factory reset" does leolas mean: Android, settings - backup and reset - factory data reset?

Comment

Link Broken
                            Sorry if i am missing something, i have just tried to download but mega keeps saying there is a problem.
                            I have created a mega account and copied it to my cloud but still cannot download it.

Comment

Opps
                              Last edited by CP101; 12-07-2015, 13:03.

Comment

Opps

Comment

Working...
                                X