Clear All

Minix Neo Z64A to Z64W and reverse

Hi!
    I would like to share with you.
    Android Minix buy, BIOS update, and install windows 32bit

- Download a bios file
    - download the rufus program
    - Start the rufus
    - Partition scheme and target system type: MBR partition scheme for UEFI computer
    - Create bootable disk using: NO (remove the checkmark)
    - Start

When finished, the downloaded BIOS file to unzip, and copy it to the root on your memory stick the EFI folder.
    To set the BIOS to the EFI shell script to boot.
    When done, auto turn off the device. (indicated by the LED)
    The script will be saved in the original BIOS on memory stick!

Rufus program help can install Windows 8.1 32bit operating system, the USB stick can only be fat32 filesystem!

Just be careful!
    Sorry my bad english, I hope you understand

Nice! This work I just flashed mine over, im setting up an install of windows 8 now and will post on how this goes.

Update: Heres a video walk through on the steps mentioned above

Last edited by alwaysbless; 03-19-2015, 03:14.

Comment

Nice! Hopefully, we will not end up bricking the device like Pipo X7.

Comment

Everything seems to be reversible, flashing the bios backups your original or alternatively you could just flash the one bundled in his zip files. I ran into my first issue being that my windows 8.1 is a 64 bit version and the efi shell wont install unless its 32. Gonna work on this a little more and see if I can find a 32 bit iso to install from.

Comment

Originally posted by alwaysbless View Post
          I ran into my first issue being that my windows 8.1 is a 64 bit version and the efi shell wont install unless its 32. Gonna work on this a little more and see if I can find a 32 bit iso to install from.
          You can download it legally from Microsoft - http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...-refresh-media

Here’s how you can download Windows 8.1 and 8.1 Pro ISO files legally and directly from Microsoft without needing a product key, and create bootable USB the easy way.

@Mods - these are perfectly legitimate links

Comment

Originally posted by WeK05 View Post
            You can download it legally from Microsoft - http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...-refresh-media

Here’s how you can download Windows 8.1 and 8.1 Pro ISO files legally and directly from Microsoft without needing a product key, and create bootable USB the easy way.

@Mods - these are perfectly legitimate links
            I already got it sorted thx for the links though. Everything is working great with the install im running Windows 8.1 pro w/ WMC all drivers are working as expected also. When installing windows there were at least 18 partitions the setup discovered so im not so confident that switching back to android will be as pain free as this but it def works guys!

Comment

interesting, this method wih our full emmc backup/restore tool may be a winner combo
              There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't...

If you want to buy me a beer, please use this -> https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

Originally posted by daemonium View Post
                interesting, this method wih our full emmc backup/restore tool may be a winner combo
                http://www.FreakTab.com/showthread.php?t=23860
                I was able to use the recovery img linked here - http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...or-Z64-android - to restore back to android just as easy as the windows install went. Your guys method would be better though since it allows apps and such to be part of the backup / restore
                Last edited by alwaysbless; 03-19-2015, 03:14.

Comment

Originally posted by Lifeforce View Post
                  Hi!
                  I would like to share with you.
                  Android Minix buy, BIOS update, and install windows 32bit

- Download a bios file
                  - download the rufus program
                  - Start the rufus
                  - Partition scheme and target system type: MBR partition scheme for UEFI computer
                  - Create bootable disk using: NO (remove the checkmark)
                  - Start

When finished, the downloaded BIOS file to unzip, and copy it to the root on your memory stick the EFI folder.
                  To set the BIOS to the EFI shell script to boot.
                  When done, auto turn off the device. (indicated by the LED)
                  The script will be saved in the original BIOS on memory stick!

Rufus program help can install Windows 8.1 32bit operating system, the USB stick can only be fat32 filesystem!

Just be careful!
                  Sorry my bad english, I hope you understand
                  brilliant mate. Thanks for this

Comment

I already got it sorted thx for the links though. Everything is working great with the install im running Windows 8.1 pro w/ WMC all drivers are working as expected also. When installing windows there were at least 18 partitions the setup discovered so im not so confident that switching back to android will be as pain free as this but it def works guys!

Mate appreciate if can you put an idiot guide on how to do this, that includes installing the drivers, etc.? I'm pretty sure a lot will be rejoicing.

Comment

The Android version has Bios 64bit shell scripts, the Windows version only 32bit
                      I did not do so, but the factory.
                      The whole thing I do not understand why they should restricted.
                      Be a version Windows operating system, and without.

Everything seems to be reversible, flashing the bios backups your original or alternatively you could just flash the one bundled in his zip files. I ran into my first issue being that my windows 8.1 is a 64 bit version and the efi shell wont install unless its 32. Gonna work on this a little more and see if I can find a 32 bit iso to install from.

Comment

You need these drivers are:
                        Lan: Realtek 8152B
                        WiFi: Realtek RTL8723BS
                        Sound card: Realtek ALC5640

Originally posted by blackstarr View Post
                        Mate appreciate if can you put an idiot guide on how to do this, that includes installing the drivers, etc.? I'm pretty sure a lot will be rejoicing.

Comment

32bit driver pack available at minix
                          http://minix.com.hk/downfile/NEO Z64 WIN8.1 DRIVER.rar

DriverPackage -> Installer -> PlatformInstaller -> Setup.exe
                          (http://www.minixforum.com/threads/wi...-drivers.4738/)
                          RK3288 Devices
                          - Overview BOX (LINK !)
                          - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                          UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
                          Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                          Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                          Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Originally posted by blackstarr View Post
                            Got a video on it thatll be up later that will demonstrate the process perfectly.

Comment

This is great!!
                              Someone has an idea: Would IR remote work when switching from a windows Z64 box to android?

Comment

Working...
                              X