MINIX Neo Z64W Ubuntu with Audio and WIFI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MINIX Neo Z64W Ubuntu with Audio and WIFI

Anyone with a MINIX Neo Z64W running Ubuntu and wanting audio and wifi should download and run the script in https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B99...mhiejZoOVMyOUE

And here's a demo of what you'll get ... http://youtu.be/MHTrjjj1znc

Credit goes to John Pemberton for the Bay Trail Audio HDMI patch, Paul Kendall for identifying the ACPI DSDT table bug, Bastien Nocera (hadess) for the RTL8723BS wifi driver and DroidMote Server / Client for the wifi referral. I've basically compiled a patched Ubuntu kernel and the wifi module together with a modified DSDT table for the Minix NEO Z64W BIOS and written a script to install the changes.
    Last edited by linuxium; 05-08-2015, 00:56.

Great Wifi is working haven't checked on sound yet but thanks allot!

Comment

I've just tried running the script after installing Ubuntu 16.04 LTS on my Minix Z64 but it crashes when trying to install.

After forcing a reboot I've got an error symbol in the top menu bar, clicking on it reveals this message:

"An error occurred, please run Package Manager from the right-click menu........ The error message was : 'Unknown Error: <class 'SystemError'>' (E:The package linux-headers-3.16.7-ckt3.linuxium needs to be reinstalled, but I can't find an archive for it) This usually means that your installed packages have unmet dependencies"

Grateful for any help on this, I'd love to get the audio working on this device!

Comment

After reinstalling Ubuntu on the device I've tried running the script again, but again it's failed to enable the audio. I've copied the contents of the Terminal window below:

chris@minix:~/Desktop/drivers/audio-wifi-minix-neo-z64.release$ sudo sh ./audio-wifi-minix-new-z64-release.sh
        [sudo] password for chris:
        Selecting previously unselected package linux-headers-3.16.7-ckt3.linuxium.
        (Reading database ... 175041 files and directories currently installed.)
        Preparing to unpack linux-headers-3.16.7-ckt3.linuxium_1.baytrailaudio_amd64.deb ...
        Unpacking linux-headers-3.16.7-ckt3.linuxium (1.baytrailaudio) ...
        Setting up linux-headers-3.16.7-ckt3.linuxium (1.baytrailaudio) ...
        Examining /etc/kernel/header_postinst.d.
        Selecting previously unselected package linux-image-3.16.7-ckt3.linuxium.
        (Reading database ... 193355 files and directories currently installed.)
        Preparing to unpack linux-image-3.16.7-ckt3.linuxium_1.baytrailaudio_amd64.deb ...
        Examining /etc/kernel/preinst.d/
        run-parts: executing /etc/kernel/preinst.d/intel-microcode 3.16.7-ckt3.linuxium /boot/vmlinuz-3.16.7-ckt3.linuxium
        Done.
        Unpacking linux-image-3.16.7-ckt3.linuxium (1.baytrailaudio) ...
        Setting up linux-image-3.16.7-ckt3.linuxium (1.baytrailaudio) ...

Hmm. There is a symbolic link /lib/modules/3.16.7-ckt3.linuxium/build
        However, I can not read it: No such file or directory
        Therefore, I am deleting /lib/modules/3.16.7-ckt3.linuxium/build

Hmm. The package shipped with a symbolic link /lib/modules/3.16.7-ckt3.linuxium/source
        However, I can not read the target: No such file or directory
        Therefore, I am deleting /lib/modules/3.16.7-ckt3.linuxium/source

Running depmod.
        Examining /etc/kernel/postinst.d.
        run-parts: executing /etc/kernel/postinst.d/apt-auto-removal 3.16.7-ckt3.linuxium /boot/vmlinuz-3.16.7-ckt3.linuxium
        run-parts: executing /etc/kernel/postinst.d/initramfs-tools 3.16.7-ckt3.linuxium /boot/vmlinuz-3.16.7-ckt3.linuxium
        update-initramfs: Generating /boot/initrd.img-3.16.7-ckt3.linuxium
        run-parts: executing /etc/kernel/postinst.d/pm-utils 3.16.7-ckt3.linuxium /boot/vmlinuz-3.16.7-ckt3.linuxium
        run-parts: executing /etc/kernel/postinst.d/unattended-upgrades 3.16.7-ckt3.linuxium /boot/vmlinuz-3.16.7-ckt3.linuxium
        run-parts: executing /etc/kernel/postinst.d/update-notifier 3.16.7-ckt3.linuxium /boot/vmlinuz-3.16.7-ckt3.linuxium
        run-parts: executing /etc/kernel/postinst.d/zz-update-grub 3.16.7-ckt3.linuxium /boot/vmlinuz-3.16.7-ckt3.linuxium
        Generating grub configuration file ...
        Found custom ACPI table: /boot/dsdt.aml
        Found linux image: /boot/vmlinuz-4.4.0-21-generic
        Found initrd image: /boot/initrd.img-4.4.0-21-generic
        Found linux image: /boot/vmlinuz-3.16.7-ckt3.linuxium
        Found initrd image: /boot/initrd.img-3.16.7-ckt3.linuxium
        blockdev: ioctl error on BLKROSET: Operation not permitted
        Found Windows Boot Manager on /dev/mmcblk0p1@/EFI/Microsoft/Boot/bootmgfw.efi
        Adding boot menu entry for EFI firmware configuration
        done

Apologies if I've missed something obvious here, I'm relatively new to Linux but would love to no longer rely on Windows 10 on my Z64!

Comment

Working...
        X