Minix Z64W on projector

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Minix Z64W on projector

I have been using my minix neo x7 for a year and a half using my Epson HC 3020 1080p 3d projector through my receiver (Onkyo died so now running Denon AVR-S900W). Running wasser rom it runs xbmc/kodi, showbox and popcorntime just great. Ran HDcinema for about 3 days before it quit running that program.
    So I just got a Minix Z64w for my birthday ran the updates and installed TVMC (version of Kodi) on it. I have to admit this is my first time really trying windows 8.1 and i F*#^!ing hate it. This thing seems to be slow to open programs and stall and be non-responsive sometimes. I cant get the screen to adjust where I can read stuff from across the room. I have tried adjusting some settings (icons, menus, etc ) but some parts of the screen just don't enlarge for a projector. you cant select the projector, just digital tv. The display also seems fuzzy compared to my X7. Could that be the intel graphics in the Z64W?
    My problems with the Z64W are
    1. fuzzy graphics on my 1080p projector
    2. small print on certain things making it unreadable across the room
    3. non-responsive and slow to open things like chrome or IE

If I cant get this thing running any better than my rock solid x7 I will return it and get something else.
    Any ideas why this is running so lousy compared to my x7?

Have you tried these DPI settings in Win8 for your PJ?

Also, you could try disabling certain services from running by carefully reading this guide. Some unoptimized AntiVirus could also contribute to slowdowns.

Personally, I'd stay away from low-cost Win8 boxed until hardware catches up to manage all of Windows bloat. But, If you insist on having WinOS for the sake of 1080p/netfix then consider going with a NUC/Brix system or even better find an Android box that supports dual booting Linux/Ubuntu.

Edit: Another a thought, have you looked at Task Manager to see what's eating up your resources?
    Last edited by AnotherOne; 07-26-2015, 21:17.

Comment

Working...
    X