SHORT REVIEW FOR THE PIPO X7 INTEL Z3736F BASE MINI PC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SHORT REVIEW FOR THE PIPO X7 INTEL Z3736F BASE MINI PC

Since recently people are asking a lot of questions about the Pipo x7 MINI pc, so i decide to make this short review.

First let’s check the specification for the Pipo x7.

Brand PIPO
    Model X7
    Material Aluminium alloy
    Color Silver/Black (two color for choose)
    Operating System Windows 8.1 with Bing OS
    CPU Brands Intel
    CPU Model 3736F 2.16GHz
    CPU Cores Quad Core
    GPU Intel HD Graphics
    RAM DDR3 2GB
    ROM Nand fast flash 32GB eMMC
    Expand Memory T-FLASH(Support 64G MAX)
    Network 802.11 b/g/n, 10/100MB Fast Ethernet
    Camera N/A
    Bluetooth Bluetooth 4.0

From the above specification, we should notice, the Pipo x7 use the Intel Z3736F cpu, NOT like its competitors in market( they all use z3735f) , The 3736F cpu clock @1.33Ghz, however the Turbo Boost is up to 2.16Ghz, higher than the Z3735F(Turbo Boost 1.83Ghz), which is a plus for the Pipo X7.

Except this, Pipo X7 built in 2GB DDR3 and 32GB eMMC( the sample in my desktop is samsung eMMC), for the wifi module, The Pipo x7 use the REALTEK RTL8723BSwhich just support 2.4Ghz 802.11 b/g/n wifi.

For the expanded memory, the pipo official site said just accept 32GB , however, we test the sandisk 64GB Class 10 micro sd card, there is no problem to read and write. For the Ethernet, yes, it has no gigabit ethernet. please note.

Now i will open the case and take some photos for you guy:

Pipo did a good job in the heatsink, and they use the full Aluminium case, so you should not worry about the heat problem in the x7.

PS: the mark on the pcba is not right, it write z3735f,however, the cpu is not z3735,it is z3736f, please don’t confuse for this.

Now let’s check the port and size for the pipo x7:

Beside the power on/off button,it is the led Indicator,press the power button for about 3-5 seconds to power on the device.

also please note, the accessories in the pipo x7 is only one 12V/2A power adapter, so you should get the hdmi cable if you want to use it.

Update:

How to enter BIOS?
    when you start the pipo x7, press the Del button on keyboard, and then it will go to BIOS Setting, like the following photo

Now let’s go to the system. Not like those android tv box, Pipo x7 has the original activated windows 8.1 with bing version installed. If you are not familiar with windows 8.1 with bing os, read this first:

http://www.howtogeek.com/195934/what-exactly-is-windows-8.1-with-bing-do-i-have-to-use-bing/
    The pipo x7 coming with one year office 365 subscribe. before we ship your orders, we will set the language to english, you can download your own language in pc settings. Connect with your TV or monitor, you will have a real PC now, i think i should not waste time to tell how to use windows well.

This is my short review for the Pipo x7, for the price , i think it is really good value for the price. Not like the android tv box, you will have a working pc with it. I am not expecting to compare this with my I7 laptop, however, for the basic work and daily use, it is really enough.
    Enjoy it, and if you have any questions, feel free to contact us.

Geekbuying will focus on searching different windows pc, SOON, we will have the dual boot android/windows pc to list in our site, i will do the review for that model then.

Any questions, feel free to leave comments here or our
    blog.

Eric
    Geekbuying

Source from:
    http://blog.geekbuying.com/index.php...-base-mini-pc/
    Coupons Updated Every Day: https://bit.ly/2RnbHUi

Deals for TV Boxes & Mini PC: https://bit.ly/2s7ugxD

This is excellent. Can access the BIOS? Does this mean we can install Ubuntu directly from USB Boot? Thank you!
    Ugoos RK3288 - Running Linux and Android.

Looking for a mini pc that support Hardware Acceleration in Linux.

Comment

Originally posted by adam8bit View Post
      This is excellent. Can access the BIOS? Does this mean we can install Ubuntu directly from USB Boot? Thank you!
      Hi,
      You can access the BIOS, just press the DEL key when you turn on it (need an external USB keyboard). You cannot install Ubuntu.
      Coupons Updated Every Day: https://bit.ly/2RnbHUi

Deals for TV Boxes & Mini PC: https://bit.ly/2s7ugxD

Comment

OK, so this means, you can't select where to boot from (e.g. eMMC, SD or USB)?
        I have problems to read the screen-picture of the BIOS, but is [Main] the only screen?
        BTW: Who build this BIOS?

EDIT:

Ubuntu:
        Ian Morrison (linuxium) find a way, so I think it's also possible at the x7, but we have to know, how Ian Morrison managed it (and I'm sure he will share how to do it)...
        RK3288 Devices
        - Overview BOX (LINK !)
        - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
        UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
        Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
        Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
        Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

At iMP3.net exist a comprehensive review with some interesting technical details

I see, they use at embedded BIOS the 'AMI Aptio' (CRB)

where also exit some tools
          AMI’s set of utilities for BIOS ROM image customization without rebuilding the firmware provide a clear advantage in reducing time and cost.

but I don't know if they will also work with this BIOS/device...
          Click image for larger version

Name:	01_pipo_x7_BIOS.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	156.0 KB
ID:	435958

Partition Table

Name:	02_pipo_x7_PT.jpg
Size:	89.8 KB
ID:	435959

DiskMark

Name:	03_pipo_x7_DM.jpg
Size:	77.6 KB
ID:	435960

WLAN

Name:	04_pipo_x7_WLAN.jpg
Size:	100.8 KB
ID:	435961

CPU Temperature

Name:	05_pipo_x7_CPU_temp.jpg
Size:	101.1 KB
ID:	435962
          (and that will be the problem at the MeeGoPad T01 (http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...l=1#post269246 ))

I don't know this tool, but nice small summary

Name:	06_pipo_x7_sum.jpg
Size:	136.3 KB
ID:	435963
          RK3288 Devices
          - Overview BOX (LINK !)
          - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
          UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
          Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
          Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
          Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

bios

i wonder if any one out there can make a bios or edit this one with a patch of some sort so that we can install linux or even maybe hackintosh . i remember i had to flash mu motherboard with a patched bios before i could install hackintosh maybe they can do same thing here.

Comment

Hello,

Can anyone confirm whether the X7 accepts 64GB cards? I can see the guy above who reviewed it had tested a 64GB class 10 which worked but I'm interested to see if any other owners encountered any problems with the use of 64GB TF cards.

Pipo officially claims the device accepts up to 32GB.

I would also like to know if anyone has successfully installed copper heatsinks to the device - those adhesive components used to reduce temperatures inside the case.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
              X