pipo x7 ethernet vanished!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pipo x7 ethernet vanished!!!

All day yesterday I was connected to the internet via Ethernet it was working great,I shut the unit down went to bed .when booted the pipo up today there is no Ethernet, wifi works great (I switch wifi off),when I plug the Ethernet lead in the pipo dont detect it all,hears a screen shot of device manager

http://i59.tinypic.com/29wn6eo.jpg
    Last edited by blinkone; 01-13-2015, 20:25.
    Please consider making a Donation to freakTab

Anyone have an idea whats happened

Comment

Originally posted by blinkone View Post
      Anyone have an idea whats happened
      Mine hasn't arrived yet but here's a few things you can try.

Have a look what the error is reporting in device manager for that usb to ether device. You could also try the drivers for that device from here.

If that doesn't fix it then hopefully windows made a system restore image at some point when you was using it yesterday. Open system restore and try rolling back your system to yesterday when it worked.
      To Infinity and Beyond.... XBMC

Comment

Originally posted by Flumpster View Post
        Mine hasn't arrived yet but here's a few things you can try.

Have a look what the error is reporting in device manager for that usb to ether device. You could also try the drivers for that device from here.

If that doesn't fix it then hopefully windows made a system restore image at some point when you was using it yesterday. Open system restore and try rolling back your system to yesterday when it worked.
        If I double click on that usb to fast ether..driver status:the drivers for this device are not installed (code 28) if that means anything to you

just downloaing the driver you posted now thanks will let you no how it goes

Comment

My box had to download and install a ton of updates on the first day. I was working exclusively with wifi, though..so I don't know whether the ethernet was affected.

You can try to reinstall the driver and see if that solves the problem.
          Randy
          Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
          Read my BIO Here
          Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
          Donate here

Comment

Hats off to both of you Flumpster & rrileypm

Arrr we have lift off,I installed that driver you gave the link to flumpster rebooted & it worked great, i now have Ethernet so i dont no what happened there..

Mine never updated yesterday at all Randy,i was just assuming it was upto date already but iv just checked for update it says, its found updates today & will install them soon.

Many many thanks to the both of you

Comment

Hats off to both of you Flumpster & rrileypm

Arrr we have lift off,I installed that driver you gave the link to flumpster rebooted & it worked great, i now have Ethernet so i dont no what happened there..

Mine never updated yesterday at all Randy,i was just assuming it was upto date already but iv just checked for update it says, its found updates today & will install them soon.

Many many thanks to the both of you
              Nice one, I'm really looking forward to mine arriving so I can have something new to play with.

Comment

I hope the up dates dont take up that much room, iv only installed kodi & activated the pre installed office & its showing 16.1 free of 23.5
                Last edited by blinkone; 01-13-2015, 21:24.

Comment

Originally posted by Flumpster View Post
                  Nice one, I'm really looking forward to mine arriving so I can have something new to play with.
                  It is fun something new to play with, but im new to windows 8 so its taking a wile to find my way around

Comment

I'm glad you got it going!!!!!

You guys will really enjoy this box...I'm sure of it.
                    Randy
                    Read my BIO Here
                    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
                    Donate here

Comment

I hope the up dates dont take up that much room, iv only installed kodi & activated the pre installed office & its showing 16.1 free of 23.5
                      One thing you might want to check is how much is allocated to system restore. I think it's about 10 percent of all space by default. You can always disable it if you really need the space but I like to keep it on. I intend to put a 64 gig sandisk Ultra class 10 ( http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Ultra-.../dp/B007WTAJTO) in there also so that I can use that to install larger apps and steam to test games etc.

It is fun something new to play with, but im new to windows 8 so its taking a wile to find my way around
                      I really dislike windows 8.1 out of the box, I have it installed as a Guest OS here to help people who have it installed and it is counter intuitive. What makes it far easier for me is an app called Start 8. There is a 30 day trial there but the app is cheap anyway.

If you don't want to pay anything then a free alternative is Start Menu 8 but I prefer Start 8.

Start Menu 8 brings back Start Menu to Windows 8, and allows users to skip Metro start page and boot to Windows 8 desktop directly.

If you try the Start 8 one below is the settings I use that I find the most convenient. This puts it back to windows 7 style but when I press the windows key I get the new metro interface, if I click the windows key again it puts me back in windows 7 mode.

Last edited by Flumpster; 01-14-2015, 02:22.

Comment

Yeah, Flumpster....I'm not a Windows 8 fan either. I did try Start 8 for a while...and discovered another start menu app called Classic Shell. The free version works well, too. http://www.classicshell.net/
                        Randy
                        Read my BIO Here
                        Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
                          Yeah, Flumpster....I'm not a Windows 8 fan either. I did try Start 8 for a while...and discovered another start menu app called Classic Shell. The free version works well, too. http://www.classicshell.net/
                          Thanks rrileypm. I tried that one also but the Start 8 (do not confuse with Start Menu 8) was the best option for me as I could still access the metro interface easily if I wanted to try metro apps and the rest of the time I still have the classic 7 desktop for normal use.

I would advise people trying them all and making their own minds up really, they all do a similar job.

Windows 10 fixes all this as it is sort of a hybrid between classic 7 with bits of metro integrated into start menu.

Comment

Mine just arrived today. I just don't have time to play with it yet.

Guys, we should make a new forum section for this box!

Suggestions?

Maybe a Intel Based TV box area and then put Pipo as a device forum?

What do you think?

Bob
                            "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                            "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                            "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                            "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                            "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                            "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                            "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                            "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                            "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Good idea, Bob
                              Randy
                              Read my BIO Here
                              Donate here

Comment

Working...
                              X