This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

By the way let me add.

The video PIPO shows using a tablet IS NOT THE SAME as the image provided for the X7. Why? Because in that video you see them go into the BIOS and turn off EMMC protection! They are also using PE to boot and flash. We do not have to do that with the recovery image Randy provided. Pretty sure all that is flashing is Boot, Windows, and Recovery partitions. Nothing else.

So if there are keys in NAND and you lost them, then this X7 image I think wont fix that. You need to RAW FLASH EMMC like they show in the video.

Bob
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Originally posted by budgetgeek View Post
      This is why I don't use Windows.
      I use windows whole my life, never paid a cent. There is torrents and so on. Linux is for those who have no where to spend time And time my dear friend cost more than any money.
      Don't want to start OS fights, but i think all will agree-linux is more complicated OS then Windows as the programs too. Also linux is more slower than windows. Slower file system so overall slower performance. Slow GUI (if not to use those ugly ones).

Comment

FACE PALM

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't...

If you want to buy me a beer, please use this -> https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

Originally posted by daemonium View Post
          Yes linux users never can defend linux, because they know all what i said is 100% right. Thanks for confirming that.
          Go maybe build some drivers because of linux dont have it...or spend hours to make automount all partitions.. DD Piece of sh.. linux.

Comment

Originally posted by tommix View Post
            Yes linux users never can defend linux, because they know all what i said is 100% right. Thanks for confirming that.
            Go maybe build some drivers because of linux dont have it...or spend hours to make automount all partitions.. DD Piece of sh.. linux.
            Opinionated much? Why should we have to defend linux? I work in all the operating systems on a daily basis and what you are saying is complete nonsense and just goes to show how little you know about non windows systems.

Once you have used other operating systems for a while and actually know what you are talking about come back and preach to us then.
            To Infinity and Beyond.... XBMC

Comment

Huh? What the hell is wrong with some people?? Arguing over an OS?
              Let people in their value... Some people drives a Skoda other drives a Volkswagen. Both mostly the same....

It's for all of us better Linux is supported. The more people can use the Pipo. The more tweaks and OS are supported. Openelec for instance...

Most people develop Linux on systems which weren't supported at first. And the do it mostly in free time and with no charge....

So stop saying your opinion Tommix because you are talking Sh**

And just have respect for those guys.

Comment

Also please don't talk about stealing and violating laws here!

With that said I am appalled you brag about using Windows for years and have not paid a dime. You are the thief!

Bob
                "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

actually shocked people posting about bragging ho wthey downloaded illegal copy of software
                  Bugs are Sons of Glitches!

If you like my work and it's helped you, you can always shout me a beer or two Click - Here

Links : Visit JustMe ROMs - EM8 Square Roms - EM8 OpenELEC Rom - ADB GUI

JustMe

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                    Also please don't talk about stealing and violating laws here!

With that said I am appalled you brag about using Windows for years and have not paid a dime. You are the thief!

Bob
                    i have off topic suggestion here
                    What if you make a Sub forum for Major vendors like Minix , pipo , etc ..
                    and there you assign one person or more from the vendor side as moderator or admin whatever
                    so they can support the user and solve some order problems and provide Official Roms and FW
                    and also a sub forum for main gadgets websites Like GeekBuying , Aliexpress , Gearbest

Comment

I think using persons from vendor side as moderator isn't a good idea, because the idea of FreakTab is to be as independently as possible...
                      Also vendor oriented Sub-forums aren't a good idea because the problems, questions, solutions and custom roms are more SoC related than vendor related....
                      RK3288 Devices
                      - Overview BOX (LINK !)
                      - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                      UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
                      Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                      Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                      Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
                        I think using persons from vendor side as moderator isn't a good idea, because the idea of FreakTab is to be as independently as possible...
                        Also vendor oriented Sub-forums aren't a good idea because the problems, questions, solutions and custom roms are more SoC related than vendor related....
                        ok me and you and every user is here for sharing the ideas and get the Most benefits
                        from his HW or SW "independently" from other Users and admins. that's totally true

we are not going to change that

but give a window for vendors and stores has tow advantages from my opinion
                        we will make it easier for some user to communicate directly to the vendors (some of them already have assigned users her as Representatives)

an OFFICIAL window with FreakTab rolls not somebody else
                        and also it can add more small fund for support the forum expenses (business wise)
                        not only the free devices for review to some Admins and moderators

and finally it's just and idea maybe not good for implementing

Comment

Originally posted by scropion86 View Post
                          i have off topic suggestion here
                          What if you make a Sub forum for Major vendors like Minix , pipo , etc ..
                          and there you assign one person or more from the vendor side as moderator or admin whatever
                          so they can support the user and solve some order problems and provide Official Roms and FW
                          and also a sub forum for main gadgets websites Like GeekBuying , Aliexpress , Gearbest
                          Hi
                          If you have a look here

some of the main sellers/players of these devices as you may be aware.

You can get support from the resellers of the products you mentions who will pass on concerns. Straight forward questions get answers and will find a few vendors lurk around Freaktab. Do a bit of googling and you will find most the Major vendors have their websites forums for support.

Freaktab a bunch that do this because they enjoy doing this and help where they can.
                          Image how some of these boxes survive without the support of members of Freaktab
                          Also remember they have lives outside of Freaktab.
                          Official Roms often you are in hands of the Almighty/SOC. but if its about its will be here soon enough.
                          Cheers
                          treboR
                          Please consider
                          Donating to Freaktab

Comment

hmmm smells like troll here...
                            There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't...

If you want to buy me a beer, please use this -> https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

Originally posted by scropion86 View Post
                              [offtopic]
                              I don't know why I always get upset every time someone talks about AliExpress as being a shop. AliExpress is something equivalent to ****. There are many reputable and reliable sellers in AliExpress, along with many scammers. AliExpress has almost nothing to do with the sellers, it just provides the common interface to them, listing the products and handling the payments (getting some fees). Thankfully AliExpress also offers buyer protection. I have always trusted sellers with excellent statistics and have never had any problem with them.
                              [/offtopic]

[offtopic^2]
                              I also always laugh hard when GearBest is referred to as BestGear, which happens all the time. LOL!!!
                              [/offtopic^2]

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                                FYI when you boot from the recovery USB disk you made, it's all in Chinese and you cant change language (it doesn't work for some reason). So just be aware of that.
                                I am sure that in the image the boot.wim could be modified to be English. I am looking into it now.
                                Bob
                                Guys
                                Is it possible to create Recovery USB disk on any other desktop Windows 8.1 device and use it with Pipo X7?
                                If not, have anybody managed to change language in boot.wim and get this work?

Thanks
                                Michal

Comment

Working...
                                X