Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hi guys, new sub here. i am very interested in getting the x7 or even the x7s with dual boot android, my question is will this box be eligable for the windows 10 free upgrade and will directx 12 also run on it. many thanks in advance all.

Comment

Originally posted by vger147 View Post
      hi guys, new sub here. i am very interested in getting the x7 or even the x7s with dual boot android, my question is will this box be eligable for the windows 10 free upgrade and will directx 12 also run on it. many thanks in advance all.

Yes I am also inerested in this.I have a X7S inbound as I type.

Comment

Windows 10: because windows will support every version up from 7 with an update the pipo will also be able to be updated...

DirectX 12: it seems so but I think because of the features level and nobody knows at the moment which level will support which hw you have to ask MS and/or Intel which 12 level will support the Intel HD Graphics Bay Trail
        RK3288 Devices
        - Overview BOX (LINK !)
        - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
        UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
        Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
        Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
        Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

[QUOTE

3) Now do a System Image backup.

Bob[/QUOTE]

Thanks Bob for your post and I did follow all your instructions.

but sadly, I never thought that I will need any of the backup. Currently I am stuck at the system image recovery since menus on the pipo recovery is in Chinese version (I have MicroSD recovery image) and I don't want to use the USB recovery disk yet and I learned that you also made an English version of boot.wim (I did not yet replace the file on my USB) .

So my question is how can I change my pipo's recovery partition to English ? Also how can restore my image if the menus are in Chinese? Please see pictures.

Many thanks in advance
          MediaFire is a simple to use free service that lets you put all your photos, documents, music, and video in a single place so you can access them anywhere and share them everywhere.

Last edited by sample; 05-10-2015, 23:13.

Comment

apply same procedure dual boot Pipo X7S?

Originally posted by Finless View Post
            Hi all, so here are some first tips from me on what you should do when you get a Pipo X7.

1) First thing is make a recovery disk! Have a USB memory stick, SDcard, etc ready. Plug it into your box and make sure it is recognized and you can see it. It needs to be 8GB at a minimum!
            Go into control panel and click on recovery.
            On this menu click on Create a recovery drive and follow the instructions. Also allow it to backup your recovery partition.
            You can now use this to fully re-image the NAND disk should it ever crash.

2) Do windows update until it is completely done! You may have to run windows update several times to get them all.

3) Now do a System Image backup. This is different than the recovery disk as it backs up all the updates you just did above. You cannot use the same USB stick you used to make a recovery disk. This is because image backup requires a NTFS formatted stick.
            To open System Image Backup
            Open control panel and click on File History.
            In the lower right is system image backup

4) Get your CD key! This is NOT your Product ID but is in fact the CD key used to install Windows 8.1.
            If you ever want to hack around and install Win 8.1 fresh from downloaded CD or image, you will need your official CD key that is used to activate windows.
            Download this ZIP. Unzip it and run the .exe. I will give you your install CD keys.
            No worries there is no virus here.
            https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9B...ew?usp=sharing

That's it for now!
            Enjoy.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by loko

The factory Windows installation is compressed and linked to the recovery partition, thus if you delete the recovery partition, the factory Windows installation will stop working. If you really want to delete the recovery partition, you will have to reinstall Windows from original Microsoft media.

You may also use a bootable USB installed Linux distribution to make the required backups.
              But as I understand, if make a full partitions backup with 3rd party software (like ghost), there's no need to reinstall with recovery or original Microsoft media, as there is a full backup saved to be recovered again with ghost the very same way it was intended.

Comment

Hi, Ive ordered a dual OS, Win + Android, will Win 8 Imaging allow me to back up both OS's in one ?

Comment

I have a Pipo X7S and I think that the only solution for Pipo X7S backup is this:
                  This sub forum is for Minix Intel Devices

Comment

Originally posted by UnIForM View Post
                    I have a Pipo X7S and I think that the only solution for Pipo X7S backup is this:
                    Thats sounds interesting, UnIForM has this been tried on the Pipo X7S ?

Comment

Originally posted by toc View Post
                      Hi, Ive ordered a dual OS, Win + Android, will Win 8 Imaging allow me to back up both OS's in one ?
                      To answer that, No, you cant back up the Android partitions with Windows Image backup.

Comment

Can anyone share that tool that finds Windows License Key again please? The link in the top post isn't working. Also, will the tool work if I upgraded to Win 10 already ?

Comment

Here http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...-your-favorite
                          you will find this http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/7...dows-10-a.html
                          Cheers
                          treboR
                          Please consider
                          Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Working...
                          X