No announcement yet.

[Pipo X7] OS Official Windows 8.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

These devices do not have the traditional Windows installation. They use WIMBoot images.

Guide to make WIMBoot images -

Comment

Originally posted by WeK05 View Post
      These devices do not have the traditional Windows installation. They use WIMBoot images.

Guide to make WIMBoot images -

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l.../dn621983.aspx
      Very aware of that. Already have my own custom setup

Bob
      "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
      "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
      "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
      "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
      "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
      "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
      "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
      "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
      "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Today i try to install this windows 8.1, and make it work, here is some tips:

1 download such a large file from the baidu.com is a pain for you guys, but have no other choice right now, you should download the whole 8 zip files (from part 1 to part 8). the whole system is about 4.9G, they have to split to 8 files for uploading...

2 decompress the file , you just need to click decompress the part 1, and it will automatic decompress the whole 8 files. and then you will find a folder called x7.

3 now prepare a usb driver (at least 8gb) and then format it to NTFS and change the Volume Label to winpe

4 copy the whole files in the X7 folder to the root
        directory of 8gb usb driver

5 insert the 8gb usb driver to pipo x7, power on x7, and press F7 button, choose usb driver recovery.

and the system install will work.

I will write a step by step instruction in my blog.

i have checked, they system still activate after i reinstall the system, seems they have written the key to the BIOS. so no worry about the windows license.

Eric
        Geekbuying
        Looking for developers
        http://freaktab.com/forum/advertiser...91j-smartphone

Comment

Originally posted by geekbuying View Post

i have checked, they system still activate after i reinstall the system, seems they have written the key to the BIOS. so no worry about the windows license.

Eric
          Geekbuying[/FONT][/COLOR]
          When you go into the BIOS under security>Key Management
          All of the sections there say "Not Installed"
          So this leads me to believe there are no keys in the BIOS yet Win 8.1 with Bing does not need activation.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
            When you go into the BIOS under security>Key Management
            All of the sections there say "Not Installed"
            So this leads me to believe there are no keys in the BIOS yet Win 8.1 with Bing does not need activation.

Bob
            As far as I am aware 8.1 with bing (aka Core connected) does definitely require a key. It will be stored somewhere and should be in the UEFI normally even tho you are not seeing it.
            To Infinity and Beyond.... XBMC

Comment

Try this please Bob.

Comment

Hehehehe.... I already had that tool but had not used it yet.

Yes there is a key showing! For me it's the same key that I dumped in this thread in step #4

Also I installed windows 10 preview and it is not asking me to activate and enter a key which on the windows 10 download page a different key was provided. Again I did not need it.

Interesting!

So what are the BIOS keys?

Bob

Comment

Hehehehe.... I already had that tool but had not used it yet.

Yes there is a key showing! For me it's the same key that I dumped in this thread in step #4

Also I installed windows 10 preview and it is not asking me to activate and enter a key which on the windows 10 download page a different key was provided. Again I did not need it.

Interesting!

So what are the BIOS keys?

Bob
                  The key it is showing you in that app is your activation key embedded in the bios.

The reason windows 10 is probably not asking you is because it only needs a test key to install and not a proper activation key as it is only a time limited demo, your key is probably working fine for it.

The embedded key will not activate any other version of windows tho except the exact one that it came with.

Comment

Originally posted by Flumpster View Post
                    The key it is showing you in that app is your activation key embedded in the bios.

The reason windows 10 is probably not asking you is because it only needs a test key to install and not a proper activation key as it is only a time limited demo, your key is probably working fine for it.

The embedded key will not activate any other version of windows tho except the exact one that it came with.
                    That explains why when I installed a retail 8.1 Pro that I have, I had to use my own key. The installer asked for it up front and then I also had to activate online.

Flumpster, that RW tool..... I am new to using it. I see it can save a dump of this stuff but can it write? I cannot seem to see where to make it write.

What I would like to do is erase that key and test and then put it back if needed.

Bob

Comment

That explains why when I installed a retail 8.1 Pro that I have, I had to use my own key. The installer asked for it up front and then I also had to activate online.

Flumpster, that RW tool..... I am new to using it. I see it can save a dump of this stuff but can it write? I cannot seem to see where to make it write.

What I would like to do is erase that key and test and then put it back if needed.

Bob
                      I have nothing here I can try it on sorry Bob and the last thing I would want is to break yours. If my machine comes this week I will test it myself but if not then I will be seeing my mother next week and will be able to test it on her laptop which has an embedded code. It shows nothing on my main PC.

Comment

Originally posted by Flumpster View Post
                        I have nothing here I can try it on sorry Bob and the last thing I would want is to break yours. If my machine comes this week I will test it myself but if not then I will be seeing my mother next week and will be able to test it on her laptop which has an embedded code. It shows nothing on my main PC.
                        Well I am not too worried about breaking it

But it appears this RW everything tool will not write to the BIOS?
                        I turned off BIOS write protection in the BIOS and same thing.

So it appears to change that key, you have to flash a modified BIOS which right now, I have no clue how to do that. The AMI BIOS web site provides tools to work with AMI BIOS and it looks like you can use a tool in Windows, DOS, etc.

FYI on this page there, I checked and this box uses an Aptio BIOS. The link is Aptio 4 but out BIOS is version 5.

AMI is the world’s top BIOS vendor and a leader in the platform security industry because we simplify development and speed production.

Bob

Comment

:

FYI on this page there, I checked and this box uses an Aptio BIOS. The link is Aptio 4 but out BIOS is version 5.

AMI is the world’s top BIOS vendor and a leader in the platform security industry because we simplify development and speed production.
                          I don't understand your problem... at first Link you see that these tools are for 4 and V (which I think is 5 )...
                          At your BIOS thread I gave you a link to an older tool... the latest which I can find at the net is AMIBCP 4.55.0070... but not the latest 5.0...
                          But I think you need a bios-update-file at which you can work with that tool, and I don't know how to dump this kind of the flashed bios... maybe RW everything can help?
                          RK3288 Devices
                          - Overview BOX (LINK !)
                          - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                          UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
                          Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                          Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                          Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Can someone make me a Dump of the Bios please?
                            I have the Program to Mod the Bios.
                            Will also upload to FT Server.

Neomode

Comment

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
                              I don't understand your problem... at first Link you see that these tools are for 4 and V (which I think is 5 )...
                              At your BIOS thread I gave you a link to an older tool... the latest which I can find at the net is AMIBCP 4.55.0070... but not the latest 5.0...
                              But I think you need a bios-update-file at which you can work with that tool, and I don't know how to dump this kind of the flashed bios... maybe RW everything can help?
                              Are you looking for this?

Comment

Originally posted by neomode View Post
                                Can someone make me a Dump of the Bios please?
                                I have the Program to Mod the Bios.
                                Will also upload to FT Server.

Neomode
                                I have not quite figured out how to dump the BIOS. Flumpster so far seems to have ore knowledge than me right now.

Bob

Comment

Working...
                                X