[Pipo X7] OS Official Windows 8.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Pipo X7] OS Official Windows 8.1

Here is a link to the entire Windows 8.1 firmware package for the Pipo X7.

It's rather large, so instead of downloading it and putting it on our FTP server...I'm just providing the Baido link.
    Last edited by no_spam_for_me; 04-16-2015, 08:59.
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

Did they explain how to use it?
    I guess once I DL it I will have a look. Probably an .ISO you have to put on USB stick.

Bob
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

I've started downloading it. It's 8 rar files that are each around 700mb....this will take a while.

When I extract it I will report what I find.

I agree, it's likely a DVD img file.
      Randy
      Read my BIO Here
      Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
      Donate here

Comment

Well it is not an ISO but is the boot disk files. You have to make a bootable USB drive yourself then copy all the files over to it.

Bob

Comment

By the way I did some research.

This is Windows 8.1 with bing. This is a version of 8.1 that Microsoft provides to laptop makers etc for free! There are no license fees!

It's basically windows 8.1 core with bing as the default search provider (which can be changed by you).

Also good luck to ANYONE wanting to do a system restore using the recovery disk. It's all in Chinese even if you select US English!

Bob

Comment

Maybe also useful for other user:

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me
            Originally posted by Flumpster
            Everyone has said that it ships with the full activated version once you have set your account up.
            Originally posted by rrileypm
            The X7 comes with a full Windows 8.1 installation...all you need to do is enter a Microsoft ID (Hotmail).
            Originally posted by rrileypm
            All I can say is that my PC info screen says that Windows is activated. I didn't pay a dime for it. All I did was go through the initial setup screens...one of which asked for a Microsoft ID, which I have...and never looked back.
            Because I'm new at windows 8.x ... What does it mean?
            Do I have to enter an E-Mail-address during the installation where I will find this ID?
            Originally posted by bowulf
            Windows 8 has the ability to sync your settings across multiple devices or has an App catalog to use these features, you need what used to be called a Live ID now is called a Microsoft Account. You can sign up for one at: http://live.com

It is not a requirement and you can simply create a local user account to log into the device. (called a local account in the setup window)
            Originally posted by blinkone
            Your microsoft id is a windows email address either a bing email address or hotmail email address (example ******@hotmail.com or ******@bing.com) is what you need during the installation this will activate windows..

So you will need to already have a ******@hotmail.com or ******@bing.com email address before you can activate windows
            Originally posted by bowulf
            You can have any email address and get a Microsoft(aka Live) account. Mine for many years was @gmail.com before being hired by the guys in Redmond. just sign up with your existing email address at live.com.
            RK3288 Devices
            - Overview BOX (LINK !)
            - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
            UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
            Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
            Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
            Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

You do NOT need to activate this version of windows! Trust me... I have restored several times now from the recovery partition (factory) and not once did I ever get asked to activate!

So not sure what everyone else was talking about there.

Also when you setup you DO NOT have to make a live account. You can make a offline account if you read carefully and click the link. While I do have a live account I have yet to use it so far for all the hacking I am doing

Bob

Comment

FYI my first priority it to give you guys a new boot.wim file that you put on the recovery disk so recovery is in FREAKIN ENGLISH!

Bob

Comment

Not sure what to quite make of this.

This video shows how to re-image the Pipo tablet. I guess the process is the same for the X7?

The download looks like a complete boot disk so this video doesn't make sense.
                  Seems like they are making a WinPE disk and adding the images from the X7 download

I will figure it out I guess.

Bob

Comment

backup

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                    FYI my first priority it to give you guys a new boot.wim file that you put on the recovery disk so recovery is in FREAKIN ENGLISH!

Bob
                    once you have logged in as user, you can backup up with macrium (search google ), it is free for non commersial users
                    you can backup partitions or whole disk, and restore in linux or windows pe inviroment from usb stick

Comment

You do NOT need to activate this version of windows! Trust me...
                      This has nobody doubt

Also when you setup you DO NOT have to make a live account...
                      I only wanted to know/understand for what this ID is...
                      RK3288 Devices
                      - Overview BOX (LINK !)
                      - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                      UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
                      Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                      Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                      Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

For several years, Microsoft has used an ID system for activating or utilizing some of their software and services. If you have a Hotmail, MSN, Bing or Live account, you already have a Microsoft ID.

The first time you turn on the X7, or after you restore the firmware...you will be asked to create a login. The most obvious option available is to enter a Microsoft ID. If you look at the choices on the screen, however...you can also choose an offline user account which doesn't require the Microsoft ID to be entered.

With the Microsoft ID, your username and password can be used further in using your device...if you decide to run Office 360 or any of the Live apps. It's also much like entering your Google account with regard to accessing and installing apps from the Microsoft App Store.

If you choose to make an offline account...like Bob has done, you can still perform the above functions, but you will be prompted to create or enter your Microsoft ID to do so.

I was in such a hurry to start using my X7 that I didn't pay attention to the screen, and only saw the Microsoft ID prompt...since I have one, I just entered it. Bob looked a little closer and found the option to set up an offline user account.

Either way, you have to do this initially to set up your login.

I hope that explains the ID a little bit better.
                        Randy
                        Read my BIO Here
                        Donate here

Comment

OK Just playing around I installed my MSDN Win 7 Pro. It installed fine BUT.... no drivers for a lot of the hardware

I also managed to find a ISO of Win 8.1 with Bing. I installed that no problem but again no drivers.

Thus I had no Ethernet or Wifi. So I plugged in a USB Ethernet stick and Win 8 installed it not problem. Then I went online to update drivers. If found one for the built in Ethernet but could not find any for the other stuff.

Also tried to boot a EFI for Win8 64 bit. Wont boot. BIOS is a 32 bit BIOS yet the processor supports 64 bit
                          So one thing I would like Pipo to do is give us

1) A driver package for Win 8.1
                          2) A AMI BIOS that is 64 bit

Bob

Comment

I've found this set of drivers from Pipo. I think it's for their tablets...but wifi and ethernet might work.

百度网盘为您提供文件的网络备份、同步和分享服务。空间大、速度快、安全稳固,支持教育网加速,支持手机端。注册使用百度网盘即可享受免费存储空间
                            Randy
                            Read my BIO Here
                            Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
                              I've found this set of drivers from Pipo. I think it's for their tablets...but wifi and ethernet might work.

http://pan.baidu.com/s/1bnEmVRx
                              Thanks, I will try it!
                              I am also extracting the drivers from the base install.

I so want my Win 8.1 Pro on this

Then I will image to a bootable USB stick so I can dual boot!

Bob

Comment

Working...
                              X