[Pipo X7] OS Official Windows 8.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shariff View Post
    I happened to update my windows 8.1 to preview edition of Windows 10 some time back. I started using my PIPO box after couple of months. Now it shows my OS has expired and always when I restart i goes into recovery mode. Can some one help me downloading and installing Windows 8.1 on my PIPO X7 or let me know if I would be able install Ubuntu on this.
    Some time back you mean before Win10 was officialy released? If this is so, then you had installed win10 technical preview that required updates to stay activated. What you need to do is go back to win8.1 with original firmware and then if you wish you can re-upgrade to win10 (wait to update itself after some time). Activation keys are inside bios so win8.1 will activate automatically and then win10 upgrade will take this key and upgrade to win10 home edition. IF you want to go back to win8.1 you will need to re-flash original firmware.

Original firmware here
    Ubuntu instructions here. You will also find some good stuff in there, like puppy linux (fatdog64) for Baytrail

Comment

Working...
    X