Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dual booting is NOT the issue... This box can be setup with a BCD to allow as many OS's to show in the boot menu as you like INCLUDING OS's on a USB stick... So booting is not the issue!

If you really want Android, Linux, whatever, then the question you should be asking is getting a stable version of those OS's to boot!

But honestly.... why? If you hate Windows that much then maybe look elsewhere. I think it will be a while before we see good working "other" OS's working on this box. Hell most manufacturers cant get a good Android working on ARM! Well except for Christian Troy's extensive work on the Wetek.

Bob
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

I love windows, I've been a windows user my whole life, as a matter of fact I'm a SharePoint developer which is a Microsoft product.

The reason why I need Android is because this is going to be my Car PC and I have a Pioneer AppRadio which only supports Android, not Windows. I got this box because it is x86 and Android x86 is the best chance at running a stable version which is constantly updated and actually has support.

If you have a look at the Review thread I've managed to get Android installed on the emmc with no problems except that it runs like a dog, this is where I'm stuck because I don't know if it's related to the UEFI settings (which I have no experience in) and the fact that it's not properly supporting Android or if Android x86 has no support for the Z3736F chipset which I think is unlikely because it works just fine on Z3735F which is built on the same architecture.

Comment

Originally posted by Troz View Post
        :
        The reason why I need Android is because this is going to be my Car PC and I have a Pioneer AppRadio which only supports Android, not Windows.
        :
        Maybe you should also have a look at Linuxiums way

Maybe you can use some parts off it to port it to the X7...
        RK3288 Devices
        - Overview BOX (LINK !)
        - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
        UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
        Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
        Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
        Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
          Maybe you should also have a look at Linuxiums way

Maybe you can use some parts off it to port it to the X7...
          Yeah I'm running through that at the moment bit I only get a limited amount of time per day to work on it .

Moving on from the sidetrack to Android, I think that the modification of the UFEI of this device is key to everything on it. If we can get legacy bios or even 64bit it turns it in to a full blown PC where everything is possible so any help I can provide including testing let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by Troz View Post
            I think is unlikely because it works just fine on Z3735F which is built on the same architecture.
            FYI, I happen to know about "some announcement" on this in the next few days

Stay tuned if you have to have Android this might make you happy

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
              FYI, I happen to know about "some announcement" on this in the next few days

Stay tuned if you have to have Android this might make you happy

Bob
              Good to hear . Don't worry, once I get this one sorted out for my car I'll be buying a few more .

Comment

Hey Randy, maybe you can get the Aptio V BIOS tools from PIPO?

I have searched and search and the only place that looks like has them is in China

I tried to register to download but it did not send me an email

Bob
                I've checked with both John (Pipo) and Eric (Geekbuying) and they can't find a v5 on this tool anywhere.

Where is the link to it? They both would like to help us further, but neither of them have heard of version 5. I didn't see a reference to it in the link you provided.
                Randy
                Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
                Read my BIO Here
                Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
                Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
                  I've checked with both John (Pipo) and Eric (Geekbuying) and they can't find a v5 on this tool anywhere.

Where is the link to it? They both would like to help us further, but neither of them have heard of version 5. I didn't see a reference to it in the link you provided.

AMI main menu showing links to Aptio 4 and Aptio V

There is Aptio 4 which is what we all have found one way or another so far. Well parts of it but some programs I still have not found!

AMI is the world’s top BIOS vendor and a leader in the platform security industry because we simplify development and speed production.

Then Aptio V

AMI is the world’s top BIOS vendor and a leader in the platform security industry because we simplify development and speed production.

What I think most of us Dev types are looking for are these utilities!!!!!

AMI’s set of utilities for BIOS ROM image customization without rebuilding the firmware provide a clear advantage in reducing time and cost.

Specifically:
                  AMIBCP - The V4 version I have "seems" to work but too afraid to try it if not!
                  AMISCE - This is a MUST have and I cannot find it anywhere! I have to write to NVM using RW Everything program which is not for the faint of heart
                  AMISDE -
                  AMISLP - Don't really need this now since I know how to do it by hand but would be nice.
                  Change Logo - This is usually public! But I cannot find it
                  MMTool - The one from Aptio 4 seems to work. This is for putting drivers or modules into the BIOS!
                  DMIEdit - This would be nice to have for those that know what thy are doing.

Bob

Comment

Thanks, I'll email them both after work.
                    Randy
                    Read my BIO Here
                    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
                    Donate here

Comment

Thanks, I'll email them both after work.
                      I do have to ask though... How the HECK did they develop this box without having the BIOS tools from AMI?

Bob

Comment

Simple...they outsourced everything.
                        Randy
                        Read my BIO Here
                        Donate here

Comment

At this link https://www.ami.com/products/bios-ue...efi-utilities/ you see v5.00 at the screen-copy...
                          RK3288 Devices
                          - Overview BOX (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                          Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                          Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                          Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

I do have to ask though... How the HECK did they develop this box without having the BIOS tools from AMI?

Bob
                            I don't think they develop the pcb... wasn't it randy who wrote that pipo have to ask the pcb developer for a 64bit bios?

Ups, didn't see randys answer
                            RK3288 Devices
                            - Overview BOX (LINK !)

Comment

bios upgrade tool pipo x7

Is this what we are looking for to change the current bios?

Download BIOS upgrade file for Pipo X7 TV Box from here , here or here .  Archive content x7_msLogo_bios (3,06 MB): -...

Comment

any news guys ?

Comment

Working...
                                X