This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by albertus62 View Post
    Is this what we are looking for to change the current bios?

http://chinagadgetsreviews.blogspot....r-pipo-x7.html
    Did anyone tried this yet? This is exciting

Comment

This might be of interest

http://hardware_software.complexdoc.ru/2088861.html

BIOS Fix For Pipo W1, Cube iWork 10 And Other Intel Atom Z3740D Tablets

Comment

There is almost no chance that any of this mini pc companies will release 64bit UEFI BIOS, nor they will release 64bit UEFI Bios with Legacy boot support.

Intel Z3735F and Z3736F are SoC's made for Windows 8.1 tablets, and are not made to be used in mini PC configurations.

So, for this reason there is no real S-ATA (only some implementation usb2sata possible), nor there is gigabit ethernet, just the one usb2ethernet where maximum output is 480...

Nowdays, it is insane to have mini PC and not be able to boot OpenELEC or any Linux distro... I know there is way arround with 32bit uefi for ubuntu, but again, we spend money to buy device and not to spend days and nights to make something running on it.

Comment

Originally posted by droidelec View Post
          There is almost no chance that any of this mini pc companies will release 64bit UEFI BIOS, nor they will release 64bit UEFI Bios with Legacy boot support.

Intel Z3735F and Z3736F are SoC's made for Windows 8.1 tablets, and are not made to be used in mini PC configurations.

So, for this reason there is no real S-ATA (only some implementation usb2sata possible), nor there is gigabit ethernet, just the one usb2ethernet where maximum output is 480...

Nowdays, it is insane to have mini PC and not be able to boot OpenELEC or any Linux distro... I know there is way arround with 32bit uefi for ubuntu, but again, we spend money to buy device and not to spend days and nights to make something running on it.
          T428 ,Radxa Rock (RR), cs918s v1.0, waiting for my X7...

Comment

Originally posted by droidelec View Post
            ... just the one usb2ethernet where maximum output is 480...
            at best case ~240...
            RK3288 Devices
            - Overview BOX (LINK !)
            - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
            UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
            Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
            Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
            Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Beelink has announced three new devices based on Intel Atom Z3735F processor: Pocket P1 slim PC, Pocket P2 HDMI stick, and a mini PC simply called "Mini

Comment

Tweaking the bios settings

Has anyone tried tweaking the various bios settings for better performance?

There are a lot of options for such a small device.

Thanks

Comment

BIOS Settings AND MODDING Discussions

Originally posted by Mr Dasher View Post
                  Has anyone tried tweaking the various bios settings for better performance?

There are a lot of options for such a small device.

Thanks
                  LOL.... I guess everybody is afraid to do and try some things out.

Comment

Originally posted by wackidth View Post
                    Yea and the reason is we do not know how to recover when you screw up the BIOS settings so bad, you cannot recover!

Even I who does not give a crap if I screw up a box, am not doing it because right now..... I see no way to recover from it!

I think we will see ways to recover posted eventually as Pipo wont want to replace boxes when it is just a BIOS setting issue. But until then even I don't want to screw around too much!

Believe it or not, you can change the BIOS in ways that can lock you out of getting back into the BIOS! NOT GOOD!

Seriously right now, this reminds me of old motherboard days on the late 90's when someone could screw up a motherboard simply by changing BIOS settings! Seems we have stepped back 20 years with these new AMI BIOS on these new boxes!

Bob
                    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Originally posted by wackidth View Post
                      I modified the igp grafic settings. Gfx boost -> enabled, instead of 32 I reserved 128 mb Ram for the graphics.

Result: Prime instant video silverlight HD streaming is fluent in Internet explorer (nearly no more lags in rapid scenes).

Comment

Originally posted by Scooby-Doo View Post
                        I modified the igp grafic settings. Gfx boost -> enabled, instead of 32 I reserved 128 mb Ram for the graphics.

Result: Prime instant video silverlight HD streaming is fluent in Internet explorer (nearly no more lags in rapid scenes).

Is GFX Boost making CPU temperature faster/higher ?
                        I already have thermal trouble but I look at all optimisation for better performance ^^

Comment

Originally posted by Pelliculart View Post
                          Is GFX Boost making CPU temperature faster/higher ?
                          I already have thermal trouble but I look at all optimisation for better performance ^^
                          I tried around and this funcioned. I don´t know how, but it functions. Maybe someone else can explain it.

I like to play around with the settings. But this is for fun, I´m no professinal.

p.s.: Look in my heatsink modding threat you can cool the box to temperatures of 35° C base temp and 46° C over all cores on 100 % load in prime95 after 10 minutes. My temps are always under 50° C (ambient temperature about 22° C).

p.p.s: it functions on other machines,too.

Last edited by Scooby-Doo; 02-20-2015, 22:39.

Comment

BIOS Settings AND MODDING Discussions

I'm having troubles getting into my bios. I'm pressing delete on startup and it is not working. I am using a Logitech 400 keyboard if that has anything to do with this. Thanks for any help.

Comment

Originally posted by smokie171 View Post
                              I'm having troubles getting into my bios. I'm pressing delete on startup and it is not working. I am using a Logitech 400 keyboard if that has anything to do with this. Thanks for any help.
                              I've the Logitech K400r and it's working well, just press Delete less 1 sec after power on.
                              Maybe a trouble on your Pipo...

Comment

if yes
                                Originally posted by smokie171 View Post
                                No problem with Logitech K400r.
                                Maybe you have enabled fastboot in the bios.
                                Try this:

Don´t forget to check, if you enabled fastboot in the booting option. If yes, then disable this.

Comment

Working...
                                X