This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BIOS Settings AND MODDING Discussions

Thanks for the help. I saw those options in the control panel last night but wasn't sure whether to use them or not. I will do that now and get into the BIOS thank you. It is a k400r Logitech keyboard.

Comment

Still won't boot to the bios. Try's to display but will not. Keeps trying but nothing. Same as holding delete. Any other ideas or do I have something defective with pipo? All else is working fine.

Comment

BIOS Settings AND MODDING Discussions

I did use bob's bypass of entering password on restart of computer I bet this is affecting the startup. How can I undo this comnand.

Comment

Last edited by Scooby-Doo; 02-23-2015, 15:14. Reason: wrong entry

Comment

Originally posted by smokie171 View Post
            Still won't boot to the bios. Try's to display but will not. Keeps trying but nothing. Same as holding delete. Any other ideas or do I have something defective with pipo? All else is working fine.
            I think that maybe you are not describing your issue correctly. When you try to enter the BIOS, does your device continue to boot normally, or does it seem to halt? In the latter case, there is no problem with your device and keyboard, the device enters the BIOS correctly but your TV does not support displaying the BIOS resolution.

Comment

Bios settings, UGH!

Last edited by jetski1963; 02-24-2015, 16:51. Reason: Need to Delete

Comment

has anyone asked AMI?

Originally posted by Scooby-Doo View Post
                I modified the igp grafic settings. Gfx boost -> enabled, instead of 32 I reserved 128 mb Ram for the graphics.

Result: Prime instant video silverlight HD streaming is fluent in Internet explorer (nearly no more lags in rapid scenes).
                I did the Gfx boost ->enabled and got into windows no problem. I will increase the Ram for the graphics later today. It is a bit scary knowing that one wrong setting and POOF!! No more PIPO X7. Why can't we get a description from AMI on what the settings are/do so as not to brick these devices? When I built desktops, they did have a manual with recommended BIOS settings from AMI and all other mobo manufactures!

Comment

Originally posted by loko View Post
                  I think that maybe you are not describing your issue correctly. When you try to enter the BIOS, does your device continue to boot normally, or does it seem to halt? In the latter case, there is no problem with your device and keyboard, the device enters the BIOS correctly but your TV does not support displaying the BIOS resolution.
                  <br>
                  I think you may be right. TV I was using is 1080i, and I had the same thought about the resolution problems. I use to have these issues sometimes on minix when loading new firmware. My guess is bios is displayed in 1080p. I will test tonight. My startup definately halts. Thanks for the help. I thought windows would compensate for the resolution issues.
                  Last edited by smokie171; 03-04-2015, 03:58.

Comment

Originally posted by smokie171 View Post
                    <br>
                    I think you may be right. TV I was using is 1080i, and I had the same thought about the resolution problems. I use to have these issues sometimes on minix when loading new firmware. My guess is bios is displayed in 1080p. I will test tonight. My startup definately halts. Thanks for the help. I thought windows would compensate for the resolution issues.
                    It was the resolution. Thanks for the help.

Comment

Hi guys, I really need some help and it seems like there's a lot of BIOS experts here.

Long story but I stupidly DISABLED XHCI in the BIOS. Now I can't even get into the BIOS because all USB ports appear to have been disabled and my keyboard doesn't work. Is there a way to get into the BIOS any other way? is there a way to reset the original BIOS settings some other way?

At the moment I can still access Windows from a remote desktop connection (WIFI), however I don't want to rely on that as if something happens to my WIFI I will have absolutely no way of accessing this box.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by useless View Post
                        Hi guys, I really need some help and it seems like there's a lot of BIOS experts here.

Long story but I stupidly DISABLED XHCI in the BIOS. Now I can't even get into the BIOS because all USB ports appear to have been disabled and my keyboard doesn't work. Is there a way to get into the BIOS any other way? is there a way to reset the original BIOS settings some other way?

At the moment I can still access Windows from a remote desktop connection (WIFI), however I don't want to rely on that as if something happens to my WIFI I will have absolutely no way of accessing this box.

before i receive my X7 i learned from the forum here to not Play with BIOS as there is now Known way to reset or fix it.
                        you have a good chance to solve it if somebody find a way to rewrite the BIOS ROM from windows
                        as you can access it remotely.

how you manage to use remote desktop as win8.1 with bing (Basic) doesn't have this feature enabled
                        or you are using WIn8.1 pro ??

Comment

Yeah I should have read this forum before playing with the BIOS. It would be great if there was a way to modify the BIOS from within windows.

As for RDP, it's not part of Win 8 standard edition but there is a way to install it.

Comment

I did exactly the same thing as my ethernet is not working. I keep getting an unknown USB device.
                            Then whilst playing around with USB settings in BIOS till I managed to disable USB and not get back in.

I managed to recover by reflashing the BIOS from their website.

It comes with a batch file that runs afuwin and reflashes BIOS within windows.

After this, it defaults settings and USB keyboard works again.

Still no ethernet but coming to conclusion it is broke

Hope it works for you

Comment

Originally posted by digidog View Post

Hope it works for you
                              Phew, good man! It worked.

I'm just like you. I messed around because my ethernet kept continuously disconnecting (every second) when HDMI not plugged. I don't even use ethernet but wanted to stop it going on/off in device manager and possibly using up CPU. I'm just glad I got my kboard back. Ethernet is still screwed. Thanks again.

Comment

Phew, good man! It worked.

I'm just like you. I messed around because my ethernet kept continuously disconnecting (every second) when HDMI not plugged. I don't even use ethernet but wanted to stop it going on/off in device manager and possibly using up CPU. I'm just glad I got my kboard back. Ethernet is still screwed. Thanks again.

re install the LAN driver from Bob's Driver Pack , and it will work
                                as LAN implemented as USB to Ethernet dongle , and you disabled the USB for sometime
                                so it need to re-plugged back to the virtual USB port on the motherboard and of course this is not possible
                                so re-install the driver should solve this.

Comment

Working...
                                X