This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scropion86 View Post
    re install the LAN driver from Bob's Driver Pack , a.
    I have already done that. I don't think it's driver related. From my experience it seems to point to a POWER issue. HDMI must be providing some additional current to make it stable. Also in my case it works much better (no continuous bouncing) when I plug the device directly into the wall rather than multiple outlet power strips. Must be an inferior PSU. Anyway this is probably not the right thread for it.
    Last edited by useless; 03-05-2015, 10:58.

Comment

Originally posted by useless View Post
      I have already done that. I don't think it's driver related. From my experience it seems to point to a POWER issue. HDMI must be providing some additional current to make it stable. Also in my case it works much better (no continuous bouncing) when I plug the device directly into the wall rather than multiple outlet power strips. Must be an inferior PSU. Anyway this is probably not the right thread for it.
      If you do not need the Ethernet port at all, and it is bothering you for some reason, disable it from the Device Manager.

This is a known power saving issue, widely discussed in the following thread:

Comment

Originally posted by loko View Post
        If you do not need the Ethernet port at all, and it is bothering you for some reason, disable it from the Device Manager.
        Thanks but disabling the adapter in device manager doesn't work. It still continuously appears and disappears in the devices list.

Comment

Can someone please confirm what the actual screen resolution is set for BIOS? I cannot get it to display on my 720p TV. Is there any way to change the output resolution from within the OS or otherwise?

Comment

Originally posted by degsie View Post
            Can someone please confirm what the actual screen resolution is set for BIOS? I cannot get it to display on my 720p TV. Is there any way to change the output resolution from within the OS or otherwise?
            Bios is a world of its own depending on your TV....if your TV is smart it should be ok.
            But if not you may need to try a monitor.
            Cheers
            treboR
            Please consider
            Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Originally posted by trebor View Post
              Bios is a world of its own depending on your TV....if your TV is smart it should be ok.
              But if not you may need to try a monitor.
              Cheers
              Seems a bit of a shortcoming as this box is designed to be connected to TV's as well as monitors. A specific use case is displaying media content on your TV which I presume is what most ppl bought this for. Oh well.

Comment

Seems a bit of a shortcoming as this box is designed to be connected to TV's as well as monitors. A specific use case is displaying media content on your TV which I presume is what most ppl bought this for. Oh well.
                Yes you are correct but this is the first run of this type of device.
                All they can do is learn and hopefully get it right next time, what can you do, it is what it is.
                Its a Windows its DOS, works on my Sony, and many others.

Do you blame the maker of your TV because it cant read all that is presented to it
                or the maker of the device you are tying to use.
                Cheers
                treboR
                Please consider
                Donating to Freaktab

Comment

I don't know which resolution the BIOS use/supports, but if it isn't able to support 720p/1080i, I have to say, I have to blame the manufacture of the box(es) and not of the TV(s), because HDready is also a "state of the art" standard (no one can demand that you also update you TV if you buy a box)...
                  RK3288 Devices
                  - Overview BOX (LINK !)
                  - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                  UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
                  Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                  Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                  Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

In my 27" LG TV/Monitor, I get a 1920x1080@60Hz BIOS resolution. I don't know if this happens because my TV/Monitor lists that it supports this as its maximum resolution, or if this resolution is factory preconfigured and cannot be adjusted.

Comment

Originally posted by Scooby-Doo View Post
                      I modified the igp grafic settings. Gfx boost -> enabled, instead of 32 I reserved 128 mb Ram for the graphics.

Result: Prime instant video silverlight HD streaming is fluent in Internet explorer (nearly no more lags in rapid scenes).

Tried applying the gfx boost and upping the graphic memory to 256. This resulted in the Netflix windows app no longer displaying videos in HD. Upon returning back to factory settings videos in Netflix were displayed correctly. I noticed no really improvements in graphic performance wise. Popcorn time was still unable to display HD video without stuttering without an external player vlc.

Comment

Originally posted by ngoal View Post
                        Tried applying the gfx boost and upping the graphic memory to 256. This resulted in the Netflix windows app no longer displaying videos in HD. Upon returning back to factory settings videos in Netflix were displayed correctly. I noticed no really improvements in graphic performance wise. Popcorn time was still unable to display HD video without stuttering without an external player vlc.

I got the same trouble with Popcorn Time, how can you export to VLC player popcorn time videos ? Because I want to get these stuttering down ^^

Comment

Go the popcorn time issue as well but was easy to tackle.

1. Install latest vlc media player
                          2. launch popcorntime and before you hit "watch now" button you will see next to it an arrow, if you click it gives you the option to stream on VLC.

works flawless!

Comment

Just a quick update on this. I made one simple change on my Blaupunkt 720p TV and that was to change the aspect ratio to 'PointToPoint' and I can now see the bios screen
                            I guess this to match pixel to pixel resolution. It also improved on-screen text which was a little fuzzy before the change. Might help someone.

Comment

I've been trying to read through everything but a bit of items are unclear. What is currently known as being safe to adjust and to what settings? Why might I want to make those tweaks? I am curious to make this machine run as smoothly as possible. I am using it as an RDP unit that is connected to some of my aquarium controller stuff and I need to be able to use Notepad++ and some other small tools. Everything seems okay for now but if I can get it to blazing speeds I would love to know.

Currently I have not entered the BIOS for fear of destruction.

Comment

Only confirmed as being safe/secure is this one at the moment: http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...ht-performance
                                RK3288 Devices
                                - Overview BOX (LINK !)
                                - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                                UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
                                Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                                Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                                Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Working...
                                X