No announcement yet.

English Language Recovery USB Disk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there any chance in the world that this would work for voyo mini pc as well? It could be the same file that has to be replaced, right?

Comment

Originally posted by blinkone View Post
      Got it now thanks Bob, I made the recovery usb stick following your instructions. I go into sources to rename boot.wim to oldboot

but there is no boot.wim in sources there is only the below items in sources
      $PBR_Diskpart
      $PBR_ResetConfig
      install.swm1
      install.swm2
      install.swm3
      You need to set "view" in windows to not hide system protected files.
      (oops, I see it's already been said; my bad)
      Last edited by RoadToad; 03-06-2015, 09:34. Reason: duh.....

Comment

Originally posted by gkool View Post
        Is there any chance in the world that this would work for voyo mini pc as well? It could be the same file that has to be replaced, right?
        I'm just testing it and it seems that it doesn't. It get stuck at "Resetting your PC 1%" and that's it...
        I'm just going to take pictures of the options, put back the original boot.wim and choose the chinese equivalent.

UPDATE: I just put back the original boot.wim file and following the pictures of the english version I chose to reset the pc and the partitions. Lets cross fingers...
        Last edited by Kiavik; 03-08-2015, 20:57.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiavik View Post

UPDATE: I just put back the original boot.wim file and following the pictures of the english version I chose to reset the pc and the partitions. Lets cross fingers...
          How has it gone? I am still waiting for voyo to arrive but it seems that pipo has so much more support from the community...

Comment

Originally posted by gkool View Post
            How has it gone? I am still waiting for voyo to arrive but it seems that pipo has so much more support from the community...
            I think the PIPO has more support because it's a bit older, the Voyo is brand new but they have alot in common.
            I managed to reinstall windows on my Voyo, here you can find more: http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...ery-media-test
            One thing is sure: the recovery partition is corrupt or my media got corrupt while creating it.

Comment

I'm a Chinese but for some reason.
              I got a English version PIPO X7, and it's single language version..
              Can anyone upload a chinese version boot.wim for me?
              I'll be really grateful for your help..

Comment

The download does not work. Is it possible to post a new link?

Comment

We had a problem with the server, now it should work again (I only started the download)...
                  RK3288 Devices
                  - Overview BOX (LINK !)
                  - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                  UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
                  Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                  Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                  Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

apply same procedure dual boot Pipo X7S?
                    i apply this procedure dual boot Pipo X7S but i can't dind boot.wim in sources folder.

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                    Hey folks. So as I am playing around and using the recovery disk to restore, have the recovery menus in Chinese when booting from a recovery USB stick is terrible! Even when it boots and you select US English, the menus are still in Chinese. This is because of the DLL's and other stuff being made from a Chinese build.

So I got fed up and fixed it! Now you can have an English recovery drive.

First you should have made a recovery USB drive per my instructions here:

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...th-the-Pipo-X7

Download this this ZIP:

http://www.freak-tab.de/finless/pipox7_boot.wim_en.zip

Instructions:

1) Unzip this and you will have a file called boot.wim
                    2) Stick your recovery disk you made into your PC and open it.
                    3) Go to the sources folder and rename boot.wim to boot.old
                    This is so you have the original if needed.
                    4) Copy the boot.wim from this zip into the sources folder.
                    5) Now use your PC and EJECT the USB drive. This is important so you do not corrupt it.

That's it! Now when you boot your recovery drive it will be in English

Enjoy,
                    Bob

Comment

Originally posted by ilkertr View Post
                      apply same procedure dual boot Pipo X7S?
                      i apply this procedure dual boot Pipo X7S but i can't dind boot.wim in sources folder.
                      Maybe because of the same
                      Originally posted by blinkone View Post

Just made another recovery usb disk Bob,, Copy Recovery box ticked,
                      i used a 8GB usb stick done the recovery with no errors the recovery takes up 5.3GB

still the same there is no boot.wim

sources folder
                      $PBR_Diskpart
                      $PBR_ResetConfig
                      install.swm1
                      install.swm2
                      install.swm3

In the recovery usb stick i made iv got a
                      boot (folder)
                      efi (folder)
                      sources (folder)
                      bootmgr
                      bootmgr.efi
                      reagent

Arrrr now I see it,, I had to untick hide protected operating system files.

Sorry for being a pain :-)

RK3288 Devices
                      - Overview BOX (LINK !)
                      - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                      UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
                      Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                      Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                      Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Working...
                      X