This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Trhuster View Post
    The only thing did change in bios is grafic boost to on. Anyway, i don't know why mine is so much hotter then average so i put an old fan on the heatsink and now it is good enough for me. Temp is now 60c, but i need to cut out a hole in the case to fit pcb back into it's place.

PS! I took this picture when fans spinning full speed, impressive camera!

Did you change the power supply?

Maybe you have malfunction in your PMIC or a very bad cpu!

Comment

Originally posted by Scooby-Doo View Post
      Did you change the power supply?

Maybe you have malfunction in your PMIC or a very bad cpu!
      No i don't have any other powersupply to test with. But seems to work good now, i cut out a hole in the case and still 60c after around 1 hour.

Got steady 12.4V when measured power input with a voltmeter.

Now i just need to print out a cover for the fan and start using the box instead off modding all the time.

Comment

No i don't have any other powersupply to test with. But seems to work good now, i cut out a hole in the case and still 60c after around 1 hour.

Got steady 12.4V when measured power input with a voltmeter.

Now i just need to print out a cover for the fan and start using the box instead off modding all the time.
        You show us the way of a viking.

Comment

You show us the way of a viking.
          This is final result. Working well enogh for me. Mabey not the best looking mod in the world but it is ok for me.

Comment

maybe not under warranty

Comment

This is final result. Working well enogh for me. Mabey not the best looking mod in the world but it is ok for me.

Thank you for realizing this very similar to my previous proposed (#122) setup. Good realization.

Comment

Thank you for realizing this very similar to my previous proposed (#122) setup. Good realization.
                I had no choise really, to hot needed fan.

Comment

I had no choise really, to hot needed fan.
                  Some guys have problems with mainboard Re. 1.3, wich you have, too.
                  I have Rev. 1.2. Maybe your temp problem has something to do with that.

Comment

Some guys have problems with mainboard Re. 1.3, wich you have, too.
                    I have Rev. 1.2. Maybe your temp problem has something to do with that.

Please, how can we check that ? (any picture ?)
                    Thank you !

EDIT : ok maybe I've find it on my motherboard, is it that ?

So I've rev 1.3 here or what ?
                    Last edited by Pelliculart; 02-23-2015, 16:46.

Comment

Yes.

Comment

I notice the boards say 5F, not 6F?

Comment

Originally posted by portezbie View Post
                          I notice the boards say 5F, not 6F?
                          Says Z3735F - for CPU type of the mainboard. But Z3735f is plugged.

Comment

Originally posted by loko View Post
                            You will open the device, unscrew the PCB, remove the metal plate, remove the black adhesive from the metal plate, clean the metal plate with alcohol, mix two equal parts of the two tubes of Arctic Alumina Thermal Adhesive and use it to attach at least 4 or even all 10 heatsinks on the metal plate, being careful to attach them according to the right airflow direction, parallel to the long side, let it dry, put one piece of Phobya XT 1mm thermal pad on the processor, one on the power unit and a long one on the memory chips, and replace the metal plate. It will be better if before closing the device you put a piece of a 5mm thermal pad on the other side of the processor and the power unit. You do not need the thermal paste.
                            Does the 5mm thermal pad have to be 5W/mK types or could it be the cheap **** thermal pads?

With my X7 after watching youtube for a while my x7 throttles like crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by jake123 View Post
                              Does the 5mm thermal pad have to be 5W/mK types or could it be the cheap **** thermal pads?

With my X7 after watching youtube for a while my x7 throttles like crazy.
                              The more W/mK, the better. I used 7/mK

Comment

The more W/mK, the better. I used 7/mK
                                I think it's the other way around. The lower value the better heat dissipation. Because i was asking myself why all the heatsinks with lower value were more expensive than the ones with higher value. And the value points to the resistance. Lesser resistance the heat "flows" trough > more resistance slower heat dissipation.

But i'm not a scientist, only my thoughts.

Comment

Working...
                                X