X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by portezbie View Post
    Sorry not following you.
    If you look at this picture

(Source: http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7523/1...21eb6f769b.jpg)
    I would replace the pads there with some with much better/higher W/mK because I think pipo use cheap ones with maybe 1 - 1.5 W/mK...
    Because of the CPU I would use pads with only adhesive film at one side...

Also I wouldn't use the paste but a thin pad as replacement at the heatsinks (because I think they also use cheap pads at this kind of cheap "baby" heatsinks with also worse W/mK) and here of course with adhesive film at both sides...
    RK3288 Devices
    - Overview BOX (LINK !)
    - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
    UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
    Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
    Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
    Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
      I would replace the pads there with some with much better/higher W/mK because I think pipo use cheap ones with maybe 1 - 1.5 W/mK...
      Because of the CPU I would use pads with only adhesive film at one side...

Also I wouldn't use the paste but a thin pad as replacement at the heatsinks (because I think they also use cheap pads at this kind of cheap "baby" heatsinks with also worse W/mK) and here of course with adhesive film at both sides...
      I guess this is hard to follow because I don't have the device yet. So under the metal plate it already has thermal pads to transfer heat from the cpu to the metal plate, and you are saying that you recommend replacing those pads with higher quality ones, is that correct?

Now I thought scooby doo, recommended attaching additional finned heatsinks to the metal plate for additional heat dissipation, and that I would need adhesive thermal paste for that. Are you saying that instead of paste you would recommend attaching additional heatsinks with thermal pads that have adhesive on both sides? I guess I don't really follow this:

Do you have links for any of these things? I really have no idea what to buy now.

This sounded simple at first but I think this may be beyond my abilities...

Comment

I just thought about a probably better solution. Grab some copper pad having the same dimensions as the cpu silicone pad, especially the same height, permanently attach it on the internal side of the included heatsing, exactly where the cpu silicone pad exists, using a thin layer of thermal adhesive compound, and apply a thin layer of plain thermal compound over the cpu to achieve the best possible contact. After that, you can attach 10 mini heatsinks on the external side of the included heatsing using thermal adhesive compound.

Do you have links for any of these things? I really have no idea what to buy now.
        Check my previous post.

Comment

I used the low heatsink from an Xbox360 they are 14.5 mm high and cut it to 70*49 mm

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20150202_083130.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	183.3 KB
ID:	437011Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20150202_083237.jpg
Size:	186.3 KB
ID:	437012Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20150202_083446.jpg
Size:	187.3 KB
ID:	437013Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20150202_083521.jpg
Size:	186.0 KB
ID:	437014

Comment

Originally posted by vbg69 View Post
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]10181[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]10182[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]10183[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]10184[/ATTACH]
              so after you fix this big Heatsink
              what is the temperature reading Min and Max
              with processor High load

Comment

Looks great!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]10181[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]10182[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]10183[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]10184[/ATTACH]
                Temps?

Look at the picture to improve the machine a little bit more.

Comment

Actually for the time being i have so much trouble with overscan issue, that i dont have the patience to work with the X7.

Comment

No-overscan-mode

Actually for the time being i have so much trouble with overscan issue, that i dont have the patience to work with the X7.
                    My LEDTV has a "no-overscan-mode" - so it shows everything correct. Maybe you look into the manual of your TV.

Comment

Cpu 0-3 min 45-46°C max 65-66°C
                      Gt min 44°C max 64°C

With HW monitor

Comment

I just ordered some heat sinks that I think will work and thermal adhesive.

Question: I see the metal plate has holes in it and I've never used thermal adhesive before and I'm worried about it getting in those holes.

Am I worrying over nothing or do I need to avoid getting adhesive in them?

Comment

I just ordered some heat sinks that I think will work and thermal adhesive.

Question: I see the metal plate has holes in it and I've never used thermal adhesive before and I'm worried about it getting in those holes.

Am I worrying over nothing or do I need to avoid getting adhesive in them?
                          1. You can take of the metal plate, fix the hetsinks on the plate. And after everything is dry you return the plate.

Look here, how to take it off: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiVGXj9F2ew#t=759

2. You can fix the heatsinks directly on the surface af the chips without the metal plate.

Important: Use only a small drop of the thermal adhesive and smear with the plastic reusable mixing wand over the heatsink surface. It must be a ultra thin layer. Than fix them, so that no drops can fall beside of the chips on the mainboard.

Sorry for my bad English.

Comment

Originally posted by Scooby-Doo View Post
                            1. You can take of the metal plate, fix the hetsinks on the plate. And after everything is dry you return the plate.

Look here, how to take it off: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiVGXj9F2ew#t=759

2. You can fix the heatsinks directly on the surface af the chips without the metal plate.

Important: Use only a small drop of the thermal adhesive and smear with the plastic reusable mixing wand over the heatsink surface. It must be a ultra thin layer. Than fix them, so that no drops can fall beside of the chips on the mainboard.

keine probleme , English or Deutsch
                            you are help and support others , and not all of us here our mother tongue is English
                            you are the main contributor here for Heatsink modding.

Comment

Originally posted by Scooby-Doo View Post

Thanks!

I think I will try affixing the heatsinks to the metal plate, applying them directly to the chips scares me.

What thickness is the thermal pad covering the chips? Would .5mm replacement pad work? Or should I try replacing them with copper?
                              Last edited by portezbie; 02-10-2015, 15:59.

Comment

Thanks!

I think I will try affixing the heatsinks to the metal plate, applying them directly to the chips scares me.

What thickness is the thermal pad covering the chips? Would .5mm replacement pad work? Or should I try replacing them with copper?
                                You have to try. Copper is a better heat conductor.

For me I ordered some small copper platelets because I planned to change the small blue pads with them and I want to place some over the ram chips, too, because they have no contact with the heatsink arrangement.

Comment

Working...
                                X