X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

???

Originally posted by sogoku_vn View Post
    The blue pad is plastic, it doesn't conduct heat, BUT keep heat. So I remove it and add double side thermal tape 3M 468MP, heatsink. I will update pictures latter.
    Wich blue plastic do you mean?

Maybe you read the link in post 11.

Most thermal adhesives are silicone!
    Last edited by Scooby-Doo; 01-26-2015, 07:30.

Comment

@ scooby-doo

during prime @ 50°C how much cpu clock speed did you get? can you remember or check this, please?

Comment

Originally posted by Scooby-Doo View Post
        Wich blue plastic do you mean?

Maybe you read the link in post 11.

Most thermal adhesives are silicone!
        My mistakes. Thanks.

Comment

clock speed

Originally posted by josef View Post
          @ scooby-doo

during prime @ 50°C how much cpu clock speed did you get? can you remember or check this, please?
          Hardware Monitor showed about 1600 Mhz (1596 exactly), with prime. It wasn´t possible to force higher core speeds. But other programms can´t do that, too. Maybe its a problem of the bios, where the clock speed is defined with 1,33 Ghz (no possibility to change it). 2 Ghz permanently wasn´t possible, only short peak frequencies > 2 Ghz.
          Maybe the guys of the bios threat will find a solution for that problem.

Comment

Hello,

Now you have done your heat modding you couldn't try a 1080 stream, pref a blu Ray disk?

many thanks

j

Comment

Hardware Monitor showed about 1600 Mhz (1596 exactly), with prime. It wasn´t possible to force higher core speeds. But other programms can´t do that, too. Maybe its a problem of the bios, where the clock speed is defined with 1,33 Ghz (no possibility to change it). 2 Ghz permanently wasn´t possible, only short peak frequencies > 2 Ghz.
              Think the Turbo boost depends on how many Cores are active doesn't it? If Prime is using all cores then they won't Turbo boost, but if it uses only one (and nothing else much is using the others), then it will ramp up the speed of that core because it knows that the other cores are idle and not generating heat as much

Comment

???

Originally posted by noggin View Post
                Think the Turbo boost depends on how many Cores are active doesn't it? If Prime is using all cores then they won't Turbo boost, but if it uses only one (and nothing else much is using the others), then it will ramp up the speed of that core because it knows that the other cores are idle and not generating heat as much
                Nice explanation, but I had 100 % on all 4 cores.

To bigman1:
                1080p Streaming is less interesting, because it uses less than 40 % cpu. The temperature on all cores is about 45° C.

For all the critics:
                The important Thing is, that I never ever got a temperature maximum over 50 - 53° C past two weeks, even alter 6 hours prime instant video streaming, three hours HD gaming.

I wanted to give an example, how easy you can mod this box. I think you can mod it better, with better heatsink. Lower the temperature more with aircooling or better watercooling and so on.

What I wish is the feedback of the guys who have realized other or better modding ways, to optimize the box even a bit more. This would be interesting, especially if someone finds a way to overclock it.

P.s.: The big advantage of the cooling pad is, that the box has an alu case. Before I put the Pad the case was very cold even after hours of playing around with it. But the cpu had up to 80 ° C.
                Now the case gets warm and the cpu keeps cool between 40 and 50 ° C.

Comment

According to a post by Gearbest on another thread Pipo have paused production of the X7 at the moment. I can't help wondering if this is to implement some design mods? Perhaps one to improve cooling?????

Comment

Originally posted by .oOo. View Post
                    According to a post by Gearbest on another thread Pipo have paused production of the X7 at the moment. I can't help wondering if this is to implement some design mods? Perhaps one to improve cooling?????
                    Or the Windows 8.1 with Bing and Office 365 bundle that appears very much to be a Tablet version (when I registered mine it definitely talked about a tablet...) has been clamped down on by MS?

Comment

FYI

http://www.****.ca/itm/100mm-x100mm-...item3a9db1ad34
                      T428 ,Radxa Rock (RR), cs918s v1.0, waiting for my X7...

Comment

Congrats,

very goog price, but delivery time to Germany is very long.

I didn´t want to wait. For those people with patience it´s a very good deal.

They can mod the box low cost.

Comment

Originally posted by .oOo. View Post
                          That´s very possible. I was in contact with pipo support, because I had freeces. I wrote them what I did to solve the problem. Maybe they improve the box.
                          But those with the early box can improve easily.

Comment

A Chinese **** seller has the 100x100x5MM for $7.69 US, they have a good record. They have sizes from .5 to 5 mm

http://www.****.ca/itm/1pcs-100mm-0-...item3a9ca056bb

Comment

I add a old CPU fan notebook and heatsink like Scoop-Doo. I test stress 100% CPU by Prime95 and temp : 45C, core: 51C after 30 minutes. Before modding temp: 60C, core: 80C after 10 minutes CPU stress
                              Pic

Comment

Maybe chinese used Z3735F ??? i would kill them then

Comment

Working...
                                X