This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scooby-Doo View Post
    That´s very possible. I was in contact with pipo support, because I had freeces. I wrote them what I did to solve the problem. Maybe they improve the box.
    But those with the early box can improve easily.
    china never improves anything, all they do is poluting the world to make new crap every month to make americans and rest of the "technology freaks" happy.
    EVERY time the story si the same- BIG promo how stuff is super duper great..people presales it, then tey neve rget stock... waiting months...after months waiting people getting full of bugs products, which manufacturer always says - we will fix it...and never does..

Comment

Originally posted by tommix View Post
      china never improves anything, all they do is poluting the world to make new crap every month to make americans and rest of the "technology freaks" happy.
      EVERY time the story si the same- BIG promo how stuff is super duper great..people presales it, then tey neve rget stock... waiting months...after months waiting people getting full of bugs products, which manufacturer always says - we will fix it...and never does..

Originally Posted by noggin
      Think that is multithreaded - so you wouldn't expect it to hit the highest Burst clock rates as all cores will be running at max. Burst is there for single threaded stuff that run on a single core. If you stress all 4 cores at the same time you can't run at max Burst - as it would make the processor too hot. (Burst works by letting one core get hot because the others aren't AIUI)

I stress single core and win shows 2.09 Ghz and stress 4 core, cpu clock is 1.55 Ghz. Now I understand. Thanks

Comment

Here are some useful pictures for disassembling http://www.minimachines.net/a-la-une...low-cost-25383
        RK3288 Devices
        - Overview BOX (LINK !)
        - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
        UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
        Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
        Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
        Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Thank U

Originally posted by sogoku_vn View Post
          Originally Posted by noggin
          Think that is multithreaded - so you wouldn't expect it to hit the highest Burst clock rates as all cores will be running at max. Burst is there for single threaded stuff that run on a single core. If you stress all 4 cores at the same time you can't run at max Burst - as it would make the processor too hot. (Burst works by letting one core get hot because the others aren't AIUI)

I stress single core and win shows 2.09 Ghz and stress 4 core, cpu clock is 1.55 Ghz. Now I understand. Thanks
          Me, too.

Comment

I add a old CPU fan notebook and heatsink like Scoop-Doo. I test stress 100% CPU by Prime95 and temp : 45C, core: 51C after 30 minutes. Before modding temp: 60C, core: 80C after 10 minutes CPU stress
            Pic

How did you get the fan to power on (looks like you soldered @ 2 diff places? Im interested in doing something similiar

Comment

I add a old CPU fan notebook and heatsink like Scoop-Doo. I test stress 100% CPU by Prime95 and temp : 45C, core: 51C after 30 minutes. Before modding temp: 60C, core: 80C after 10 minutes CPU stress
              Pic
              that's very good , i am still not received main yet
              can you check if the below Fan with heat sink will fit inside on the Chips cover
              the dimensions is Dimension: ~5.5(L) x 5.5(W) x 1.2(H)cm and the price is 4.75$

Comment

Originally posted by scropion86 View Post
                can you check if the below Fan with heat sink will fit inside on the Chips cover

http://www.amazon.com/Copper-Plated-...7F30JQNX32XGDD

Looks like a nice heatsink but how do you plan on securing it to the board? Deosnt look like there are mounting holes like a regular mobo

Comment

Originally posted by alwaysbless View Post
                  How did you get the fan to power on (looks like you soldered @ 2 diff places? Im interested in doing something similiar
                  I soldered Gnd Fan(Black) to GND mainboard and Vcc Fan (Red) to USB Vcc +5V. If Fan is very noise , you should solder a diode, Vcc Usb -> diode -> Vcc Fan. I will update pic later
                  Originally posted by scropion86 View Post
                  Yes, I have it but It does not fit with box, I mean It's taller than box. Sorry my English

Comment

I soldered Gnd Fan(Black) to GND mainboard and Vcc Fan (Red) to USB Vcc +5V. If Fan is very noise , you should solder a diode, Vcc Usb -> diode -> Vcc Fan. I will update pic later

Yes, I have it but It does not fit with box, I mean It's taller than box. Sorry my English
                    taller in length and width you mean maybe , but the height is 12 mm les than the heatsink that you fix it

Comment

Do you think these heatsinks would work? The price is nice and I like that they are self-adhesive.

Comment

Or these: 15-Pcs-Pure-Copper-Heatsink-Cooling-Fin-Kit-For-Raspberry-Pi ? - cheaper with delivery to UK

Comment

behind the power jack on the board is that a spot for a fan header I see or what?

Comment

An other cheap tuning

Hi guys,

in my setup the case functions as alu cooler. To support that I bought the following cheap double port usb cooler:

The results are very good. The base temperature is lowered. After stress the cpu goes rapidly back to low temperatures.

See the pics.

Attached Files

Comment

These heatsinks are 15mm tall. Do they fit when reassembling the PCB? What is the maximum available height for heatsinks? Would that be possible to place 20mm tall heatsinks?

It would also be better if you left some space between these heatsinks. Guessing from the pictures provided, you could even place 10 of them, since there is enough space available.

Originally posted by portezbie View Post
                              Do you think these heatsinks would work? The price is nice and I like that they are self-adhesive.

http://www.amazon.com/XBRdepot-Self-...=15mm+heatsink
                              These heatsinks are just 9mm tall. You should probably find 15mm tall ones.

Originally posted by tonyk3 View Post
                              Or these: 15-Pcs-Pure-Copper-Heatsink-Cooling-Fin-Kit-For-Raspberry-Pi ? - cheaper with delivery to UK
                              These heatsinks are made from copper, but they are only 5mm tall. They are obviously worse than all other options recommended.

Comment

I'm curious, has anyone tested the temps without modding? What kind of temps does this get without modding?

Edit: Nvm, I found it.

Comment

Working...
                                X