gearbest...can they be trusted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gearbest...can they be trusted

i ordered 1 pipo x7 presale at gearbest 18. january, and on there site they wrote it was in stock 22.january, and at this moment nothing at gearbest shop says presale anymore, so it must be in stock??? but they are not shipping my box, though they have charged my account ,here is my correspondens with customor service
    Ticket: T43156227752
    Order Number: WW'''''''''''****
    Message Type: After-sale Order Enquiries /Order Tracking
    Subject: dispatch
    Ticket Status: Processing
    Full Name: poul erik thomassen
    Gearbest Customer Support  At :01/26/2015 08:02:01 PM
    Dear poul erik,
    Thank you so much for the order you have placed .
    The item 116299507 your ordered is on backorder,and it will be avalible around Feb 4th, please wait for few more days.

We want to take this opportunity to thank you for your cooperation and understanding.
    Best Regards
    Stevan
    poul erik thomassen  At :01/27/2015 12:04:16 AM
    i dont understand your online shop still selling this item as it is in stock
    Gearbest Customer Support  At :01/27/2015 01:39:25 AM
    Dear poul erik,
    Thanks for your reply.
    Sincerely sorry about the delay.
    because the Chinese spring festival is coming the factory is busy in processing the items, so it take more days to process, pleasse wait for few more days.
    We want to take this opportunity to thank you for your cooperation and understanding.
    Best Regards
    Stevan
    poul erik thomassen  At :01/27/2015 03:22:54 PM
    the item is still at your online shop as in stock and what have the spring festival in februar to do with production in this moment you charged my acount and expect shipping because of this,,,,, you must do your part of the deal, like i did mine by ordering and paying

Originally posted by poul50 View Post
    i ordered 1 pipo x7 presale at gearbest 18. january, and on there site they wrote it was in stock 22.january, and at this moment nothing at gearbest shop says presale anymore, so it must be in stock??? but they are not shipping my box, though they have charged my account ,here is my correspondens with customor service
    Ticket: T43156227752
    Order Number: WW'''''''''''****
    Message Type: After-sale Order Enquiries /Order Tracking
    Subject: dispatch
    Ticket Status: Processing
    Full Name: poul erik thomassen
    Gearbest Customer Support  At :01/26/2015 08:02:01 PM
    Dear poul erik,
    Thank you so much for the order you have placed .
    The item 116299507 your ordered is on backorder,and it will be avalible around Feb 4th, please wait for few more days.

Best Regards
    Stevan
    poul erik thomassen  At :01/27/2015 12:04:16 AM
    i dont understand your online shop still selling this item as it is in stock
    Gearbest Customer Support  At :01/27/2015 01:39:25 AM
    Dear poul erik,
    Thanks for your reply.
    Sincerely sorry about the delay.
    because the Chinese spring festival is coming the factory is busy in processing the items, so it take more days to process, pleasse wait for few more days.
    Best Regards
    Stevan
    poul erik thomassen  At :01/27/2015 03:22:54 PM
    the item is still at your online shop as in stock and what have the spring festival in februar to do with production in this moment you charged my acount and expect shipping because of this,,,,, you must do your part of the deal, like i did mine by ordering and paying
    I'm wondering the same.... I purchased 3 units and my card was charged two weeks ago.

I live in the US and I've purchased lots of items from China. In every case, the items were shipped to my door steps FAST. This is the first time I've ever had an issue like this.

The worse part is Gearbest won't clarify why they charged our cards and didn't deliver the items as their policy states on their website. At the least, this is a very bad Business Practice and I hope it doesn't get any worse....

Comment

Gearbest replied to me with a different story... They are now saying 3-10 days for delivery...

(Do they think we don't talk to each other?)

Comment

I ordered mine from Gearbest on January 8th, toward the end of their presale period. I received a shipping notice on the 16th with a DHL tracking number (I chose expedited shipping). It took a couple of days for the tracking number to populate, but it did ship and I was able to follow progress on DHL. It was delivered on Jan 22nd, and is sitting on my desk now, so I have no issues with this seller. I will also say that it was well packaged with lots of bubble-wrap.

You have to be patient with these Chinese sellers, especially if you're not used to waiting 3+ days after they generate a tracking number. If you saved the $5 and chose the standard shipping, you'll need to be even more patient. It's also possible they sold out their initial allotment and are waiting for more, though they should certainly notify you of a delay or offer you a refund.

Originally posted by Dawgneck View Post
        I'm wondering the same.... I purchased 3 units and my card was charged two weeks ago.

I live in the US and I've purchased lots of items from China. In every case, the items were shipped to my door steps FAST. This is the first time I've ever had an issue like this.

The worse part is Gearbest won't clarify why they charged our cards and didn't deliver the items as their policy states on their website. At the least, this is a very bad Business Practice and I hope it doesn't get any worse....

Comment

gearbest is great

I personally use gearbest on a weekly basis and from all the sellers I have used I can honestly say they have been great. I've even had a few problems that eventually they did take care about of. You have to understand that the x7 is a hot item right now and they probably can't keep up with demand although I agree they should have told you. Just be patient you will get your x7. Remember its coming from China. Gearbest is my go to shop.

Comment

Well, I'm glad to read a few good posts about Gearbest. Hopefully they'll work on making thing right for those of us who were skipped over.

Of course, if they had just waited until they had the items to ship to us before charging our cards, we wouldn't be voicing our concerns here....

Comment

They don't charge your card. You put all your info in and the rest is automatic. You can ask for a refund. I have never waited more then a couple of hours to receive a refund. They never hassle me for that. Also you can place an order without paying. But of course I'm sure they fulfill the oldest paid orders first.

Comment

Not defending them, just thought we would say everything we have ordered from them has arrived on time with no issues and we ordered a fair bit.
                Team UX
                http://www.ultimatexbmc.com/

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...-ULTIMATE-XBMC

Comment

they're OK..

Yes they are to be trusted. The Pipo is simply not in stock, they took advantage of the community excitement but the supplier could not meet the demands. (relatively low as they are)

I canceled my preorder because I went for a cheap chinese "nuc" at double the price while another package is on its way from gearbest and dispatched in a timely manner.

The refund was made in 24 hours and 2 days later the money were already in my account.

Comment

ok maybe they are out of stock, but why is that not adverticed on online shop, i dont mind waiting, shit happens, but i demand to be informed....... by the way here in EU sellers dont charge your account before shipping

Comment

Originally posted by doublea View Post
                      I ordered mine from Gearbest on January 8th, toward the end of their presale period. I received a shipping notice on the 16th with a DHL tracking number (I chose expedited shipping). It took a couple of days for the tracking number to populate, but it did ship and I was able to follow progress on DHL. It was delivered on Jan 22nd, and is sitting on my desk now, so I have no issues with this seller. I will also say that it was well packaged with lots of bubble-wrap.

You have to be patient with these Chinese sellers, especially if you're not used to waiting 3+ days after they generate a tracking number. If you saved the $5 and chose the standard shipping, you'll need to be even more patient. It's also possible they sold out their initial allotment and are waiting for more, though they should certainly notify you of a delay or offer you a refund.
                      I ordered mine on the 9th of January, a silver X7. On the 21st I received an email that they have processed my authorized payment and they will move forward into processing and carefully checking and packaging my order, and it will be shipped out within 3 to 5 days. Since then nothing... I choose standard shipping. My order is still processing...

Did you order a black or a silver X7?

Comment

By choice probably. By not showing the real stock you lose some and you win some./

I don't see either why they charge the paypal account right away. Especially since PayPal keeps the funds for a significant time. I also read reports about double charging when pre-ordering through paypal, this could be a reason. I liked that the refund was fast.

Comment

Same thing is happening to me with geekbuying smh. I ordered 2 weeks ago and they keep saying oh its gonna ship this week but it doesnt - The latest updated is next week now -___-. I wouldnt be surprised if geekbuying and gearbeast are the same co. running under 2 diff names.

Comment

Black

Originally posted by jg77 View Post
                            I ordered mine on the 9th of January, a silver X7. On the 21st I received an email that they have processed my authorized payment and they will move forward into processing and carefully checking and packaging my order, and it will be shipped out within 3 to 5 days. Since then nothing... I choose standard shipping. My order is still processing...

Did you order a black or a silver X7?

Comment

It's the same story for me. Pre ordered, money wasn't transferred until end of the presale. It isn't shipped yet. So I'm eagerly waiting. I'm trusting them since many on this forum are using it. Guess I'll just have to wait...

Comment

Working...
                              X