Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• azogh
    replied
    I have the same problem, I've installed don't sleep but wired connection still disconnects.

Any idea to solve?

Leave a comment:

• lifeisfun
    replied
    Confirmed, this will keep your x7 wake permanently.

Leave a comment:

• lifeisfun
    replied
    Originally posted by wackidth View Post
    When the Pipo is busy. It doesn't cut of the Ethernet port.
    I tried with a stress test program. Where you could stress. RAM, Hdd, CPU and GPU.
    Run them separately at 100% and plugged out the Hdmi. The Lan leds were still on.... When idle it goes off.
    You can try to run Dontsleep, that should keep it wake
    Tom's Guide upgrades your life by helping you decide what tech to buy, showing you how to get the most out of it and solving problems as they arise. Tom's Guide is here to help you....

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    When the Pipo is busy. It doesn't cut of the Ethernet port.
    I tried with a stress test program. Where you could stress. RAM, Hdd, CPU and GPU.
    Run them separately at 100% and plugged out the Hdmi. The Lan leds were still on.... When idle it goes off.

Leave a comment:

• lifeisfun
    replied
    Originally posted by loko View Post
    I do not think that we have tried almost everything here. We speak theoretically, so we are just guessing about things, which could probably be even irrelevant to the problem. I believe that there is no point for further guessing. Based on past experience, I am quite positive that when I will get the device, I will probably find a solution in less than 5 minutes.
    I did not touch my x7 for over 12 hours and even with the never turn off screen enabled it was in sleep when I turned on my TV today. After moving mouse it turned on with lock screen. Had to swipe uup to get it back to desk top. I bet that is the problem, since the red LED stayed on but network was down. This is the firs time it happened, otherwise it's working even with the HDMI unplugged.

Leave a comment:

• loko
    replied
    I do not think that we have tried almost everything here. We speak theoretically, so we are just guessing about things, which could probably be even irrelevant to the problem. I believe that there is no point for further guessing. Based on past experience, I am quite positive that when I will get the device, I will probably find a solution in less than 5 minutes.

Leave a comment:

• scropion86
    replied
    i think we tried almost every thing here

the only thing we didn't try is modifying the Driver and disable the Power saving Mode
    and this need a Super Geek guy how can do it

Leave a comment:

• loko
    replied
    Make sure again that ALL of your computer power saving settings are disabled or set to Maximum Performance (the settings under Control Panel, not under Device Manager).

Open the Device Manager, find your Ethernet device and double click it to display the Properties window. Even if there is no Power Management tab, where you can disable power saving settings, there should be an Advanced tab. Check if there are some relevant options there. It is obvious that you should not change anything you do not understand.

If you cannot find the solution, you just have to wait until all of us will receive our units. Since this thread is well established, if someone had a solution, it would have been posted already.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I have installed Windows 10 and the problem is also present. So maybe it's a bios setting?
    Lets hope not because it's a lot of BLA BLA.

Bob, if you read this, can you confirm this ethernet port problem?

Leave a comment:

• scropion86
    replied
    I loaded Ubuntumate....and the Ethernet Port lights are still on. So thats the good news....now i have to wait for a Windows Guru, who can solve this issue.

Thanks all, for thinking with me.

that's good news i'am waiting to get my hands on it , so i can try that my self

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by loko View Post

Try to load a Linux distribution from a USB Flash Drive, and check if the LAN gets also disabled under the same circumstances. If yes, then it could probably be a hardware related problem, if no, then it definitely is a Windows related problem.

It seems that to find an appropriate solution, you will probably have to wait until the end of the month, when a lot of us will supposedly receive our units.

I loaded Ubuntumate....and the Ethernet Port lights are still on. So thats the good news....now i have to wait for a Windows Guru, who can solve this issue.

Thanks all, for thinking with me.

Leave a comment:

• loko
    replied
    Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
    Sure, BUT
    1. I wrote "if this is fast enough for you"
    2. useless if you only have 100Mbit
    3. you will get the AX88772 for ~5 USD instead of >16 USD for the AX88179
    I totally agree. I think I had you covered. I said that USB 2.0 to Gigabit Ethernet *may* probably give you double speeds in the best case scenario. This could be useful only to someone having a Gigabit LAN and intending to use PiPo X7 as a NAS.

I also asked anyone who uses a USB 2.0 to Gigabit Ethernet adapter to verify the actual obtained local network speeds, not the probably lower internet speeds, which should be maxed out anyway. If these speeds do not get past 100Mbps, then you should probably go with a cheaper Fast Ethernet adapter.

Originally posted by vprasinos View Post
    How come a USB trick for power suspend will help the LAN connection?

Is the LAN interface on the pipo coming from an internal USB to LAN connection maybe?
    It has already been mentioned in this thread that Pipo X7 uses Davicom USB 2.0 to Ethernet Controller DM9621A. You can find the full specifications in the following link under USB to Ethernet - DM9621A.

Thanks Scorpion....but unfortunatly its also not working.

The lights of the port goes out in one or two seconds.....
    Try to load a Linux distribution from a USB Flash Drive, and check if the LAN gets also disabled under the same circumstances. If yes, then it could probably be a hardware related problem, if no, then it definitely is a Windows related problem.

It seems that to find an appropriate solution, you will probably have to wait until the end of the month, when a lot of us will supposedly receive our units.

Leave a comment:

• scropion86
    replied
    Originally posted by vprasinos View Post

Is the LAN interface on the pipo coming from an internal USB to LAN connection maybe?

yes that's True unfortunately , its connect to in-board USB hub somehow

Leave a comment:

• vprasinos
    replied

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Problems with my wired network connection

I don't get the option you have shown.

So it don't work.... The other method I will try later....

Many thanks.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X