Clear All

• scropion86
    replied
    one article i found and this for the Win8.1 from MSDN

Leave a comment:

• scropion86
    replied
    Originally posted by wackidth View Post
    Thanks Scorpion....but unfortunatly its also not working.

The lights of the port goes out in one or two seconds.....i found a program who can automate the keep alive connection every one second. But also not working

I unticked every box in the device manager for all devices icould find to prevent saving power... Also no luck....

What i was thinking.....as this is a board for a tablet....

What happens when you push the powerbutton of a tablet the screen goes off and (when set) the connection goes down.

Maybe the copied the the register of a tablet machine in to the X7, and we have to search in a Register setting?
    try this , this is my last trick

This can be done in the registry with one global setting.
    =====
    Open Notepad, paste the following
    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\USB]
    “DisableSelectiveSuspend”=dword:00000001
    Save it as USBdisablepower.reg
    and double click it and pray maybe will work

---------------------------------
    and you can do it like that from power management

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Thanks Scorpion....but unfortunatly its also not working.

The lights of the port goes out in one or two seconds.....i found a program who can automate the keep alive connection every one second. But also not working

I unticked every box in the device manager for all devices icould find to prevent saving power... Also no luck....

What i was thinking.....as this is a board for a tablet....

What happens when you push the powerbutton of a tablet the screen goes off and (when set) the connection goes down.

Maybe the copied the the register of a tablet machine in to the X7, and we have to search in a Register setting?

Leave a comment:

• no_spam_for_me
    replied
    Originally posted by loko View Post
    Choosing "USB 3.0 to Gigabit Ethernet" or "USB 2.0 to Gigabit Ethernet" may have better results than "USB 2.0 to Fast Ethernet", since the USB 2.0 interface has more than double effective data transfer rate than the Fast Ethernet interface (480Mbps->~240-280Mbps vs 100Mbps).
    :
    Sure, BUT
    1. I wrote "if this is fast enough for you"
    2. useless if you only have 100Mbit
    3. you will get the AX88772 for ~5 USD instead of >16 USD for the AX88179

Leave a comment:

• scropion86
    replied
    keep LAN Alive

hello

here i will show how to keep the LAN device alive

notes:

1 - i made this steps to let the users who has the X7 to check if this will not allow the LAN to get killed for inactivity
    2- this is not a final solution as popup DOS screen will come every 5 minutes to make sure that LAN activity is there - not good to keep it always - .
    3 - if this success to prevent the LAN from killed , i will make a small program to run in the windows notification area to do that job without any popup screen , as a final solution

so please who has the device and want to test please follow the steps

1 - open task scheduler
    2 - click on create task on the top right side the below screen will popup
    give the Task some reasonable name

3 - select the trigger tap and do every this as on below image

4 - select action tab
    set the Program to Ping and the argument to any website always up i used yahoo

and click ok then ok

now every 5 minutes a DOS screen will popup and perform a ping on Yahoo.com
    it'a annoying but this just for testing

if this prevent the LAN from get killed please let me know and i will make a small
    program for you to do that job without the annoying DOS popup screen

you can delete the task after that or disable it to stop the popup DOS screen

Scropion86
    Last edited by scropion86; 02-09-2015, 06:40. Reason: some corrections

Leave a comment:

• lifeisfun
    replied
    That's the last thing I want to try.
    Did you check your Bios version?
    No
    How do you enter the Bios on this thing?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    That's the last thing I want to try.
    Did you check your Bios version?

Leave a comment:

• lifeisfun
    replied
    Thanks for the point outs.... But already try those options before coming to here.
    Did you try the reset?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Thanks for the point outs.... But already try those options before coming to here.

Leave a comment:

• lifeisfun
    replied
    There is a problem in RaspberryPi, where you have to add "hdmi_force_hotplug=1" and "hdmi_drive=2" to your "/boot/config.txt" to force HDMI mode regardless of having an HDMI cable connected or not.

It seems that PiPo X7 is having a relevant problem, which will probably be addressed soon, by active users. An accepted solution would be one which do not require continuous use of programs as TeamViewer.

You can also try configuring "Power Options" for the active power "Plan" and set "Turn off display" to "Never". You can also set any Ethernet related settings to "Maximum Performance".

Very good point Loco!
    My display is set to never time out

Leave a comment:

• loko
    replied
    There is a problem in RaspberryPi, where you have to add "hdmi_force_hotplug=1" and "hdmi_drive=2" to your "/boot/config.txt" to force HDMI mode regardless of having an HDMI cable connected or not.

It seems that PiPo X7 is having a relevant problem, which will probably be addressed soon, by active users. An accepted solution would be one which do not require continuous use of programs as TeamViewer.

You can also try configuring "Power Options" for the active power "Plan" and set "Turn off display" to "Never". You can also set any Ethernet related settings to "Maximum Performance".

Leave a comment:

• lifeisfun
    replied
    Having TeamViewer just installed or even running in standby mode would probably not do the trick. To be able to keep the PiPo X7 display interface alive, an active TeamViewer connection capturing the PiPo X7 display should probably be made. You could also try using TightVNC as an alternative, keeping an active connection alive all the time. Reverse connections, as controlling another computer from PiPo X7 would not do the trick. Try remote controlling PiPo X7 through your PC, then remove the HDMI cable and check if the connection remains alive.
    My teamviewer is just sitting waiting for connection. Same with nextpvr.
    No active connections.

Leave a comment:

• loko
    replied
    I have teamviewer and nextpvr installed and it still killed the interface.
    Having TeamViewer just installed or even running in standby mode would probably not do the trick. To be able to keep the PiPo X7 display interface alive, an active TeamViewer connection capturing the PiPo X7 display should probably be made. You could also try using TightVNC as an alternative, keeping an active connection alive all the time. Reverse connections, as controlling another computer from PiPo X7 would not do the trick. Try remote controlling PiPo X7 through your PC, then remove the HDMI cable and check if the connection remains alive.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I have teamviewer and nextpvr installed and it still killed the interface.

I did a test with a stress test program.... And then again the Ethernet is not falling out.
    Last edited by Guest; 02-08-2015, 19:27.

Leave a comment:

• loko
    replied
    Yes I know I had 75 updates....

But the strange thing happened... I have installed srecorder a program to record you desktop. To see what's going on fx in the device manager.
    I did a recording... And you guess?? The Ethernet was still alive when I unplugged the Hdmi cable.
    Not strange at all. It seems that when the Display interface goes to sleep, the Ethernet interface gets affected too. Maybe these screen capture programs, as TeamViewer or SRecorder do not let the Display interface go to sleep, so the Ethernet interface continues to work normally.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X