X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• garfield-fr
    replied
    Originally posted by lifeisfun View Post
    If my TV and receiver is off I don't have this problem.
    Did not try yet with the cable unplugged.
    I have the problem in 2 cases, TV off, unplugged cable

Leave a comment:

• lifeisfun
    replied
    Originally posted by garfield-fr View Post
    I have the same problem
    If my TV and receiver is off I don't have this problem.
    Did not try yet with the cable unplugged.

Leave a comment:

• lifeisfun
    replied
    Originally posted by scropion86 View Post
    i suggest to look at the Power settings of the LAN drivers
    i don't have the device still but may be this will help

this is an example i hope it will help

No power settings available for the usb to ethernet on board adapter.

Leave a comment:

• garfield-fr
    replied
    Originally posted by wackidth View Post
    I have noticed when the TV is off or HDMI cable is disconnected. The Ethernet is off

So no internet connction. The USB ports are still powered.

Looked for a setting but without results....any ideas???
    I have the same problem

Leave a comment:

• scropion86
    replied
    Originally posted by wackidth View Post
    I have noticed when the TV is off or HDMI cable is disconnected. The Ethernet is off

i suggest to look at the Power settings of the LAN drivers
    i don't have the device still but may be this will help

this is an example i hope it will help

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Leave a comment:

• Mr Dasher
    replied
    Originally posted by scropion86 View Post
    i found below Devices all has the same chip-set ASIX [email protected] USD

@17.95 USD

@15.95 i like this One

all of these device showing support for WoL but i'am not sure id the EUFI supporting this function or not
    this will make a big difference.

i'am still waiting my Pipo X7 to be shipped (GeekBuying )
    Here's the one I ordered.

Since they all use the same chip they probably all work the same though I am not sure about using a usb 3.0 version.

I also ran it through a 3 amp powered usb hub I had laying around. The hub also appears to have clear up the cursor stutier I was having with my remote keyboard.

Leave a comment:

• scropion86
    replied
    ASIX AX88179

i found below Devices all has the same chip-set ASIX [email protected] USD

@17.95 USD

@15.95 i like this One

all of these device showing support for WoL but i'am not sure id the EUFI supporting this function or not
    this will make a big difference.

i'am still waiting my Pipo X7 to be shipped (GeekBuying )

Leave a comment:

• scropion86
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr Dasher View Post
    Well the the ASIX AX88179 made a world of difference. I am receiving full speed Internet. Well worth the 25 dollars I spent. Even if I didn't have network issues I would still upgrade. A special thanks to no_spam for the ASIX suggestion.
    good to hear that , can you provide a Link of the USB Ethernet adapter that you'v purchased

Leave a comment:

• Mr Dasher
    replied
    I think there may be issues with device conflict.. My usb remote hp keyboard stutters a bit when the Lan is enabled. Anyway I said screw 10/100 and I ordered a USB 10/100/1000 with an ASIX AX88179 chip-set. My whole network is 1000 except for my X7. Thanks for the ASIX suggestion.<b

I'll post how I make out.
    Well the the ASIX AX88179 made a world of difference. I am receiving full speed Internet. Well worth the 25 dollars I spent. Even if I didn't have network issues I would still upgrade. A special thanks to no_spam for the ASIX suggestion.

Leave a comment:

• Sarco
    replied
    Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
    I only found this German page, but you can see, brutto and netto are different...
    At USB and WiFi you can say ~50% of the brutto...
    At Eth ~90%...
    http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Datendurchsatz
    It is a very good explanation of wifi rate and ethernet, wifi N 4x4 (number of transmitter and receiver) can achieve 600Mbps with use of 600N compatible router. Minix X7 have 1x1 so 150Mbps. Gigabit ethernet won't use tranmitter or receiver and work at 1000Mbps but the usb 2.0 won't go over 500Mbps since it is the limit. You should divide per 2 for up an download for a rate of 250Mbps, good increase vs 150Mbps.

Leave a comment:

• no_spam_for_me
    replied
    Originally posted by Sarco View Post
    Technically wifi is faster assuming you can get 150Mbps since wire is 100Mbps max. X7 is 1x1 150Mbps.
    If usb adapter working you should go to maximum speed 500Mbps since this is only USB 2.0 (500Mbps) but it is realy more faster.
    I only found this German page, but you can see, brutto and netto are different...
    At USB and WiFi you can say ~50% of the brutto...
    At Eth ~90%...

Leave a comment:

• Sarco
    replied
    That is a very good point. In the worse case I just use wifi. Let's see how I make out with the new Asix usb network adapter. I will also try using a powered hub.
    If usb adapter working you should go to maximum speed 500Mbps since this is only USB 2.0 (500Mbps) but it is realy more faster.

Leave a comment:

• Mr Dasher
    replied
    Technically wifi is faster assuming you can get 150Mbps since wire is 100Mbps max. X7 is 1x1 150Mbps.
    That is a very good point. In the worse case I just use wifi. Let's see how I make out with the new Asix usb network adapter. I will also try using a powered hub.

Leave a comment:

• Mr Dasher
    replied
    Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
    If I'm not wrong it's an USB-to-Ethernet adapter... I have no idea which chip-set they use at this device... one of the fastest chip-sets at USB2.0 are the ones from ASIX (e.g. AX88772), but also at best case lower than native LAN chip-set speed....
    I think there may be issues with device conflict.. My usb remote hp keyboard stutters a bit when the Lan is enabled. Anyway I said screw 10/100 and I ordered a USB 10/100/1000 with an ASIX AX88179 chip-set. My whole network is 1000 except for my X7. Thanks for the ASIX suggestion.

I'll post how I make out.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X