Problems with my wired network connection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vprasinos View Post
    Mine is v1.3 and no network problems when HDMI is not connected.

Maybe the problem is with 1.2?
    mine also V1.3 but i didn't used the LAN till now , but glad to know it's working

Comment

Regarding this issues, I have made numerous tests the last few days and I have identified what may be the cause of the problem. Before doing so, I have to say I have rev 1.3 X7 and I run the drivers from Finless pack except BT, WIFI and Intel Graphics. The BT and WIFI are from latest pipo pack and the Intel Graphics are the ones I downloaded from here. My pipo is connected to a Pioneer AVR through HDMI.

So, I am having the issue with ethernet. Whenever I am switching the AVR off, the ethernet stops. The first thing I tried is to use another HDMI cable but nothing changed.

The second thing I tried and started to realize some things is when I connected Pipo directly to my TV. I put my TV to standby, never switch it off from the button. So with my TV going to standby, Pipo HAD ethernet, it was not disappearing. However, when I tried to switch it off with the button, the ethernet disappeared. With standby, it seems that the TV sends power through HDMI pin 18 and this is enough to keep the ethernet alive. On the other hand, my AVR switches off, doesn't go to standby.

Having the above in mind, I started to focus on the Intel Graphics drivers. As I said, I installed the latest from intel site. I used the exe first, then I also tried with the zip to see if something changes. In all cases I tried the installers, not installing the inf file. I also tried the previous version (15.33.30.64.3958) both exe and zip and also the version that was given by pipo and was in the Finless's pack and can be downloaded as a zip here. None of these worked. I repeat, I used the installers, not the inf file directly.

I have to say that I usually uninstall the drivers, I do not install on top of the other before uninstalling. So at some point I decided to made the test with the default Microsoft Windows 8.1 drivers. I know that these drivers are lacking numerous things but in any case a test is easy to do. Surprisingly enough, the ethernet is not sleeping when I switch off the AVR. I tried switching on/off several times the AVR, the ethernet never went to sleep. Good eh?

So my outcome is that the issue is caused by the intel drivers. I am not sure if the people who have the issue have installed the drivers and which drivers, but there's something in the drivers that cause the issue. It may be a combination of the drivers and pipo implementation. It seems that when the hdmi stops to receive signal, the computer is warned through the drivers to go to low consumption and switches ethernet (well the USB adapter off) when there is no USB activity too.

To further support the latest, I connected a USB stick and started copying a large file to the 32GB card I have installed in pipo. The copy took about 2 minutes. During these 2', I switched off the AVR twice and guess what? The ethernet didn't disappear. I was having the latest Intel drivers in the test. I could see the USB stick light flashing and ethernet was there. When it finished copying, ethernet said goodbye for one more time.

There's something with the drivers and maybe with pipo implementation of USB Ethernet Adapter. I have not found a solution yet but we have something to work on. I tried switching some services off (basically all Intel Services using services.msc) but I had no luck since these services also exist with the default Windows drivers. If people have time to experiment with this a bit further, try different settings in Device Manager in you Ethernet card, switch services off/on and even compare (not change) BIOS settings. The cause is the graphics drivers and this is why in Linux you don't have the issue.

First post here, a bit long, but hope it can put some light to the issue.

Comment

I may have a much simpler answer. I was having all sorts of issues with Ethernet. I simply invested in a new power adaptor and the problem went away. Just try one out first before doing anything else.

Comment

My adapter (DM9261A USB To FastEther) is disconnected. I found that the changes USB\VID_0A46&PID_1269 to USB\VID_0000&PID_1269. I edited file DM9USB.inf from drivers and added USB\VID_0000&PID_1269 + reinstalled drivers. Maybe it will work....now to test....
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by oversx View Post
            My adapter (DM9261A USB To FastEther) is disconnected. I found that the changes USB\VID_0A46&PID_1269 to USB\VID_0000&PID_1269. I edited file DM9USB.inf from drivers and added USB\VID_0000&PID_1269 + reinstalled drivers. Maybe it will work....now to test....
            You don't need to do that. Sometimes the adapter is disconnected after boot with no reason. All you have to do is reboot and it's there again.

Comment

You don't need to do that. Sometimes the adapter is disconnected after boot with no reason. All you have to do is reboot and it's there again.
              When disconnected while playing a movie.... adapter switches to next driver.
              Attached Files

Comment

another fine example of how the Chinese want to screw us. I wonder if they do this stuff on purpose?

Comment

When disconnected while playing a movie.... adapter switches to next driver.
                  Does it disconnect while playing a game/movie?? Ok my unit has never done this. Only some times after boot finishes it fails to detect the adapter. A reboot fixes that.

An edit to DM9USB.inf I think will not fix that. It needs more sections to edit in the file. Also the VID going to 0000 seems like the pipo looses the usb connection to the ethernet adapter (due to power?). Maybe another power supply might fix it...

Comment

Does it disconnect while playing a game/movie?? Ok my unit has never done this. Only some times after boot finishes it fails to detect the adapter. A reboot fixes that.

An edit to DM9USB.inf I think will not fix that. It needs more sections to edit in the file. Also the VID going to 0000 seems like the pipo looses the usb connection to the ethernet adapter (due to power?). Maybe another power supply might fix it...
                    Yes it happens when you play a movie. This morning was a USB\VID_0000&PID_1269, did not help restart.... maybe it dies ;-(
                    The VID&PID will be stored in the Davicom chip (about the eeprom) or in BIOS?
                    I have power supply of notebook 12V/5A.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Yes it happens when you play a movie. This morning was a USB\VID_0000&PID_1269, did not help restart.... maybe it dies ;-(
                      The VID&PID will be stored in the Davicom chip (about the eeprom) or in BIOS?
                      I have power supply of notebook 12V/5A.
                      It's inside the davicom chip. The reason you are seeing a bunch of zeros for the VID is the lost connection between the chip and the usb port. Suggestions:

1. Use the shipped power supply. Or at least measure with a multimeter that your power supply has a uniform voltage over time.

2. Buy an external USB to ethernet adapter.

Comment

It's inside the davicom chip. The reason you are seeing a bunch of zeros for the VID is the lost connection between the chip and the usb port. Suggestions:

1. Use the shipped power supply. Or at least measure with a multimeter that your power supply has a uniform voltage over time.

2. Buy an external USB to ethernet adapter.
                        It's happening to the original power supply. With the USB\VID_0000&PID_1269 it works all morning! I bought a external sound card (optical output) and LAN not want to buy.

Comment

It's happening to the original power supply. With the USB\VID_0000&PID_1269 it works all morning! I bought a external sound card (optical output) and LAN not want to buy.
                          I see you modified [DM9USB.NTx86] and [DM9USB.NTamd64] also. That's good. So you say that if we install your file the ethernet works when we take out the hdmi?

PS. I don't have the problem so I won't try it...

Comment

I see you modified [DM9USB.NTx86] and [DM9USB.NTamd64] also. That's good. So you say that if we install your file the ethernet works when we take out the hdmi?

PS. I don't have the problem so I won't try it...
                            LAN can be disconected independently on HDMI.... LAN for me has nothing common with it HDMI.
                            You can test it.
                            Last edited by oversx; 03-17-2015, 17:32.

Comment

I had to do that too !!! Well I didn't edit the INF but forced the installation of the driver.

I still don't know why it sometimes looses it's VID

Comment

On Davicom chip I put the radiator and it did not help. Now (night) I turn USB\VID_0A46&PID_1269. I'll try again to simulate change VID and hopefully it will switch automatically and it will work.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X