Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zollymonsta View Post
    Funny. I just got the exact same email.
    Doesnt matter, sent mine back to GearBest today. Sounds like they will replace it with another.
    In my case, Gearbest has not replied at all at my support requests; however it does not matter as I have escalated the case to a Paypal claim.

Comment

Gearbest have shipped me (I assume) a brand new unit.

Pity they have shipped it to my incorrect address!

Comment

So how much money you payd for shipping back?

Comment

Originally posted by hey69 View Post
          So how much money you payd for shipping back?
          They wanted normal post (no courier / FedEx etc) with tracking. I said no as that would cost over $53 NZ which is over half the cost of the unit. So paid approx $20 NZ for normal postage. About 5 days after I sent a copy of the postage reciept they ore-advised to NL Post a replacement coming back.
          They sent it to the previous address, which I told them not to. And have only offered a coupon 5% discount on my next order (even though I have told them it is likely I may not receive this replacement).

Comment

Pf yeah.. thats the thing with ordering from china.
            i hope mine keeps working. I dont think i woulf send it off anyway from belgium.

Comment

My replacement arrived. Is a new unit, works fine. The QC on it wasn't too good, shadow and marks from over abundance of glue (I think) on the outer silver case, hopefully some weak alcohol will remove the marks.

Still, it works and I won't dare go near the BIOS again.

Comment

My Pipo X7 works again . I have replaced ROM chip with new W25Q64FWSIG (programmed with x7_ms_logo.BIN by PROM programmer). Hooah!
                You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by zollymonsta View Post
                  My replacement arrived. Is a new unit, works fine. The QC on it wasn't too good, shadow and marks from over abundance of glue (I think) on the outer silver case, hopefully some weak alcohol will remove the marks.

Still, it works and I won't dare go near the BIOS again.
                  Funny that, mine too. I tried some alcohol to remove the marks, but it didn't work.

Comment

I also played with the power settings in the BIOS of my Pipo, for exactly the same reasons as Zollymonsta, but fortunately did not affect the unit. Unfortunately also did not solve my issue. I have had a lot of problems with this device but the biggest problem is trying to figure out what is responsible. Is it the OS? The hardware? The application? I don't have a lot of experience with 8.1 and would love to dump it. Has anyone been able to figure out how to install a working version of Win 7 on this thing?

Comment

Poor design, poor implementation, much cost saving,

Comment

Originally posted by Kyrie
                        My Pipo X7 works again . I have replaced ROM chip with new W25Q64FWSIG (programmed with x7_ms_logo.BIN by PROM programmer). Hooah!
                        How did you manage to solder this WSON package?

Comment

Originally posted by Frontier View Post
                          How did you manage to solder this WSON package?
                          I did it at mobile repair service for 1,5$ (desolder and solder). They used hot air gun like this http://www.aliexpress.com/item/220V-...234743668.html

Comment

Originally posted by Kyrie View Post

I did it at mobile repair service for 1,5$ (desolder and solder). They used hot air gun like this http://www.aliexpress.com/item/220V-...234743668.html
                            Please could you tell me where did you get your pre-programmed W25Q64FWSIG chip from? I changed the power on state on my unit (so it awakens after power off) and it no longer boots! (d'oh)

Comment

Originally posted by exnc View Post
                              Please could you tell me where did you get your pre-programmed W25Q64FWSIG chip from? I changed the power on state on my unit (so it awakens after power off) and it no longer boots! (d'oh)
                              You may buy chip here. You may use 25Q64FW (WSON) or 25Q64DW (not WSON) chip (mother board have place for both type). My friend programmed it for me (he have PROM programmer).

Comment

Originally posted by Kyrie View Post

You may buy chip here. You may use 25Q64FW (WSON) or 25Q64DW (not WSON) chip (mother board have place for both type). My friend programmed it for me (he have PROM programmer).
                                Possible to desolder and reprogrammed the chip?

Comment

Working...
                                X