Pipo X7 won't start up anymore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cypher View Post

Possible to desolder and reprogrammed the chip?
    Sure. But you need PROM programmer that support 1.8V chips. 3.3V will kill chip.

Comment

Originally posted by exnc

Please could you tell me where did you get your pre-programmed W25Q64FWSIG chip from? I changed the power on state on my unit (so it awakens after power off) and it no longer boots! (d'oh)
      Excuse me, but how did you changed this power on state?

Comment

Originally posted by Kyrie View Post

You may buy chip here. You may use 25Q64FW (WSON) or 25Q64DW (not WSON) chip (mother board have place for both type). My friend programmed it for me (he have PROM programmer).
        Thank you I will look into repairing it. Just have to find someone to program it for me!

Comment

Originally posted by rfwagner View Post
          Excuse me, but how did you changed this power on state?
          I think it's called S5 state - basically DO not touch that setting! My X7 no longer turns on!! (Just flashing light) :-(

Comment

Originally posted by exnc View Post
            I think it's called S5 state - basically DO not touch that setting! My X7 no longer turns on!! (Just flashing light) :-(
            Try to detach battery. It works with CX-W8 and other boxes with same problem (S5 state).

Comment

Edit:
              Got it working with a CH341A programmer, Adafruit 4-channel logic level converter and a dc-dc converter.
              Chip was actually detected as W25Q64BV.
              Last edited by default69; 05-22-2015, 17:26.

Comment

CNXS posted tip how to flash (restore) any Atom Z3700 boxes ta home (it is about T01, but all Z3700 boxes have same ROM chip type) without desoldering ROM chip. All you need is EZP XPro USB Programmer (30+$ at Ali) and SOIC8 clips (5+$ at Ali). And 5 minutes of free time .

Comment

Just want to add here that I successfully managed to brick my X7S. The only setting I changed was the default power state in the event of power failure (something similar) from S5 to S0 (or the other way). It no longer boots up. Wish I had seen this thread before.

Update: Its working now. Don't know what exactly happened. I had a wireless keyboard attached to it. It looks like it wouldn't turn on if the USB adapter was connected. I opened the box and left it like that for an hour (with everything disconnected). Then when I connected the power back, it turned on. So I connected HDMI and wireless keyboard. Rebooted, went to BIOS and did a reset to default. It didn't turn on again after that. Left it for some time after disconnecting everything. Then turned it on and now everything is fine.
                  Last edited by unni; 05-25-2015, 17:26.

Comment

Originally posted by unni
                    Just want to add here that I successfully managed to brick my X7S. The only setting I changed was the default power state in the event of power failure (something similar) from S5 to S0 (or the other way). It no longer boots up. Wish I had seen this thread before.

Update: Its working now. Don't know what exactly happened. I had a wireless keyboard attached to it. It looks like it wouldn't turn on if the USB adapter was connected. I opened the box and left it like that for an hour (with everything disconnected). Then when I connected the power back, it turned on. So I connected HDMI and wireless keyboard. Rebooted, went to BIOS and did a reset to default. It didn't turn on again after that. Left it for some time after disconnecting everything. Then turned it on and now everything is fine.
                    But now are you using the keyboard?

Comment

I am trying to revive my dead X7 by reflasing it, using a CH341A programmer, some spare Winbond W25Q64DWSSIG chips (not the WSON package but the SOP8 one), an 8 channel logic level converter ( http://m.****.com/itm/251634459225?nav=SEARCH ) and a "claw" cable. I also have a Mixtile Garage board that supplies two 1.8v lines.

My problem is that no matter how I connect the level converter to the circuit, the CH341A software does not detect the Winbond flash ; if the flash is connected directly to the programmer, it gets detected but flashing produces errors as the chip requires 1.8v.

Can someone tell me how to connect the level converter in order to flash the chip?

Comment

Hi!

I have a pipo x8 which also does not start up anymore. I also changed a setting in the bios with power state S5.

I want now to flash the eeproom, but i read here that everybody flashes the Winbond chip.
                        I cannot find any windbond chip on th pipox8 motherboard.
                        I have a atmhl430 chip, and another 2x4 pin chip on the other side with 1930 and another long number on it.

SO i dont know if i can also flash one of these chips instead?

Any idea? Thanks!

Comment

Hello,
                          I know it's x7 thread, but maybe someone could help me with my x8 64gb. I have a stock Pipo X8, with windows 10 upgrade. I have tried to switch from windows to Android (with the stock .exe) and out of nowhere the tv box entered in a loop with the PIPO logo. Now I can't start neither Android nor Windows. It's stucked in a loop. Any advices? Thank you

[SOLVED] - Changing in BIOS the Boot Order and booting from a Recovery disk, solved the problem. The chalenge was to make it boot from the USB Recovery drive made on my laptop, not prior made on Pipo device. But, all in all, it worked.
                          Last edited by aboicu; 10-25-2015, 10:43.

Comment

Hi, did somebody succeded to reflash it?
                            I also fiddled with the settings, and not starting up anymore.
                            I tried with the firmware found on the manufacturer's site, but no success so far.
                            I desoldered the w25q64dwig, reprogrammed, resoldered, but nothing...
                            I have saved the non-booting firmware, and i compared with the ones found on the internet and they are pretty different, i'm not sure that they uploaded any correct firmware...
                            Last edited by dzsemx; 05-13-2016, 13:07.

Comment

Can somebody upload a working firmware?

I know it's pretty old, but it was working well before i broke it...

Comment

Originally posted by dzsemx View Post
                                Can somebody upload a working firmware?

I know it's pretty old, but it was working well before i broke it...
                                You get nothing on boot?
                                ​How did yo bork it?

Comment

Working...
                                X